DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Acky1337
if you have dell pc suite installed tell windows you want to pick dirver yourself from a list then do have disk and browse to dell pc suite/drv folder and install :)

It still says it cannot be installed. I gave it to search whole C:/ drive for the damn thing but it cant find it anywhere. :)

Can I skip the fastboot part of 2.2. installation? O.o :)

when I connect my phone while the tablet is actually on, it works, I can browse files, charge it, but when I go into that fastboot mode, windows suddenly cannot recognize it.

Edited by Acky1337

Guest rabydanimal

So I was able to get 1.0 working after finding an old b1-b3 update.zip (not sure which one I had), flashing it then immediately flashing v1. I notice my GPS still doesn't work which is a big issue for me. Otherwise 2.2 is amazing. Keep up the good work Steve!

Edited by rabydanimal

Hm, dropbox doesn't seem to be working with V1.

Can connect, see all my files, but when trying to download tells me network error and I can't grab any of my files.

Hmm works here fine , that message is a generic 'haven't got any connectivity' message

Guest payneardo
It still says it cannot be installed. I gave it to search whole C:/ drive for the damn thing but it cant find it anywhere. :)

Can I skip the fastboot part of 2.2. installation? O.o :)

when I connect my phone while the tablet is actually on, it works, I can browse files, charge it, but when I go into that fastboot mode, windows suddenly cannot recognize it.

yeah same here :D used the guide from XDA but only got "Android Composite ADB Interface" (unless it is this ??) and tried pointing it to the Dell suite drivers and also downloaded teh SDK from google and it cant find it in there either ???

Stuck on the first hurdle :D Hope somebodya can help :)

Edited by payneardo

Guest Stephen Hyde
yeah same here :) used the guide from XDA but only got "Android Composite ADB Interface" and tried pointing it to the Dell suite drivers and also downloaded teh SDK from google and it cant find it in there either ???

Stuck on the first hurdle :)

adb composite will work

remeber to use fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery your-img-file-name.img though as if streak says its in FASTBOOT_MODE it will work with that command

Guest payneardo
adb composite will work

remeber to use fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery your-img-file-name.img though as if streak says its in FASTBOOT_MODE it will work with that command

cheers looks like I have got clockwork revovery on now but now stuck when I go into recovery mode ??

it says

6. select flash zip from sd

7. choose select zip from sd and find the update-new.zip and flash it smile.gif

8. reboot and wait a while

but I dont have the option, I have

appysdcard:update.zip

install zip from sdcard

(as well as other things), sorry but this is unknown terroitory for me and just trying to be ultra careful

I also have a message at the bottom

ClockworkMod recovery v2.5.0.1

E:Can't find MISC:

I am working on a XP virtual machine

Edited by payneardo

Guest dude1966

Updated 2 streaks from the first release till the last one (v1). Flawless installations I might say! Thanks Steve (and others who helped out) for the excellent improvement of the Streak.

PP donation on its way!

Dude1966

Guest bostonguy
What about the Camera? The camera sux ass too..

Dude - first post and you tell somebody that is doing all this to help everybody that part of his effort "sux ass"?

Really?

Here's hoping you don't post a second time.

Guest simpl3lang
What about the Camera? The camera sux ass too..

steve actually meant the camera by what he said. right now the camera cant record in high quality and hes working on it.

Guest jadeboy
Dude - first post and you tell somebody that is doing all this to help everybody that part of his effort "sux ass"?

Really?

Here's hoping you don't post a second time.

Dude. please learn to read first..

Currently the video camera does not do 720 (been there for a while.. it's not Steve fault).. Steve mentioned he doing an update to do 720 on video camera.. I was inquiring if this will be done for the camera too.. because in its current state.. it sux ass but that not Steve fault as this problem has existed since day 1. No where did I blame Steve for anything.. he doing an excellent job.

Guest jadeboy
steve actually meant the camera by what he said. right now the camera cant record in high quality and hes working on it.

Excellent.. just what I was looking for.. Dell did a very poor job of implmenting their camera.. picture quality at its best is fair. Both the Iphone 4 and Dell Streak seems to have the same/similar camera... but the picture quality on the Iphone 4 is far superior.

Guest RedSlug

RobotError.jpg

Here is the error message on the left hand side of videos I play. I hope this helps. :-)

BTW, absolutely loving this last release! (V1) I can't read the RED on BLACK notifications, but I'm not complaining really :-) :-)

Everyone need to just chill.... if someone specifically says 'Steve your version sux ass' then go ahead and talk about his momma. 99% of the people in this forum here are good...Chill and enjoy some Froyo goodness =)

Guest PJBonoVox
BTW, absolutely loving this last release! (V1) I can't read the RED on BLACK notifications, but I'm not complaining really :-) :-)

I second that. Excellent release, but the red on black is definitely a shocker :)

Guest extrememonkey
I second that. Excellent release, but the red on black is definitely a shocker :)

How about a nice Android Green on black -would look spanking with how I have my home screen set up at present.....

Guest RedSlug
I like it, it feels evil.

I like it! But I genuinely, honestly, cannot read it. LOL :)

BTW, like others have said, just because we point out minor problems, does not mean we are not incredibly grateful to Steve for all his hard work.

Guest parks387
I like it! But I genuinely, honestly, cannot read it. LOL :)

BTW, like others have said, just because we point out minor problems, does not mean we are not incredibly grateful to Steve for all his hard work.

+1. Steve is doing a killer job. Keep up the good work! If I knew how or what to look for in getting these issues fixed id be all about giving my 2 cents

Guest popetodd

I am pretty sure that everyone here is in awe, is super grateful of or at least highly impressed by the work that has been done.

Agreed that it can be pretty tough to read sometimes, but you gotta admit it looks fab with a dark theme running on the screen. Like some demon machine. :)

I'm a Solaris/Linux admin with 15 years experience and I am still just getting my head around this Android stuff.

Looks like I'll need to actually learn Java now (helps that I have a reason...). :)

Again, super job all! My Streak has never been cooler thanks to your work and it was already pretty damn cool when I first bought it!

Edited by popetodd

Guest Tacoman667

1.6 was unusable. 2.1 was usable but lacking in so much. @Steve has given us 2.2 where Dell is still twiddling their thumbs. There are some bugs still but my Streak is now fully usable and may even be able to replace my iPhone 4 now. I hate bugs as much as the next person but what has been given to us far outweighs the bad.

Thanks @Steve!

Edited by Tacoman667