DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

Oh and btw battery mod is fab. Id normally be charging by now, still at 40% so thats pukka. Well done steve, thanks. Has smoku got kernel working now? We gonna get even faster froyo?

Guest Stephen Hyde
Oh and btw battery mod is fab. Id normally be charging by now, still at 40% so thats pukka. Well done steve, thanks. Has smoku got kernel working now? We gonna get even faster froyo?

kernels dodgy still, looking further into it over this week :P

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
kernels dodgy still, looking further into it over this week :P

Good luck with that. Let me know if i can help, although i am pretty ignorant with tech.

Go stevie go

Guest popetodd
I think you need to put about:debug in the adress bar then change settings and then put about:debug in address bar again. This should save settings

That does work but only for the session, a reboot clears it again.

I have it as a bookmark... it doesn't work if you just select it, but if you select it then put a space then press go it works

That does work but only for the session, a reboot clears it again.

Guest popetodd

Cool, I had tried to make a bookmark and as you say it didn't work.

I found the exact line in the browser code that provides the default string, I'll have to modify up a file to give the desktop UA as default and give it to Steve to compile in.

Guest UMAIR239
Am I the only one getting some major issues with market? every time I run market, streak just freezes, and when I reboot it, market attempts to do something = streak freezes, all I can do is then factory reset through boot. ;( any ideas why?

Oh man, I was having the same problem and the only thing that fixed it was downgrading to 2.1, I am done asking for help on this thread because the last time I did, Someone asked me to "STOP SCREAMING" and then if you would ask that person to mind his own business and not be rude to you then even the so called God Stephen would come up and say that he wouldn't offer his Help because you were rude to someone but he wouldn't Bother going back and checking what the other person said, But Stephen will have enough time to go back in the thread and check your problems and this is how he will refer to you, "and the best bit is he is mentioned in this thread before for having problems with his streak...." what a moron way of laughing at someone's difficulty, and right after that you will have someone's comment who is definitely a Butt Kisser, saying that oh the almighty Steve pawns everyone who comes in the way"

So mate its up to you and only you, just downgrade to 2.1 and wait for the official release because this one has many bugs and trust me No one on this thread would believe you if you will say that you are having trouble, I was asking for help and saying if someone will be kind enough to help but I was bashed by their rude comments. Your choice, you do what you think is right!

Guest simpl3lang
Cool, I had tried to make a bookmark and as you say it didn't work.

I found the exact line in the browser code that provides the default string, I'll have to modify up a file to give the desktop UA as default and give it to Steve to compile in.

hi popetodd. why not install skyfire browser. theres an option in there that sets the UA to android, desktop, or default. i love skyfire.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Oh man, I was having the same problem and the only thing that fixed it was downgrading to 2.1, I am done asking for help on this thread because the last time I did, Someone asked me to "STOP SCREAMING" and then if you would ask that person to mind his own business and not be rude to you then even the so called God Stephen would come up and say that he wouldn't offer his Help because you were rude to someone but he wouldn't Bother going back and checking what the other person said, But Stephen will have enough time to go back in the thread and check your problems and this is how he will refer to you, "and the best bit is he is mentioned in this thread before for having problems with his streak...." what a moron way of laughing at someone's difficulty, and right after that you will have someone's comment who is definitely a Butt Kisser, saying that oh the almighty Steve pawns everyone who comes in the way"

So mate its up to you and only you, just downgrade to 2.1 and wait for the official release because this one has many bugs and trust me No one on this thread would believe you if you will say that you are having trouble, I was asking for help and saying if someone will be kind enough to help but I was bashed by their rude comments. Your choice, you do what you think is right!

oh so now you decide to take digs at the maker of a rom just becasue they wont help when you have a blatent HARDWARE fault. which a few [people have mentioned, not just me, the market has also been having problems this last few days on multiple devices not just streak

Guest popetodd
hi popetodd. why not install skyfire browser. theres an option in there that sets the UA to android, desktop, or default. i love skyfire.

I don't like the idea of a US company caching my browsing patterns.

I am unsure of why SkyFire users are so keen on getting people to switch over, what exactly is wrong with actually fixing the built in browser to work properly for this device?

Edited by popetodd

Guest Dogmann55

Hi popetodd

I have no idea why but for me just using the about:debug once has left mine set as Desktop and even after I have rebooted it still stays as Desktop no idea why this works for me but not for some of you its strange to say the least.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Guest popetodd
Hi popetodd

I have no idea why but for me just using the about:debug once has left mine set as Desktop and even after I have rebooted it still stays as Desktop no idea why this works for me but not for some of you its strange to say the least.

