DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest amacrobie

For info, in case no-one has tried this, v1.1.1 works with bluetooth keyboards.

If (as in my case) you have an apple bluetooth keyboard, the trick to pairing it is to search for the keyboard, enter a pin of choice (eg, 0000) then immediately after hitting connect, key in "0000" on the keyboard and press return.

Now I have no reason to take a laptop anywhere for note taking or blogging !

Steve, you have PM on way. :)

Guest Johnston411
For info, in case no-one has tried this, v1.1.1 works with bluetooth keyboards.

If (as in my case) you have an apple bluetooth keyboard, the trick to pairing it is to search for the keyboard, enter a pin of choice (eg, 0000) then immediately after hitting connect, key in "0000" on the keyboard and press return.

Now I have no reason to take a laptop anywhere for note taking or blogging !

Steve, you have PM on way. :)

Got mine hooked up to a logitech dinovo mini. Looks pretty sweet but not a great deal of benefit over using the on screen for me.

post-358396-1288368962_thumb.jpg

post-358396-1288368990_thumb.png

Edited by Johnston411

Guest Amdathlonuk

Well I've been running this ROM for 4 days now and whilst it's very stable, it's absolutely KILLING my battery.

I'm losing around 15-20% per hour.

On V3 I was losing 1% per hour so it's back 1 step I go!

I've tried the battery fix but it hasn't helped.

Guest mancterrier

Very strange. This is by far the best build ive seen so far for battery life. Ive had mine on for 5 hours today and im STILL fully charged. Ok I've barely used it but even so!

Very strange. This is by far the best build ive seen so far for battery life. Ive had mine on for 5 hours today and im STILL fully charged. Ok I've barely used it but even so!

V1 was best for me... unplugged before I went to bed and woke up to 98%.

Haven't done that test yet on V1.1.1 but will probably try it tonight to compare. So far, daily is pretty good.

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks need an opinion. who would want to use a build (most likely test build ) of froyo which has working wifi hotspot support BUT has the flashing leds problem ?

Guest tonymenocal

Steve, I came from 1.6 flashing led's and I must say, it really drove me close to suicide. even though they turn on and off randomly and its not all the time, I am too OCD rofl.. But honestly, the tower in my area must have taken a $hit, b/c I use my phone for internet tethered since day one, and the last week or so I am averaging 16k dl speeds via mobile speed test in my room =-( God I hope there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Normally i was doing 300kb and higher!!! But ya I couldnt see myself using mobile hotspot with my performance issues.. Its soo strange, it even happens at the mall with full bars ?

If you want I will load it anyways though bro, your word is gold!! =-)

ps anyone know a way maybe I make 3g antenna?

Edited by tonymenocal

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
ok folks need an opinion. who would want to use a build (most likely test build ) of froyo which has working wifi hotspot support BUT has the flashing leds problem ?

i'll test, but only if i can flash from my recovery.

Guest johnnobts

hmm, barnacle no longer works with 1.1.1 (probably not with 1.1 either), but found another working wifi tether app thanks to some help on the forums.

Guest vinokirk

My personal opinion:

-I do not use wi-fi at all so have no need for wi-fi or wi-fi tethering.

-I have also had flashing LEDs before and its VERY annoying! Its actually strange how annoying it actually is. You think oh just some flashing LEDs. To me its like being in traffic in your car and getting beeped at 3 timese every minute from the car behind you lol

Guest andycap
hmm, barnacle no longer works with 1.1.1 (probably not with 1.1 either), but found another working wifi tether app thanks to some help on the forums.

Barnacle still working on mine, although i have not been able to use wep/wpa since 2.2 I just use mac address filtering instead.

"Huge APNs list from cyanogenmod added (full wipe will be required for this to work i suspect)"

How do you do a full wipe? I am on 1.1 finally working and only have 2 pay and go o2 in my list.

Guest craigdabbs
"Huge APNs list from cyanogenmod added (full wipe will be required for this to work i suspect)"

How do you do a full wipe? I am on 1.1 finally working and only have 2 pay and go o2 in my list.

do a factory reset, hold down +- volume buttons while turning on.

Guest the_didge

im also having poor battery performance.

I was on beta 0.1 then went up to 1.1 and now 1.1.1 with nothing in between. drain now is very similar to when i was on beta 0.1 maybe even slightly better. Its nowhere near what i was getting on 1.6 or even 2.1.

anything else i can try. whats the best battery graph monitor.

also using tempcpuV2 the processor seems to sit a 998mhz far too often. in not sure how often the widget updates but it seems to hardly even stay at 245mhz.

Edited by the_didge

do a factory reset, hold down +- volume buttons while turning on.

Done that and it doesn't help.

Also i upgraded to 1.1.1 but version still says 1.1 is that right?

Hi I had to do a Factory reset when I put V1.1 on and I have only the 2 APN's

Same for me, the two o2 ones, oh well i will just enter it in manually again :\

Guest mzsigler

This may be super obvious or not relevant, but wireless tether for root users' faq page notes that your kernel must have "CONFIG_NETFILTER and CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES" enabled in order for WTFRU to work. I've never built a kernel, so I'm not sure if that helps at all, but I thought it would throw it out there anyway.

Guest quillmaster

As long as usb tether works I'm a happy camper. I dont need any flashing lites

Guest cowballz

Whats up with multi touch, do we need to wait for official 2.2 for it to be implamented?? Pretty much need it for emulators, cant run and jump at the same time

Guest luckyauto
im also having poor battery performance.

I was on beta 0.1 then went up to 1.1 and now 1.1.1 with nothing in between. drain now is very similar to when i was on beta 0.1 maybe even slightly better. Its nowhere near what i was getting on 1.6 or even 2.1.

anything else i can try. whats the best battery graph monitor.

also using tempcpuV2 the processor seems to sit a 998mhz far too often. in not sure how often the widget updates but it seems to hardly even stay at 245mhz.

me too , the battery is not last long , i need to carry a extra battery.....

--i only did not install any apps , to ensure other apps did not eat up my battery

now i am lost also , current in 1.1.1 , thinking to find a version , which did last a bit longer batt life

djsteve, may be u can do a update for us for better batt life ,

or tell us how to last longer of use

and willing to rather slow cpu or other.

but have to ensure the auto rotation will not lag ... and sometime not function

if there is a limitation on the batt and hardware , so we have to believe djsteve has been done best.