DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest spacecat46

WOOT running 2.2 BABY looks really good and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo smooooooth

Thanks to all of you guys who helped me install it

I LOVE you .... Not in a GAY way but in a strong MANLY way ............................Like Gladiators..................oh dear

seriously cheers

donation coming soon to the STEVESTER

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks heres a nice build prop for you, adds all my previous edits and sets lcd density to 140 (a nice in between value i think)

other edits:

dalvik heapsize set to 64mb

debug.sf.hw=1 again

wifi scan interval set to 120secs

rename to build.prop and drop in /system

build.txt

Guest stuliv12
ok folks heres a nice build prop for you, adds all my previous edits and sets lcd density to 140 (a nice in between value i think)

other edits:

debug.sf.hw=1 again

Thank you!!!

Guest jutley

other edits:

debug.sf.hw=1 again

done and works great thanks

Guest sukicat

Was just going to install 2.2 after the GPS fix but it seems now there is a fix for the Camera

Should I wait for a Final Zip release if that's on it's way ..Has I would only like to do the update once !!

Guest jutley

other edits:

debug.sf.hw=1 again

Steve did you fix the camera cause i just flashed again and all is fine now so if you did not fix it it seems flashing twice fixes the camera all working here now but if you did fix camera well done please someone else try flash again to fix camera problem and report back thanks.

Guest matty.cptk

the lcd density is nice. but i think it kind of kills the pulldown menu ( where the old dell menu was ).

if there was a way around that it would be nice :), Also for the camera i had the issue of it forceclosing until i did a couple of reboots.

Guest irenic
theirs no fix for cam yet, users who have flashed baseband have working cam thats all

currently i'm usin MCR 2.1.. can i just flash using update-new.zip and then upgrade the baseband so i can have working camera?

Guest stuliv12
Steve did you fix the camera cause i just flashed again and all is fine now so if you did not fix it it seems flashing twice fixes the camera all working here now but if you did fix camera well done please someone else try flash again to fix camera problem and report back thanks.

i have only flashed once and its working.

Guest tonymenocal

wow this is amazing!!! simply amazing! I cant wait to see all the potential squeezed out of this device! You arent being praised enough!!!!!

Guest DeathOfAllThings

So I switched my build.prop with the one provided... only I switched the location to US instead of GB and changed the carrier to ATT instead of O2... not sure if that actually does anything at all. :) Then I cleared the dalvik cache, rebooted, when it came back on, market was fixed and the camera was magically working.

Edited by DeathOfAllThings

Guest jnovello

The build prop edit has enabled me to get my other apps back off the market. At the moment I have a 100% bug free Streak. Thanks you once again Steve.

Guest johnnobts
The build prop edit has enabled me to get my other apps back off the market. At the moment I have a 100% bug free Streak. Thanks you once again Steve.

100 percent bug free? you have data and wifi working simultaneously without any problems?

Guest jnovello
100 percent bug free? you have data and wifi working simultaneously without any problems?

Everything! Don't be a jinx. :)

Edited by jnovello

Guest sukicat

Hi all ...just pluck up enough courage to do the Flash to 2.2 but the Fastboot can not find Dell suite (ok when just connect to pc direct) and it just sits waiting to connect to the usb

i am running Win 7 (32bit) is that the problem ?

Is there a Fastboot that can be installed on the Steak (App) or can I do something in Win 7 ..Thanks

Guest jnovello
Hi all ...just pluck up enough courage to do the Flash to 2.2 but the Fastboot can not find Dell suite (ok when just connect to pc direct) and it just sits waiting to connect to the usb

i am running Win 7 (32bit) is that the problem ?

Is there a Fastboot that can be installed on the Steak (App) or can I do something in Win 7 ..Thanks

You need to update the driver.

Go to device mgr

right click Android 1.0

Update driver

select browse my comp.

let me pick

show all devices and scroll to Google.inc

Select Android BootLoader Interface

Can anyone go to CNN.com and see if Flash is working? And did the Swype thing get worked out?

Edited by jnovello

Guest matty.cptk
You need to update the driver.

Go to device mgr

right click Android 1.0

Update driver

select browse my comp.

let me pick

show all devices and scroll to Google.inc

Select Android BootLoader Interface

Can anyone go to CNN.com and see if Flash is working? And did the Swype thing get worked out?

Flash works on the cnn website. Although the videos do seem a little choppy. Swype is still b0rked

Guest jnovello
Flash works on the cnn website. Although the videos do seem a little choppy. Swype is still b0rked

Hmm, I know on other sites it works fine, but when I go to the entertainment section it says I don't have flash, but just that section.