Marc

Definitely strange stuff.

Guest Stephen Hyde

can everyone downloading 1.1 try downloading from the mirror link please and report download speeds - new server so want some load testing done :P

can everyone downloading 1.1 try downloading from the mirror link please and report download speeds - new server so want some load testing done :P

Downloading now, holding steady at around 250k/s.

Just wanted to say I really appreciate what your doing and donating straight after submitting this message.

(downloaded in 4 minutes)

Edited by falum

Finally after all the excitement of seeing newer posts from Stephen... this one actually paid off. :P

Using my work's Network so I was blazing speed... done in less than 1 minute

Guest jannism

Maxed out my connection at 720 kB/sec. Installed without a hitch.

Thanks, again.

Updated from v1 to 1.1 with no problems. dropped on sd card, hit up clockwork mod, selected zip file and 5 mins later loaded up and ready to go.

Sluggish for the first 30 seconds while it sorted it self out

I've played 3 youtube clips and they don't have the green bar at the top. Nice one.

Donated.

Guest dwnhllfreak

Downloading at about 515-600 KB/sec took around 2 min.

By the way, I tried the new battery code and it seemed to have made my battery run worse. I will test it for a couple more days to see if it was an odd use day for me. But I unplugged this morning around 5am and the battery was at 20% around 3pm. I was around 40-50% before. If it continues I will push the old file back.

dwnhllfreak

Guest simpl3lang
I don't like the idea of a US company caching my browsing patterns.

I am unsure of why SkyFire users are so keen on getting people to switch over, what exactly is wrong with actually fixing the built in browser to work properly for this device?

im not asking you to switch over. im telling you of an option to your problem. try it, if you dont like it. uninstall it. this is just one of many options. i have dolphin hd, skyfire, firerfox beta, and the regular browser. the dolphin i use for some flash video streaming websites that skyfire cant seem to handle. and sometimes i use the the regular android browser. but skyfire is my default browser becuz i prefer it. for me it has more options than the stock browser.

Guest simpl3lang
NEW VERSION 1.1 IS UP folks :P check first post for info

oh wow. niiiiiiice. will try this update when i get the chance. and seems the discoloration on the videos is fixed (from comment above). thats sweet.

thank you stephen.....

Edited by simpl3lang

Guest popetodd
im not asking you to switch over. im telling you of an option to your problem. try it, if you dont like it. uninstall it. this is just one of many options. i have dolphin hd, skyfire, firerfox beta, and the regular browser. the dolphin i use for some flash video streaming websites that skyfire cant seem to handle. and sometimes i use the the regular android browser. but skyfire is my default browser becuz i prefer it. for me it has more options than the stock browser.

I've used it, and I've tried Dolphin as well. And Opera.

And the Firefox Beta.

And XScope.

In all cases I prefered the stock browser warts and all.

I also definitely don't like being tracked through proxies so in any case SkyFire is a loser as far as I am concerned.

I am talking about fixing the stock browser, not installing some replacement.

Just as when I am on the threads talking about getting the stock 1.6 keyboard back I could care less about Swipe (I HATE it), Ultra (I use it) or any other replacement.

Thanks for the suggestion but it should be obvious that everyone who has been following these threads for more than 2 months knows what is available by now in the way of replacements and when we are talking about fixing the stock stuff that is what we are on about.

Edited by popetodd

Guest Chaleman
For those of you with battery issues please can you delete the file /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh and create a new file of the same name (ini.qcom.post_boot.sh) containing the following code:

#!/system/bin/sh

# Copyright (c) 2009, Code Aurora Forum. All rights reserved.

#

# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without

# modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

#	 * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright

#	   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

#	 * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright

#	   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the

#	   documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

#	 * Neither the name of Code Aurora nor

#	   the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote

#	   products derived from this software without specific prior written

#	   permission.

#

# THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"

# AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE

# IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND

# NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR

# CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,

# EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,

# PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS;

# OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,

# WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR

# OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF

# ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

#

echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 40 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

echo 20000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate

echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

See if it helps over normal use

Hi Steve. With update 1.1 I see that the file init.qcom.post_boot.sh on the Streak is a little different form the one above. Do we keep the one in the Streak or should we change to the one above to get better battery performance?

By the way, updated to 1.1 from 1.0 and everything is working great! Thanks a lot!!!

Carlos

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all

May be a silly question but I'm guessing this will require setting up all my apps and Widgets again if i install it is that correct? as i don't use any back up and restore programs so if that is the case as i currrently have no issues and am not bothered by anything I'll wait for a more major upgarde unless I'm wrong.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55