DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Adilson
Is anyone having problems to use Bluetooth? I was trying to pair with my car's system and despite the fact it does find the car, it says it can't pair. I was able to pair with my other Android phone (A motorola milestone) and a earphone. The funny thing is that my car is paired with the same Milestone.

Correction: I was able to pair with my car system, it was my mistake during the procedure.

Guest Adilson

I can voice dial via bluetooth now! YES! That was my single biggest problem with Android. My E71 does that easily and I wasn't able to do that with my Milestone but my Streak does! Grrrrrrrrrreat!!!

I have ATT and went from 1.6->2.1->2.2 (first beta) -> 2.2 v1

Since going to 2.2 v1 I have been unable to send or receive text messages. Anyone have any idea why this would be?

Model number- Dell Streak

Android Version- 2.2

Baseband Version- GAUSB1A120321-US

Kernel- 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM- Froyo V1 By DJ_Steve

Thanks a ton

Crewgr

Guest OrionBG

I have Just tried to run N.O.V.A. (the Game) and it is totally broken! Most of the graphics are gone textures missing and so on! Totally unplayable! Please take a look at this Stephen!

Guest JaysFreaky

Since going to 2.2 v1 I have been unable to send or receive text messages. Anyone have any idea why this would be?

Android Version- 2.2

Kernel- 2.6.32.9-perf

Thanks a ton

Crewgr

Read this thread over and you're find your answer.

I have Just tried to run N.O.V.A. (the Game) and it is totally broken! Most of the graphics are gone textures missing and so on! Totally unplayable! Please take a look at this Stephen!

This is because most of the HD Games from Gameloft are made for a different GPU -.-

Guest jamesturley28

Android Version- 2.2

Kernel- 2.6.32.9-perf

Thanks a ton

Crewgr

Yeah i had same problem but i managed to fix

Enter manually or get the APN Backup & Restore and unpack the attached file to a folder on your SDCard called ApnBackupRestore, then restore. http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/attachment...mp;d=1287418903

Please add any that are missing....

O2 Pay Monthly

Press the Menu key

Tap Settings

Tap Wireless controls

Tap Mobile networks

Tap Access Point Names

Press the Menu key

Tap New APN

Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly MMS then tap OK

Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK

Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK

Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK

Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK

Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK

Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK

Tap APN type then tap mms (so a green dot appears next to it)

Tap Menu and click Save

Press the Back key five times to return to the standby screen.

download apn backup&restore app to avoid it happening in the future

ps check this link for more info

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/streakdroi...tings-data.html

if you have any problem wb and ill tell ya excatly how i did it.

Edited by jamesturley28

Yeah i had same problem but i managed to fix

Enter manually or get the APN Backup & Restore and unpack the attached file to a folder on your SDCard called ApnBackupRestore, then restore. http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/attachment...mp;d=1287418903

Please add any that are missing....

O2 Pay Monthly

Press the Menu key

Tap Settings

Tap Wireless controls

Tap Mobile networks

Tap Access Point Names

Press the Menu key

Tap New APN

Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly MMS then tap OK

Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK

Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK

Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK

Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK

Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK

Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK

Tap APN type then tap mms (so a green dot appears next to it)

Tap Menu and click Save

Press the Back key five times to return to the standby screen.

download apn backup&restore app to avoid it happening in the future

ps check this link for more info

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/streakdroi...tings-data.html

if you have any problem wb and ill tell ya excatly how i did it.

I did this with the AT&T version, still no luck. I tried deleted the default ATT US and ATT MMS one and just adding the AT&T listed in your link, still can't receive sms.

Guest johnnobts

NOVA starts black then textures are all messed up, not very playable. dungeon hunter used to run on my custom 2.1 build, but now it doesn't. asphalt and lets golf play great though.

