DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest darren cox

I edited mine on the phone from Root Explorer - was easy as just had to get rid of a few lines and changed 2 numbers.

Dunno if I'm back to 2.1 battery life using this but it seems 'better' .

When I'm back home on WIFI i will test for longer - still feel drain is high...maybe the CM6 build will fix it all ha ha (BTW Stephen if you need a tester I'll help)

Guest UMAIR239
perhaps you can consider the tone of your reply too... not sure that attitude will get you very far...

Anyways,

This latest change to the init.qcom file seems to have greatly improved my battery on 2.2... I had gone back to 2.1 but tried this latest change and seems ok.

Now if only the bloody market would work so I can get everything reloaded!

Perhaps you shouldn't poke your nose in other people's business, if you don't have anything Nice to say, its better to ZIP it.....I am Sure this poking habit of yours isn't gonna get you anywhere.....I was just asking for help and he came onto me saying STOP SCREAMING, you fail to see that just because you want to blame it on me, i found his tone to be very degrading and you made even more stupid of yourself by taking his side, I don't have time for this drama, LET THIS BE A DELL STREAK FROYO thread and not pollute it with your stupidity.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Perhaps you shouldn't poke your nose in other people's business, if you don't have anything Nice to say, its better to ZIP it.....I am Sure this poking habit of yours isn't gonna get you anywhere.....I was just asking for help and he came onto me saying STOP SCREAMING, you fail to see that just because you want to blame it on me, i found his tone to be very degrading and you made even more stupid of yourself by taking his side, I don't have time for this drama, LET THIS BE A DELL STREAK FROYO thread and not pollute it with your stupidity.

and how about you stop kicking off for minor things, im certainly not offering any help after the way you have acted in last few pages

Guest darren cox

OMG you so need to relax a little. Why are you trying to start a fight with anyone that replies? Seriously, I think the STOP SHOUTING was justified, and light hearted. Also I have a poking habit now? Based on? I think it's clear that no ones gonna help you because you'll just launch into a rant. Why bother?

Anyway, in regards to your 'other' problem...

Sounds like your Streak is faulty - if the software is corrupting then something isn't right! If all else fails a factory reset should fix most things - if you're having to reflash then something must be happening to the data stored in the flash?

Can you try to restore down (maybe to 1.6) and see if it continues - but I suspect it'll come down to exchanging it

Guest Stephen Hyde
OMG you so need to relax a little. Why are you trying to start a fight with anyone that replies? Seriously, I think the STOP SHOUTING was justified, and light hearted. Also I have a poking habit now? Based on? I think it's clear that no ones gonna help you because you'll just launch into a rant. Why bother?

Anyway, in regards to your 'other' problem...

Sounds like your Streak is faulty - if the software is corrupting then something isn't right! If all else fails a factory reset should fix most things - if you're having to reflash then something must be happening to the data stored in the flash?

Can you try to restore down (maybe to 1.6) and see if it continues - but I suspect it'll come down to exchanging it

best bit is he's mentioned in this thread previously that hes had issues flashig roms etc and problems with sd not mounting - which i have already said is a hardware fault but he doesn seem to listen so meh

Guest darren cox
best bit is he's mentioned in this thread previously that hes had issues flashig roms etc and problems with sd not mounting - which i have already said is a hardware fault but he doesn seem to listen so meh

Oh well - we tried to help!

I'm sure you and I both have other things to attend to :P

Stephen, out of curiosity does the android source for the streak compile as is or are there loads of proprietary files needed?

Guest UMAIR239

I Apologize for my behavior guys, I was just over whelmed, My Streak has been causing trouble, the SD Card mounting thing was never a problem since there are other people having the same problem on other forums with clockwork recovery giving them tough time in mounting the sd card. but its fixed now. Its not easy for me to simply call Dell and get a Replacement since I have the T-Mobile Dell Streak AWS Version and Dell wouldn't replace it because it was given in Austin Miles Race, that's the reason I get more upset when I cannot flash anything in my Streak because I have simply no Choice, Once Again I Apologize for my words, I Hope you guys will forget it......

Thx for the Froyo on Dell Streak Stephen.....

Guest jnovello

Sorry Steve, but I am reluctant to go back to V1 since flashing recovery to get back to 8105 just goes black. I wanted to help test the battery issue. I can tell you for certain that the battery life in V.3 is far superior to V1. In V1 I would go to bed full charge and wake up dead, This happened 4 days in a row with no more than 3 hours of battery during normal use. On V.3 I am losing only 8% overnight and get close to 24 hours on one charge of heavy use. ( Wifi, Bluetooth, live wallpapers, weather, and twitter all day.)

