DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Could you check something for me? Very slowly bring down the notification bar. Does it move smoothly, one pixel at a time, or does it 'jump' 4-5 pixels at a time?

scratch that - not doing it slow enough :) it does come down a pixel at a time

Edited by raidet

Guest coronet

Noticing the phone randomly shutting down. While out of my pocket watching a movie just now, the phone rebooted on it's own. Odd. Haven't experienced this behavior in previous builds. Anyone else getting strangeness such as this?>

Guest bhull521

Is the charging of the battery a software controled function?

Or should I look elsewhere?

I seem to have lost the abilty use my car charger on my Streak.

The ac charger still works as does the laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by bhull521

As my wife was still in bed this morning, I went for a quick update on my room terasse watching the sun set (i am in Morocco for the WE).

Updating from 0.2 to 1.0, it went as predicted... After the flash I got stuck on the DELL logo so I restarted it and in Clockwork, I reset the data.

Still the same problem so this time, before to select update from zip i selected the reset data on the first menu and Voila!

4 minutes after, my 1.0 was up and running... Thank you STeven!!

Didn't make any tests except for the wifi as there is one in my hotel (open for all and non encrypted) and not possible to log.

It find the network, It connect to it and then it stuck on "Obtaining IP address" and finaly it goes back to network search and the loop start again.

I have no problem with my Wifi at home so will try when back.

Not activating data here as they are going to charge me enough to buy for a new kidney...

Bye

Edited by BooToo

Guest spacecat46
Noticing the phone randomly shutting down. While out of my pocket watching a movie just now, the phone rebooted on it's own. Odd. Haven't experienced this behavior in previous builds. Anyone else getting strangeness such as this?>

I have had this a couple of times on this version and the beta no obvious reason for it I can see, totally random

Guest Johnston411

hi Steve

I'm on the new baseband first Froyo rom.

I'd quite like to keep it as I get better reception with it than the one from o2's rom.

I've replaced the build prop with ver1 and want to copy over the etc folder, to get market running right, but noticed I have 2.

one in root and one in /system. do I replace both with the one in ver1 update or just one?

Guest jannism

I'll no doubt be tempting fate by saying this but my phone hasn't crashed once since upgrading to v2 beta. I have it set up just the way I want it and haven't experienced any of the problems others have described.

Just wanted to share that... :)

Guest stuliv12

Hi Steve, if you dont mind can you confirm the steps, if i wanted to do a manual update to get the market to work? I tried the suggestion a few pages back, the only thing i didnt do is a data wipe, the thing im trying to avoid. TIA

S.

Guest Stephen Hyde

push the build.prop, framework and etc folders/file from v1.0 over to your build then go into settigns>apps>manage>all>market>force close>clear data then reboot

Guest Magna00

i have flash it with zip routine and now im stuck at the dell logo ...

update from 2.1 to 2.2 - stuck at dell logo

factory reset and update zip - stuck at dell logo

update zip - factory reset - stuck at dell logo

reset - update - reset - stuck at dell logo

i was before on 2.1 8105

i cant start android 2.2

can anyone help me please?

i have an unlocked dell streak

Edited by Magna00

Guest JonesyF

Iv just updated factory unlocked uk streak from 1.6 to steves 2.2 v1.0

Only problem I see so far is that camera wont start up at all. get "Can not connect to camera".

Hope it will be fixed in a future release.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Iv just updated factory unlocked uk streak from 1.6 to steves 2.2 v1.0

Only problem I see so far is that camera wont start up at all. get "Can not connect to camera".

Hope it will be fixed in a future release.

suggest you redownload zip as i fixed that issue yesterday

Guest outsidah
Steve - once again thanks for all the hard work you are putting in daily in getting these builds going. Great job and many thanks!

I still continue to have the issue where my call waiting does not work and I do not get notified that a call is incoming. I know someone else on here was having the same issue.... is anyone else having this? I find it so strange that this would only be happening to me and someone else.

I am located in the US and loaded 2.2 on a Dell US model Streak.

thanks to anyone who can shed some light! (And yes, I have my call waiting on)

Anyone?

Guest Stephen Hyde
Anyone?

cant help here i dont have a voice sim, and i doubt its down to firmware as its a network option

magna00 jump into irc room and ill help out

Guest MrMartay
Anyone?

This is probably a silly question but have you enabled it in - Settings-> Call Settings-> Additional Settings

edit:-

Just to add, found this in another forum...

I'm going to call AT&T today. Maybe it's just a case of having the call waiting I my account reset. Why that would have an effect on why I can't turn it on in the settings I don't know but it's worth shot. Ill post back after that.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with AT&T. Went through the iPhone support first and after a few different tests, it still wouldnt work. The AT&T rep said that the call waiting was active on my account but was not set up properly within the network. As soon as he fixed it, the setting turned itself to ON, so it appears to be working now. If anyone else is having the same problem, call your provider and just have them check the setting on their end for the call waiting.

Edited by MrMartay

Guest Magna00
cant help here i dont have a voice sim, and i doubt its down to firmware as its a network option

magna00 jump into irc room and ill help out

i dont have irc ... :)

Guest Texaspledge

Installed and everything working great. Only one issue at the moment. Youtube still has the offset color in HD mode that v4 had. I tried to take a screen capture but can't figure out how to load it on forum. Blah...