DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest jnovello
Can someone tell me how to change the user agent with 2.2 for the default browser? The about:config command isn't giving me the option to change it.

Am missing something?

It's very annoying. About:debug works sometimes and sometimes not. I'm sure you putting it in the address bar, hitting settings, and going down to UA string. This is a huge peave of mine.

Guest foxhoundep3
hey guys i have to say 2.2 is nice but i had to downgrade to 2.1 because battery life was really bad and some apps were still crashing in 2.2 but i am really happy with 2.1 to be honest even if it does not have flash it does the job . i can wait till its offical . the upgrade and downgrade were really easy .

Yeah i feel like downgrading too, the lockscreen freezes all the time, battery runs out quick, and some apps and widgets just dont work, not to mention the notifications are not what im used to (1.6) :/, thanks though

Guest TimoBeil
For those of you with battery issues please can you delete the file /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh and create a new file of the same name (ini.qcom.post_boot.sh) containing the following code:

See if it helps over normal use

Hi,

I have tested this new file now 1 day.

Under heavy load: significantly less consumption;

flightmode overnight (7 hours): only 1% of consumption.

My problem is definitely in data synchronization. The reception is very good. Even if location=off, GPS=off, Wifi=off, Twitter= log out, feeds = update only manually, not a weather widget, not an automatic app-killer, the consumption is while synchonisation=on about 10-15% per hour ( idle!).

Could it be that the entry "... locale.region = GB" should be changed in the build.prop, if you're not in the UK? If you passed this way may have incorrect server? Unfortunately I do not remember which entry was there in stock 1.6 (00 version).

Could this be the cause of the high consumption?

Thanks and regards

Guest pompeyboyz

Stephen or A.N.Other clued up bod.

Last day or so my streak has started rebooting for no reason quite often. I haven't had this issues when I first flashed up to 2.2.

Any idea what might be the cause and how to stop it?

Guest TimoBeil

Last day or so my streak has started rebooting for no reason quite often. I haven't had this issues when I first flashed up to 2.2.

It is often only the battery cover, which fixes the battery is not correct. Furthermore, there are at least already some threads

Guest sirtekalot

If I may say to the chap with the issue with call waiting; please call your service provider and ask them about your call waiting. Just FYI mine works.

Zach

Guest Niner86
Hi,

I have tested this new file now 1 day.

Under heavy load: significantly less consumption;

flightmode overnight (7 hours): only 1% of consumption.

My problem is definitely in data synchronization. The reception is very good. Even if location=off, GPS=off, Wifi=off, Twitter= log out, feeds = update only manually, not a weather widget, not an automatic app-killer, the consumption is while synchonisation=on about 10-15% per hour ( idle!).

Could it be that the entry "... locale.region = GB" should be changed in the build.prop, if you're not in the UK? If you passed this way may have incorrect server? Unfortunately I do not remember which entry was there in stock 1.6 (00 version).

Could this be the cause of the high consumption?

Thanks and regards

Agreed, my battery consumption is much better than before.

From a charge of 84% yesterday at 11am i still have 24%. Would not have even contemplated that before, thats with texting, bout 40 mins of music playing and some browsing via 3g. Cheers Stephen, much better!

Guest darren cox

Battery seems better, however took off charge at 7.30 this morning, enabled flight mode, and listened to music (Spotify - offline playlist) for 1.5 hours, then reenabled data and checked emails for 5 mins and 1 twitter update.

Wifi and GPS off whole time, and screen on dim/off.

Now its 9.50 and I have 84% battery left... Does that seem excessive or about right? I think I'm spoilt by my iPads battery (10hours video viewing/browsing + wifi... :P )

Certainly it's better than before - I'd probably be on 50%!

Don't have my charge cable with me though so can't drop back to 2.1 today :D and I need the phone to last till 10/11PM tonight...think I'm stuck.

