DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest wormdrummer

If I have already installed Froyo with the original method, is it possible to simply update the new boot.img file from the new image for better battery life? Will that work?

Edited by wormdrummer

Guest Reddy232
ok new update zip is up :) check first post for info its been heavily edited

Great work steve.

Thanks a lot.

Do I still need to replace the build.prop file after I install the latest update.zip?

Guest miker71

0.2 flashed here ok, Universal Androot okay on second attempt as per original release.

bedtime for me now, will do my app restore/sideloading laters

i'm just thrilled to have a stable evolving build of froyo, thanks to everyone here (and especially stephen of course)

Guest miker71
I find the LCD density set at 180 is about perfect, esp if you have slightly dodgy eyesight but not yet Mr Magoo

agreed! as someone who is 40 next year (how did i get this old?!) i've just tried 180 and it makes for very comfortable reading. i can still see 160 and 140 fine, but for reading reams of RSS feeds i think 180 will do just fine - though, i'm not sure if it's an officially supported res? i know 240 and 160 are supported

Guest Reddy232

Unable to download :)

I just get a blank page. Anyone else having this problem?

agreed! as someone who is 40 next year (how did i get this old?!) i've just tried 180 and it makes for very comfortable reading. i can still see 160 and 140 fine, but for reading reams of RSS feeds i think 180 will do just fine - though, i'm not sure if it's an officially supported res? i know 240 and 160 are supported

I agree 180 is great - and trust me if you think your eyesight is getting bad at 40... just wait - its a rapid downhill slope from here....

OK - todays power test on the original 2.2 beta gave

Charged to 100% left on overnight with juice defender active, wifi off.

10 hours 98%. (on but didn't use it)

11 hours 95% - light use wifi enabled, checked email etc

12 hours 87% - medium use with wifi

20 hours 50% - including 30mins playing flash videos over wifi and downloading a few bits

23 hours 36% - wifi on for the last 3 hours but only light use and a few calls

Will now repeat the same tomorrow on beta 1 to see if there is a difference. I suspect there won't be a lot of difference as it was light use and juice defender was cutting in a lot of the time as I was busy so didn't get time to play.

2.2 beta 1

10 hours 84% probably not quite as charged as yesterday and used it for 10 mins to check a few things....

Edited by navrac

Guest digthemlows

Can we flash from current 2.2 to version 2 without having to go back to 2.1 first?? I'm assuming drop new update.pkg on phone and go into clockwork recovery right?? ......

Guest sukicat
Can we flash from current 2.2 to version 2 without having to go back to 2.1 first?? I'm assuming drop new update.pkg on phone and go into clockwork recovery right?? ......

Just done the update over the old 2.2 went OK

Got build Beta 1 which i presume is the new one

Edited by sukicat

Just done the update over the old 2.2 went OK

Got build Beta 1 which i presume is the new one

That's what I did - no difference seen so far except I needed to reset the build.prop lcd setting, but I wasn't having any problems anyway so no suprise!

Linpack went up by 1 though...

Guest sukicat
That's what I did - no difference seen so far except I needed to reset the build.prop lcd setting, but I wasn't having any problems anyway so no suprise!

Linpack went up by 1 though...

Then only problem is the APN needs doing again !!!!!

Then only problem is the APN needs doing again !!!!!

Don't I know it! I think I'm going to have to see where these are stored and make a backup next time.

Guest yosemite-sam

ok my odd problem is with me still so need help in whats my best fix. when i run universal androot it just crashes and i dont know anyother way to root this at 2.2. i can send boot anims over and update my build prop file so i thought it had been rooted even tho androot had crashed. i assumed i wouldnt have been able to update build.prop without root (:s)

Guest UMAIR239
ok my odd problem is with me still so need help in whats my best fix. when i run universal androot it just crashes and i dont know anyother way to root this at 2.2. i can send boot anims over and update my build prop file so i thought it had been rooted even tho androot had crashed. i assumed i wouldnt have been able to update build.prop without root (:s)

Hi Everyone, My Dell Streak is Stuck at Dell Logo after the Froyo Update Installed Successfully :)

Anyone else having similar Issue :)

Help Please :'(

Guest HoTdiGiTi

If u have updated the first froyo update with the update-new.zip you should be able to update over 2.2 but if you have the baseband update (the very first froyo) you will have to go back to 2.1 first as you wont have a phone signal or data after you flash the file.

Guest UMAIR239
If u have updated the first froyo update with the update-new.zip you should be able to update over 2.2 but if you have the baseband update (the very first froyo) you will have to go back to 2.1 first as you wont have a phone signal or data after you flash the file.

How long does it take for the Streak to start after the Froyo Installation. Mine has been stuck on Dell Logo for almost 15 minutes now :'(

Any Help Please!!!!

SOmebody Please Help me :)

if i already on froyo (the 1st update-new.zip) do i need to wipe the phone? and will the update delete all apps and data?

Edited by irenic

Guest jnovello

1.6 Clockwork>Stock 1.6>O2 2.1>Baseband & Hyde 2.2>O2 2.1 Clockwork>R.2 Hyde 2.2 So far so good. I don't know how I feel about not seeing the status bar and sliding the menu make me feel like Iphone again. All in all looks good so far. I'll be happy if my battery isn't drained 3x a day.

if i already on froyo (the 1st update-new.zip) do i need to wipe the phone? and will the update delete all apps and data?

It wipes the apps and settings. You'll need to restore everything. Titanium helps. Everything is running great here on the new load. GPS is super fast to lock now. Battery seems to be dropping slow and will know for sure in the AM.

Guest UMAIR239
It wipes the apps and settings. You'll need to restore everything. Titanium helps. Everything is running great here on the new load. GPS is super fast to lock now. Battery seems to be dropping slow and will know for sure in the AM.

I guess NO one wants to help me, and No one seems to have this issue, I am stuck on Dell Logo after the Froyo was installed successfully using clockwork recovery.......How Unlucky do I have to be that among hundreds of users I am the only one with this serious Issue, Shame :'(

Guest gingernator
I guess NO one wants to help me, and No one seems to have this issue, I am stuck on Dell Logo after the Froyo was installed successfully using clockwork recovery.......How Unlucky do I have to be that among hundreds of users I am the only one with this serious Issue, Shame :'(

Have you wiped and flashed again?