DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Alkiera

That was actually pretty helpful, concisely stated stuff I kinda stumbled through and guessed at last night. The site and forums that claim to be the home of ClockworkMod are the next best thing to useless, there's no documentation on using Nandroid anywhere that I could find. Thanks!

@ANONNY,

I believe you use the update-new.zip with fastboot; the 'update' command lets you send all the images in a zip file, like

fastboot -i 0x413c update update-new.zip

I'll likely be giving it a shot here in 4 hours or so, when I get home from work.

Guest GriZlore
hm, if you don't know how to update with update.zip, maybe it's better not to do this :)

Go custom recovery, and update from update.zip...

+1

That is just what I was thinking. And as I am also not 100% about it myself, I am gonna read up on it. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread and all that!

Guest ashwincr

This is for Steve or whoever else is aware of the issues that I have had, this I think explains what my research over the last 8 hours have come to regarding my bricked phone..

I booted into clockwork recovery and mount /system and am trying to copy all the system files from your froyo release to /system. about half copies over and then I get no space left on device error. My /system partition looks like it is limited to 63.4MB and so all writes to the system partition are failing.

fastboot fails, all updates using regular or clockwork recovery don't work right.

Any pointers as to how this can be corrected?

PS: I have tried to format /system from clockwork too, but still get the same error

Edited by ashwincr

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks new howto for users:

this one doesnt involve flashing baseband but will break gps and camera for now - being worked on

Requirements:

YOU MUST BE ON A 2.1 Build

1. download the new update zip:

http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/b.../update-new.zip

mirrors: http://build.streakdroid.com/update-new.zip

2. install clockworkMod recovery : linked here

3. place the update-new.zip onto your sd card

4. boot streak into recovery by shutting down and holding vol up and down as you press power

5. select update from .pkg option and wait for Clockwork to load.

6. select flash zip from sd

7. choose select zip from sd and find the update-new.zip and flash it :)

8. reboot and wait a while

this can be rooted using universal androot but could take 2 attempted

fix the package checker error by removing the apk from /system/app using root explorer or similar

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest LorD CLockaN

I think I'll wait few more days till this 2.2 works all out.. at least I hope so..

For those that are having problems of not finding all apps in market.. a possible sollution:

Google market is available in my country, but it only shows free apps, I can't see apps that are on sale, because my country is not supported or something...

So I installed MarketEnabler 3.0.8 and there chose another operator (tap and hold), and than go and try google market if apps are there!!!

Now I can buy not only download free apps... I have 2.1, 2.2 haven't even tried.. This is just my oppinion!

Guest StefanCh

Mr. Hyde,

It seems like the GPS, when enabled breaks the Data connection. As soon as something that uses it starts, the data connection disappears. Tried in Google Maps and Navigation.

As soon as you exit the apps that use the GPS, and disable/enable data connection, all rosy again :)

Let me know if i can provide with any logs for you to troubleshoot.

Regards, S

Guest Amdathlonuk

Man, this thing is so close..... keep it up!

However just to keep things tidy could you please update the first post?

It would help to maintain where all the relevent files are.

If I'm being an arse just say so and I'll sell my Streak and get an Iphone........

Guest zeiger

this one doesnt involve flashing baseband but will break gps and camera for now - being worked on

Requirements:

4. boot streak into recovery by shutting down and holding vol up and down as you press power

fix the package checker error by removing the apk from /system/app using root explorer or similar

Sigh, am still on 1.6 on unlock streak....There goes my hope of running froyo

Guest Amdathlonuk
theirs tutorials to get unlocked streaksto 2.1 :)

Agreed and it's VERY easy (I can't program for toffee), just follow the instructions and it takes minutes.

Even the step from 1.6 to 2.1 is worth it, completely revamps the phone.

Guest bimori
Agreed and it's VERY easy (I can't program for toffee), just follow the instructions and it takes minutes.

Even the step from 1.6 to 2.1 is worth it, completely revamps the phone.

Any Market fixes available??

Is it not like the old market problem where you can modify the build.prop and clear the dalvik cache to fix the market?

Yes its exactly that, Steve already has a build. prop with the nexus one settings, market works fine, except you need to select non purchased apps again

Guest jutley
ok good news folks, gps has been fixed :) new update.zip will be upped shortly at same link - will edit this post when its up

i knew to hold on just abit longer untill steve updates again and he did its now time to go froyo gps fixed what else is left camera well soon i hope.

Guest stuliv12

unable to get root, androot doesnt work and busybox install fails . . . anyone else had any success?

**edit** third time lucky :)

Edited by stuliv12

Guest XsCode

Most ppl have to run androot twice before it takes

unable to get root, androot doesnt work and busybox install fails . . . anyone else had any success?

Guest sukicat

Requirements:

I know I am a bit thick but which file is ClockworkMod on the post via the link

Because now that the Gps has been fix I will have a go at installing 2.2

Edited by sukicat

Guest Stephen Hyde

OK UPDATE-NEW.ZIP has been updated with gps fix :) this may also fix camera and packagecheck force close.

links are same as first post.

anyone with camera issues get me logcat

Guest phjnky
OK UPDATE-NEW.ZIP has been updated with gps fix :) this may also fix camera and packagecheck force close.

links are same as first post.

anyone with camera issues get me logcat

Cool, I was just about to say everything was peaches until I noticed the packagecheck popping up. I'll boot the new one now. Went from 2.1 on AT&T without a hitch thanks to the instructions above. Wow this thing is really fast and smooth now. Much better!

Guest adamwalker13

Looks incredible, Nice work! My only problem is that I Cant get a network. When I goto search networks, I get 'ERROR SEARCHING FOR NETWORKS' and when I goto access point names I get 'PreloadNetwork Setting is still at work. Please wait.'

I've been waiting about 15 minutes... Is this normal?