Guest zrospeed
For those of you with battery issues please can you delete the file /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh and create a new file of the same name (ini.qcom.post_boot.sh) containing the following code:

#!/system/bin/sh

# Copyright (c) 2009, Code Aurora Forum. All rights reserved.

#

# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without

# modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

#	 * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright

#	   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

#	 * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright

#	   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the

#	   documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

#	 * Neither the name of Code Aurora nor

#	   the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote

#	   products derived from this software without specific prior written

#	   permission.

#

# THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"

# AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE

# IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND

# NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR

# CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,

# EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,

# PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS;

# OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,

# WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR

# OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF

# ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

#

echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 40 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

echo 20000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate

echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

See if it helps over normal use

hi steve. new to android with streak. i updated to v1. my god, so much better than 1.6. thank you. this sh file. how do i create a new one from scratch? i have no clue how to.

Guest Adilson
hi steve. new to android with streak. i updated to v1. my god, so much better than 1.6. thank you. this sh file. how do i create a new one from scratch? i have no clue how to.

You can use adb (pull/push) or Root Explorer. The rest I'll leave to your google skills :P

Guest UMAIR239
:P the almighty Steve shall Pwn all that cross thy with great vengeance

Then there are people like you who like calling others Almighty :D

Nice Joke btw

Guest digthemlows

I've replaced that, I'll let you know......I was definately seeing battery issues as well as I lost the camera......I reflashed and updated so I'll keep my eye on it.

Guest stuliv12

battery level: for me, after using the modded file today, it hasnt made a massive difference im still down to 5% and need of a charge now. Although that is my experiance and others may have their streak set up better or differently. Happy to help with testing in the future.

Guest vagelis

Greetings all; if I may kindly ask: is the current build (1.0 Oct 17th, I believe) still having the call waiting issue previously mentioned in the thread?

If so, would it be possible to comment on any fixes possible, or any status updates?

Thank you all and particularly Mr. Stephen Hyde in advance.

Guest untrueparadox

installed the postboot file.

i've noticed that my streak reboots every once in a while in standby if i turn on "ondemand" in setcpu. not sure why. and when the app opens, the scaling min and max bars show up correctly from around 200 to 1000, but after a few minutes the numbers on the bar are all messed up. it would scale from like 10 as max to 200 as min.

i deleted the setcpu and everything was fine. will the previous install of setcpu affect postboot?

im so excited cyanogen port btw. nice work! cant wait for the wifi proxy setting.

Guest DeathOfAllThings

So I was using v0.2 for like a week, had no battery problems, seemed great. Then I decided to upgrade to the v1.0 since it had the black status bar and such. Now my battery drains pretty fast. What was changed between the 2 versions? I've tried modifying that file as well, and have seen little to know increase in battery life.

Edited by DeathOfAllThings

Guest Stephen Hyde
Greetings all; if I may kindly ask: is the current build (1.0 Oct 17th, I believe) still having the call waiting issue previously mentioned in the thread?

If so, would it be possible to comment on any fixes possible, or any status updates?

Thank you all and particularly Mr. Stephen Hyde in advance.

Seeing as I can't test/try call waiting I can't comment and secondly I can't comment and secondly its a network service nothing is done on device to enable it to work

Guest outsidah
Seeing as I can't test/try call waiting I can't comment and secondly I can't comment and secondly its a network service nothing is done on device to enable it to work

I wish I understood what was going on but I can tell you it's more than one of us having the problem. I don't see why there aren't more folks chiming about this, I haven't been able to determine if this is a US only thing or if the UK/international folks are OK.

It's something to do with the ROM is the only way I can explain it... call waiting works on every 1.6 and 2.1 ROM I've tried.

Can someone tell me how to change the user agent with 2.2 for the default browser? The about:config command isn't giving me the option to change it.

Am missing something?

I wish I understood what was going on but I can tell you it's more than one of us having the problem. I don't see why there aren't more folks chiming about this, I haven't been able to determine if this is a US only thing or if the UK/international folks are OK.

It's something to do with the ROM is the only way I can explain it... call waiting works on every 1.6 and 2.1 ROM I've tried.

I have this problem too...tested and confirmed. It doesn't even make any kind of sound or anything. Im ok with it though. Hopefully a new V2 version comes out soon. I have flashed anything in a while. :P