Guest Acky1337

Am I the only one getting some major issues with market? every time I run market, streak just freezes, and when I reboot it, market attempts to do something = streak freezes, all I can do is then factory reset through boot. ;( any ideas why?

installed anything new or updated any apps?

Guest extrememonkey

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

First off about the browser and using the about:debug i used this the first time i set up my Streak and so far the settings have just stayed with my choice of Desktop as i do check it every now and then just to be sure although it doesn't always show the about:debug in the address bar the UA String setting does appear in the settings menu.

As for running this Froyo Rom of Steve's well for me so far i have just not experienced any of the issues some of you mention battery life is as it has always been which IMO is excellent and i have a Weather Widget set to update every 4 hours and Push E-Mail running 16 hours a day also my screen brightness is set to full as with any of my devices and i have also had no problems installing any of my apps or widgets which are all running fine and fast and smooth. The only thing i can think of that i may of done differently to some of you is that i did a factory reset before setting up my Streak once i flashed this Rom and have set everything up manually i haven't restored anything as i never do on any device of mine as IMO although it may save some time it also seems to some times be the cause of a range of problems for people. I know we don't have 720p Video recording or WiFi tether but as i don't use either of those anyway for me this Rom has been and is great and has made my Streak the best its been so far.

Marc

Guest popetodd

Go to whatsmyuseragent.com and check that, I made mine Desktop a few times as well but it does not stay that way.

It is only Desktop when I use about:debug, when the browser is in none debug mode it is mobile.

Edited by popetodd

Call waiting working perfectly here..

tested it with me calling voicemail then dialling in from office phone, and office phone calling me then my mate also calling me

make sure its set in settings...

Guest pompeyboyz
installed anything new or updated any apps?

I check and update apps everyday. Only ones from last 48 hours are Amazon mp3, tweetcaster, Movies and winamp.

I check and update apps everyday. Only ones from last 48 hours are Amazon mp3, tweetcaster, Movies and winamp.

Try watching logcat to see if any are behaving badly?

Stephen is there a chance that you add to Froyo missing languages in the main menu,system?

Second this. Would like to have Russian language on streak.

Also can anyone tel me what is the issue with outstanding battery drain on v 1.0 - always waking upwith dead battery....although discharge under normal usage seems better than befofe...

So far v 0.2 was the best one

Guest Stephen Hyde
Second this. Would like to have Russian language on streak.

Also can anyone tel me what is the issue with outstanding battery drain on v 1.0 - always waking upwith dead battery....although discharge under normal usage seems better than befofe...

So far v 0.2 was the best one

how about readign back through the last few changes antd trying the edit i suggested

Guest foxhoundep3

are we going to be able to upgrade to the official 2.2 from dell while having Stephen's installed??

Edited by foxhoundep3

Guest alert_bri
are we going to be able to upgrade to the official 2.2 from dell while having Stephen's installed??

It may be necessary to downgrade first to stock 1.6, but shouldn't be a problem.

To be honest, I'm stealing myself for any change from this version, which is working so well for me (especially now I have Set CPU installed while waiting for a finally sorted battery friendly build from Stephen)...

Cheers

Brian

Guest boboskins

Sorry to hear many people are suffering battery issues - for me Steve's Froyo v1 is proving to be a near perfect solution for me. Battery life is excellent. charged last night to 100%, 8 hours airplane mode, 8 hours music plus a few phone calls and just dropped below 50%.

Agreed that the factory reset and/or restoring apps may be part of the issues for some - my first flash was problematic so I factory restarted and reflashed, second time round things are spot on.

I have setcpu set to save battery and using adjbrightness to drop the brightness most of the time.

Bob

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
Go to whatsmyuseragent.com and check that, I made mine Desktop a few times as well but it does not stay that way.

It is only Desktop when I use about:debug, when the browser is in none debug mode it is mobile.

I think you need to put about:debug in the adress bar then change settings and then put about:debug in address bar again. This should save settings