DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest miker71
theres an app called "screenshot" that works. simple name for a simple tool. it gets the job done

+1 i've been using this and the colours are fine. screenshots do come upside-down though, but that's easy to fix in photoshop mobile or whatever your choice.

Guest sirtekalot

My device is stuck in Airplane mode; I can get the Wi-Fi to turn on but can not make phone calls. Shows Airplane mode on the main screen; when I bring up the power menu it says off, also in Settings shows off; the airplane icon is also at the top of the screen. This after downgrading from the first beta to 2.1 then upgrading back to 2.2. I have already reset the factory settings.

Edited by sirtekalot

Guest sirtekalot

I was just thinking among the same lines; I just reflashed with 2.1 and now I'm going back to AT&T 1.6 which the guide says has the baseband downgrade then back up. Thank you BTW for the answer.

Guest Andy Wofford

I've slowed down on following the forum - mostly because I've upgraded from v2 to the 1.0 release and been extremely happy with it. There's just been no need for me to research anything because this ROM is working beautifully. Thanks for the hard work here - market works great now and this Froyo is as speedy as ever. I've also been impressed with Vlingo and the bluetooth voice commands. I found a WVGA (2.4.44) version of swype that's been phenominal - I was addicted to swype long before the Streak.

Once again - awesome ROM.

Guest freed12
Just out of curiosity, what are you working on at the moment Stephen? Another vanilla Froyo update or a Beta CM6 release?

hello, I have this version: Stock recovery (build 4399) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 1211852b3cea6f3610931f99d477ff5e

move to Froyo exactly what should I do? vrrei not find myself with bloccaso of the screen. thanks

Guest pompeyboyz

Just wanted to add my thanks to the creator as I am absolutely over the moon with this. Took a bit of getting used to ADW and have now got my Streak running like it should.....

My only minor gripe is that I can't tap on the battery/wifi indicators in the top right to check the status but I have installed 2 apps to fill the void and they do the job perfectly.

I have no issues with battery life either and I use live wallpaper, an rss feeder and email that is on the go all the time. Left the house this morning at 6:45 with a full charge and at 3pm I still have 77% :P

Guest darren cox
Just wanted to add my thanks to the creator as I am absolutely over the moon with this. Took a bit of getting used to ADW and have now got my Streak running like it should.....

My only minor gripe is that I can't tap on the battery/wifi indicators in the top right to check the status but I have installed 2 apps to fill the void and they do the job perfectly.

I have no issues with battery life either and I use live wallpaper, an rss feeder and email that is on the go all the time. Left the house this morning at 6:45 with a full charge and at 3pm I still have 77% :P

Wish I could get that kinda battery life - same time frame mine was at 30% with little use.

Overnight it's died a couple of times - not saying anythings wrong necessarily but probably something I've done.

Gone back to 2.1 for now to see if it still happens - might narrow it down for me and by the time I'm done maybe there will be a v1.1 out...? maybe? hopefully? Personally I hope for another stock version rather than a CM6 port

Guest ArchiMark

Help please....

I have US Streak, that I rooted and successfully installed O2 v2.1 a while back...

Decided to flash to 2.2, followed instructions on page 1 of this thread...by the way, instructions should be updated to point out to rename update file that you put on microSD card....

Anyway, Clockwork worked fine..found update.zip file and then it started flashing.

Although, when flashing starts, I do get error message:

E: Can't find MISC:

But then it says it found the update package, opening, and installing update....

Then did the reboot. After a few minutes I heard that sound the Streak makes when booting and saw the Dell logo...

However, it's now been about 15 minutes or so, and it has not finished booting up. I still see the black screen with the Dell logo on it.

So, do I wait longer or pull the battery out and start all over again???

