DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest adamwalker13

Rebooted a couple of times now... Still getting network search error :) I guess I'll try removing sim card/reinserting then a format and reflash

Guest jutley
OK UPDATE-NEW.ZIP has been updated with gps fix :) this may also fix camera and packagecheck force close.

links are same as first post.

anyone with camera issues get me logcat

All links are dead or either exstreamly busy cant download any files.

Guest HoTdiGiTi

Just wondering, is it worth swapping from the first 2.2 with the baseband flash to this new one? if so will i have to revert back to 2.1 first? Also i have entered the APN setting for O2 Mobile Web and MMS, i get a data connecting ie Gprs Hsdpa 3G etc but times out on the browser and wont send an MMS. Will this updated zip method resolve APN issue?

Guest matty.cptk

Wow!!...

never knew that the streak would ever run this good. your making fast progress here, i think Dell should hook stevie up :)

donated you an e-pint for all your efforts lol.

thanks again

Guest spacecat46

can someone briefly explain how to use clockwork mod

is it the koroush file?

do you install on the PC or the Dell streak?

is your streak connected to the pc when you update ?

i mnaged to get from 1.6 unlocked dell to MCR 2.1 6941 but this is a bit confusing

Guest jutley

first time flash no errors no problems even my rebell sim card came strait up on three uk what a amazing job steve you the man camera force closes on me though.

Guest spacecat46
If your on mcr2 then you have clockwork recovery no doubt. Put new update.zip on sdcard and flash same way as you did mcr2.1 !

i dont think i used clockwork mod was there another way of doing at the time?

its a while back and i forget!

Guest adamwalker13

Still having a problem with getting any network connectivity at all. APN reports that 'PreloadNetworkSetting is still at work' and search network just says 'error while searching'

Any ideas? Or am I going to have to go back to 2.1?

I ran the QDL tool, then used the update-new zip from recovery. I've rebooted countless times, reflashed the update twice. Please help :)

Guest Stephen Hyde
Still having a problem with getting any network connectivity at all. APN reports that 'PreloadNetworkSetting is still at work' and search network just says 'error while searching'

Any ideas? Or am I going to have to go back to 2.1?

I ran the QDL tool, then used the update-new zip from recovery. I've rebooted countless times, reflashed the update twice. Please help :)

thats why - you used qdl didnt need to with new update - go to 2.1 then flash to 2.2 using update zip only

Guest adamwalker13
thats why - you used qdl didnt need to with new update - go to 2.1 then flash to 2.2 using update zip only

Aha! Excellent, thankyou! I was updating in the middle of you updating the tutorials, so did half of both. Will try that now :)

A donation to you will shortly be on its way!

Guest spacecat46

is it the koroush file?

i mnaged to get from 1.6 unlocked dell to MCR 2.1 6941 but this is a bit confusing

anyone? No cryptic do as you did before stuff please just straightforward

i have installed clockwork mod....i think (see kourush file ) but when i boot into recovery it doesnt detect it onthe pc when conencted via usb

Guest Stephen Hyde

is it the koroush file?

anyone? No cryptic do as you did before stuff please just straightforward

i have installed clockwork mod....i think (see kourush file ) but when i boot into recovery it doesnt detect it onthe pc when conencted via usb

try going into recovery and selecting to update from pkg if you get a menu screen with options like nandriod you have clockworkmod

Guest jutley

just to confirm its just not mine does anyone else have a non working camera with latest zip please report so we can get a log file to steve to resolve the issue thanks,

Guest spacecat46
try going into recovery and selecting to update from pkg if you get a menu screen with options like nandriod you have clockworkmod

when i get to recovery i geta screen that says

1.factory reset

2. software ipgrade via update.pkg on sd card

3.screen calibration

4.power off

when i slect option 2

blue writing comes up saying

Android recovery system.,insert sd card visit dell support

press volume button to turn off

nothing happens

Guest jutley

steve will your build.prp work for this 2.2 or do you need to make anotherone i really miss that nice high resoulotion screen at 120 please let me know if it is compatable.