DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest DeathOfAllThings
OK UPDATE-NEW.ZIP has been updated with gps fix :) this may also fix camera and packagecheck force close.

links are same as first post.

anyone with camera issues get me logcat

Just reflashed with this version, does not fix the camera force close problem. Everything else seems to be working well. Awesome job so far.

Guest spacecat46
ok you dont have clockwork - download koushs recovery linked in the 2.1 sticky here and flash it

without sounding really thick :) i have downloaded it , how do i flash it ...baby steps please

Guest stuliv12
steve will your build.prp work for this 2.2 or do you need to make anotherone i really miss that nice high resoulotion screen at 120 please let me know if it is compatable.

+1

Guest navrac

Its all been moving so fast over the last couple of days, I've lost track of where we are.

Can some kind person put a post up with what the current state is and how to/what currently needs to be flashed.

My take is that it all works apart from some people having problems with cameras and we don't need to flash the baseband - but I'm no longer sure which zip has what!

Or I suppose I could show some restraint, guzzle down this bottle of wine, stay pissed for a couple of days and then just install a shiny pkg file. Mind you at this rate we'll be on 2.3 by monday......

Richard

Guest marra2
without sounding really thick :) i have downloaded it , how do i flash it ...baby steps please

I added a pdf how to a couple pages back, read that mate its good !

Guest phjnky
Just reflashed with this version, does not fix the camera force close problem. Everything else seems to be working well. Awesome job so far.

Yeah same here. No problems now with the GPS or the market pop up message but the camera force closes. I'll check on the logs. Might take a few since I'm noob at this. read read read.

Guest vinokirk
without sounding really thick ;) i have downloaded it , how do i flash it ...baby steps please

ok sonny... are you on 1.6 or 2.1...below are steps if your on 2.1

1- install the dell pc suite, search google and install

2- download the latest koushs recovery http://www.mediafire.com/?ywfaoj2aiywe1ah and extract it

3- turn phone off and retart holding camera and the power button till you see a whitscreen with a keypad on

4- press 'fastboot' on the phone.

5- after 10 seconds connect usb cable

6- go to directory where you extracted koushs recovery rom and double click install-recover-windows.bat. recovery rom is now installed

7- tuen off fone and restart with both volume keys held down as well as the power button till th recovery rom loads.

8- make sure you have the update.zip on sd card and follow on screen instriuctons to install

me sleepy :)

Edited by Paul

Guest Stephen Hyde
Its all been moving so fast over the last couple of days, I've lost track of where we are.

Can some kind person put a post up with what the current state is and how to/what currently needs to be flashed.

My take is that it all works apart from some people having problems with cameras and we don't need to flash the baseband - but I'm no longer sure which zip has what!

Or I suppose I could show some restraint, guzzle down this bottle of wine, stay pissed for a couple of days and then just install a shiny pkg file. Mind you at this rate we'll be on 2.3 by monday......

Richard

everything works except camera it seems now and its all packaged as a nice update.zip :)

build prop edits are already intergrated ;) not as noticeable though due to froyos JIT being so god damn awesome

Guest stuliv12

i didnt see LCD density in the current file?

the changes needed to fix the camera, could that be release as an increment update as well? if not ill stop working on setting this up.

thanks for everything!

Edited by stuliv12

Guest jnovello
everything works except camera it seems now and its all packaged as a nice update.zip :)

build prop edits are already intergrated ;) not as noticeable though due to froyos JIT being so god damn awesome

Can you post the edited build prop please. I have flashed the original beta with base band changed. Everything is working fine for me with the only exception being the market.

Guest jutley
i didnt see LCD density ?

yea same here i want that 120 setting steve the high resoulotion one makes my desktop add loads of icons is it possible to do this or not.?

Guest jutley
Can you post the edited build prop please. I have flashed the original beta with base band changed. Everything is working fine for me with the only exception being the market.

your camera is working then?

Guest stuliv12
i dont have market sorted either yet- just add the lcd density line

sorry guys, i dont have a copy of the custom build prop, can you copy the line for me ? or lines so that i can see exactly where it needs to be placed?

Guest Chaleman

Hi. I'm feeling lucky as cross the river and try to make it work. I'm on a 1.6 USA ATT Streak. What would be the procedure to go to 2.2? Sorry, I've read everything, but so much info, it's confusing... Besides, I'm so-so when it comes to doing things like these.... Thanks!

Stephen, you're the best!

Carlitos

Edited by Paul

Guest jutley

adding the line

lcd_density=120

does not work steve i edited build.prop file with root exlporer in system/build.prop added the line in the appropriate plave save and exit and reset still the same any ideas.

update when i added the line now i am stuck on dell logo wont boot need to reflash 2.2

Edited by jutley