Thanks for any help,

Mark

Edited by ArchiMark

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok for those of you stuck at dell logo do the following - IT WILL wipe all data;

go into clockworkmod

select partitions menu

format /system

format /data

format /cache

go back to main menu

choose select zip from sd

select the update zip from sdcard and flash it,

select to reboot now from clockwork menu and then HOLD both volume keys down immediately after choosing reboot option, keep held until you return to the 4 option recovery menu,

choose factory reset

wait patiently for a bit

Guest ArchiMark
ok for those of you stuck at dell logo do the following - IT WILL wipe all data;

go into clockworkmod

select partitions menu

format /system

format /data

format /cache

go back to main menu

select to reboot now from clockwork menu and then HOLD both volume keys down immediately after choosing reboot option, keep held until you return to the 4 option recovery menu,

choose factory reset

wait patiently for a bit

Thanks for your help, Steve and this ROM!

Meanwhile, as you were posting, I edited my post just above to include the error message I get...

Also, if I do what you suggest and data is wiped, can I use a backup program to make a data backup? Assume I'd have to back up to a microSD card...

Thanks!

Guest ArchiMark
yes backup of apps nd dat but not settings, and the misc error is fine

Thanks!

Meanwhile....I did try to flash again, without wiping....

This time install completed OK....

However, it was a bit odd that I saw the Android lock screen, then back to Dell logo, then back to lock screen. This happened a few times, but now it's settled on the lock screen....

Now, the problem is that I can't seem to unlock the screen! When I try to pull out the lock by putting my finger or thumb on the lock icon and moving to the right, nothing happens, no reaction onscreen.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Guest ArchiMark
pull battery and boot up again

Did that now and Streak is alternating between showing the black Dell logo and then the colored flare Dell logo....back and forth between the two screens,....

Just showed the lock screen for a second and then back to the alternating Dell logos thing....now back to the lock screen....but when I try to grab the lock nothing....now, it finally showed the O2 lock screen for a second, but then back to alternating Dell logos...

Now, it showed the black lock screen again, but just as I touched display it went back to alternating Dell logos.....

Yipes!!!!!!

Help please.....

Guest Adilson
Did that now and Streak is alternating between showing the black Dell logo and then the colored flare Dell logo....back and forth between the two screens,....

Just showed the lock screen for a second and then back to the alternating Dell logos thing....now back to the lock screen....but when I try to grab the lock nothing....now, it finally showed the O2 lock screen for a second, but then back to alternating Dell logos...

Now, it showed the black lock screen again, but just as I touched display it went back to alternating Dell logos.....

Yipes!!!!!!

Help please.....

The O2 lock screen? That's weird because AFAIK, if you flashed Steve's ROM you shouldn't have any trace of O2 there.

Guest ArchiMark
The O2 lock screen? That's weird because AFAIK, if you flashed Steve's ROM you shouldn't have any trace of O2 there.

It showed for just a second...the image with the tent dome thing...

actually, just saw it again for a second.....

then alternating Dell logos and then black lock screen.

now back to logos...

will try rebooting one more time....

you need to do the full wipe thats not flashed right

Stephen,

Any updates on what u r working on the streak now ?

It feels like ages since i have froyo on !!!

Guest spences10

go into clockworkmod

select partitions menu

format /system

format /data

format /cache

go back to main menu

choose factory reset

wait patiently for a bit

Yep, this is standard practice for me now when things go a bit wrong.

nine times out of ten it works, the other time it dosent work is me being stupid :P

Guest ArchiMark
you need to do the full wipe thats not flashed right

That did it, Steve...THANKS!!!!

:P

Now, just gotta install all my apps again......

Onward and upward.....

Guest Spike8585

I noticed on my US 1.6, I was only connecting to UMTS, and 3G was displayed. I was told that I was probably just displaying 3G regardless of my connection. And yes, my service provider does have UMTS/HSDPA(+).

Using speedtest app, I was able to only get 1.6Mbps down.

NOW, after Steves 2.2 rom update, 3G is occationally displayed, and in settings it displays UMTS.

But mostly is says 'H', and now in settings it say HSPA. I did not do the baseband update, as I am using a rebelsim.

Now running speedtest, I get speeds up to 5Mbps.

Weird...but mostly awesome.