Guest tonymenocal

Hey guys,

Been using my streak a whole bunch lately. everything seems smooth, music mod really helped ease my pain with playback issues, and it looks great as well!! Some other things I noticed, when battery gets low, bluetooth voice listening is activated.. This wouldnt stop but only happened with low battery, and it does it over and over again. Checked settings, bluetooth and related options never were enabled. As far as navi goes. What do I edit to locate a stateside server instead of a UK one. Do i edit build prop or is this an APN kind of thing. I havent done my research I know (please dont slaughter me) Gps does take 2min to locate though. = / I had my first random reboot today, happened while I was making phone call. =( Please dont mistake me though im not complaining at all my phone works great and anime plays fine except for mkv's that are 720p.. I downloaded bleach on tuesday and it played not soo good.. So I ended up using flash to stream it. frame rate is still choppy as hell though and device temperature plays a huge factor in when it wants to work correctly. Any thoughts on calibration tips for screen orientation, I noticed that epref is not in the system as this isnt a streak specific operating system and *#*# ect.. will result in nothing.. Well hope I haven't bugged ya too much =-)

** do you still want logs for your development? and what folder are they stored in?

*btw @tt tried to take away my unlimited data. Their statement was that Iphone data unlimited is ONLY for Iphone users.. I was very unhappy with this and had to visit the store in person to get it back.. I was literally breathing fire I was soo mad.. come on do they really expect us Pandora users to have to pay xtra all the time to listen to music I mean come on lol..

Guest dancemb

I think we need a separate sticky post here for recommended Apps for the Dell Streak.

Like for instance, a better keyboard mod, music mods etc that have been discussed elsewhere. If we had somewhere in a condensed topic it would be a lot easier for people, as we do not currently have a topic like this that could be beneficial, especially to people like myself that do not have much knowledge

Guest jnovello

Here's a new one...today I pick up my streak and unlock it and get "adw.launcher has stopped unexpectedly." It just keeps saying force close over and over. I can't access any setting any menus. Completely locked out of using the thing.

Guest jnovello
When this happened to me reboot fixed it. I think a new version of adw came out this weekend as well??

Yeah that occurred to me. Have tried 5 times already.

Guest popetodd
Here's a new one...today I pick up my streak and unlock it and get "adw.launcher has stopped unexpectedly." It just keeps saying force close over and over. I can't access any setting any menus. Completely locked out of using the thing.

I got that one on rebuild because of the theme I was using.

Try pushing a build.prop that has the resolution set for 160 and reboot.

Guest jnovello
I got that one on rebuild because of the theme I was using.

Try pushing a build.prop that has the resolution set for 160 and reboot.

Ah, I already reflashed. I'm too impatient, but nothing ever just is easy. I wanted to go back to v.2 since I thought battery was better. Recovery flashed ok, but would not come up after reboot. It asked for option 2, then a blank screen. I figured I should go back to 8105 first and then back to Froyo. In the end I put kouche's back and put the update from v.3 over v1 on it and it booted.

Android Version- 2.2

Kernel- 2.6.32.9-perf

Thanks a ton

Crewgr

I reverted back to 2.1 then back to 2.2v1 with this baseband

GAUSB1A120621-US

Still cant send or receive SMS

Under data APN i have the two defaults which are names ATT US and ATT MMS then the one everyone said to add names AT&T (which has green dot)

SMS didnt work when i reverted back to 2.1 either

Anyone have any ideas?

Guest jnovello
I reverted back to 2.1 then back to 2.2v1 with this baseband

GAUSB1A120621-US

Still cant send or receive SMS

Under data APN i have the two defaults which are names ATT US and ATT MMS then the one everyone said to add names AT&T (which has green dot)

SMS didnt work when i reverted back to 2.1 either

Anyone have any ideas?

The beginning versions had data set to off. Did you turn it on in the settings? I had to do so myself.

The beginning versions had data set to off. Did you turn it on in the settings? I had to do so myself.

Ya its on, I can get on internet with 3g, just cant get texts

Guest jnovello
Ya its on, I can get on internet with 3g, just cant get texts

Did you put the APN info yourself? I had that problem and I let the phone search for networks. It picked up ATT for me with the correct settings. Lastly mine just stopped working all together last week. I called ATT and corrected my eime # and that solved it.

Did you put the APN info yourself? I had that problem and I let the phone search for networks. It picked up ATT for me with the correct settings. Lastly mine just stopped working all together last week. I called ATT and corrected my eime # and that solved it.

I tried the default APN then yes i put in the APN that people list on this thread, which didnt work either.

Thanks, i guess I will give att a call.

what is a eime #

Guest jnovello
I tried the default APN then yes i put in the APN that people list on this thread, which didnt work either.

Thanks, i guess I will give att a call.

what is a eime #

You can find it under the battery or on the box. There's also a code you can punch in the dialer.