[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Guest fear_factory84
I forgot to tell that it only occurs when I use the proximity sensor, aka, I'm calling/receiving a call, sorry for the incomplete information. So if I use the phone without any phone calls battery is good, but since I need to make them :) I've decided to disable it to decrease my battery usage (I press "On/off" button to disable the screen during calls).

This is reasonable as I have it enabled, I've done a few calls, and the android system usage is high. Next battery cicle I try to disable it.

Now I'm at 23 h circa with 29%:

android system 55%

phone standby 18%

phone idle 16%

bluetooth 7%

display 3%

maps 2%

I''ve also tried gps position with google, and it works for me. Wireless is always disabled.

Guest MisfitGeek
I forgot to tell that it only occurs when I use the proximity sensor, aka, I'm calling/receiving a call, sorry for the incomplete information. So if I use the phone without any phone calls battery is good, but since I need to make them :) I've decided to disable it to decrease my battery usage (I press "On/off" button to disable the screen during calls).

The on/off button on the left side of Liquid?

Yesterday I only have 7min in phone calls, can't explain all imho (12h since unplug gives only 13% of battery at end of the day). When I use the phone on internet, mails or so, I could see that battery is drained about 1% each 2 or 3 minutes.

Is there a reliable tool on android for battery monitoring? On nokia there's a very good one (Energy profiler), but on android, I can't find kind of software with good feedback on the market.

I did some tests on a N97 (1200mah battery) : light at max with no sleep, gmaps with navigation active (GPS+3g because recalc) + mp3 playing : dead after about 4 hours. "Standard" usage gives 2 days, light usage (quiet week-end), gives about 3. And I don't compare with my former E52 (battery life = twice).

I'm not here to promote Nokia. But for me it seems that since Froyo, battery life is divided by 2 (I tested last leak few days). If there's something wrong it's in Froyo, not on LCR (that's more frightening to me).

It would be really cool to import the enable/disable data connection system of cyanogenmod into LCR.

This way we could have a stable way of disabling 3g with a widget or, even better, automatically by using a compatible profile switchers like "settings profile".

Do you think it's possible? Malez, Vache?

Thanks! :-)

Guest fear_factory84
Is there a reliable tool on android for battery monitoring? On nokia there's a very good one (Energy profiler), but on android, I can't find kind of software with good feedback on the market.

I've found some widgets but they worked only on htc phones. If there is some source of energy consumption value (mah) also on command line shell it would be a good starting point.

It would be really cool to import the enable/disable data connection system of cyanogenmod into LCR.

This way we could have a stable way of disabling 3g with a widget or, even better, automatically by using a compatible profile switchers like "settings profile".

I use the apn on/off widget, search it on the market, it's free..

I use the apn on/off widget, search it on the market, it's free..

I tried some, but they are unstable, most of them rely on changes to the apn which can easily cause problems.

Cyanogenmod does it natively and is supported directly by some programs.

It should be on standard android as well but, you know, the telcos probably didn't want that to happen.

Guest fear_factory84
I tried some, but they are unstable, most of them rely on changes to the apn which can easily cause problems.

It should be on standard android as well but, you know, the telcos probably didn't want that to happen.

I use it since I had the phone and it's 100% stable for me. Yes it changes the apn.

I don't know if there is a shortcut to trigger the setting "Dati attivati" (in italian, I don't know how it's called in english), in the settings wireless & networks, mobile networks menu.

Maybe using anycut?

Guest KeruDoitsu
For me, the battery problem arise from the proximity sensor, when I disable it the battery is ok, with android system at 5-10%. When I enable it, Android system increases to 70-90% depending on how many hours the phone as been unplugged. I didn't test with different baseband, for now I'm on 05.01.05, with a A1 256mb.

Same for me! I've noticed it when I turned on the prox sensor.

Baserom = 4.002.02

I have always used APNDroid with no problems at all (that I can relate to it, of course). I am most of the time (99%) off 3g (without network or using wifi only), and never had a crash when turning it on.

I have always used APNDroid with no problems at all (that I can relate to it, of course). I am most of the time (99%) off 3g (without network or using wifi only), and never had a crash when turning it on.

thanks for the report, I'll try it again.

thanks to fear_factory84 too.

Guest fear_factory84
thanks for the report, I'll try it again.

thanks to fear_factory84 too.

I have found a more technical explanation of the mobile data switch issue on http://code.google.com/p/quick-settings/wiki/MobileData

What should I check if Mobile Data switch is disabled?

You need to enable Mobile Data in system settings. This is needed because Quick Settings cannot change this setting as it is secure one.

You need to make sure that APN is configured and Mobile Data (APN) switch (or any other APN app running on your device) enables mobile data.

What else should I know?

This switch requests an additional permission "android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE"

On some phones connection can be re-established after a phone call or phone restart. For more reliable behavior use either a built-in mobile data switch or a APN based solution.

As this switch uses undocumented Android functions it can stop working after any new Android system update. Use Mobile Data (APN) if this happened.

so programs cannot change that value in an easy way, so they change the apn.

Guest MisfitGeek

Juicedefender does it.

I have finished setting all strings in LcrSettings as variables, so now the entire application will be translated.

If you want to help, don't hesitate

Edited by malez

Guest andrew2511
I have finished setting all strings in LcrSettings as variables, so now the entire application will be translated.

great :) how to help you with translations?

Guest EvilSeph

First time I installed LCR-F 1.0 I flashed this first

Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD and had issues with very fast battery drain.

Now I've flashed 4.002.02_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.04 and then LCR-F 1.0 and battery life has definitely improved significantly.

I think it would be interesting to see who flashed 4.504b and has battery issues and who flashed any other radio and doesn't.

I can help for translating from english to chinese (traditional and simplified)

email me: kenelm.ng(at)gmail.com

Edited by kenelm

Guest xaueious

I'm on 4.002.02 on the Rogers Acer Liquid E running stable for 2 days. Standby battery life is better than our custom kernels as expected for stable ROMs.

Didn't test bluetooth, but GPS works out of the box along with 3G/H.

The only thing I don't like about this ROM is that the audio gain is so high that I hear the speakers hissing. I'm not sure which files you guys modify to get this to work.

Oh and the only change I made was made the Camera button a Media_NEXT keyevent so I can use the phone in my car and skip songs :)

JuiceDefender is working properly too

I always disable light sensor for brightness anyways

Edited by xaueious

Guest MisfitGeek

Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD and had issues with very fast battery drain.

Now I've flashed 4.002.02_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.04 and then LCR-F 1.0 and battery life has definitely improved significantly.

I think it would be interesting to see who flashed 4.504b and has battery issues and who flashed any other radio and doesn't.

I jumped from official 2. 1 to this 504 moded for 256mo liquid. But I red that 504 non moded also complaint about battery life.

By the way, I updated LCRsettings but still FC on tweak menu.

if you need italian translation, just tell me.

I can help with Spanish and Catalan (:-)). PM me if you need any of those.

Guest PhilNelwyn
...oh and no problem with the "tweaks" settings either.

The problem for those who don't manage to access tweak settings seems to be low memory.

Yes, when I flashed LCR-F, I noticed that the /system was only left with about 10 Mo free.

I uninstalled some apps stored there, like LauncherPro, Google Maps, etc... and reinstalled them on /data.

Now the /system has about 30 Mo of free space, and "tweaks" settings (no update) works normallly (but I didn't test it before moving apps).

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest fear_factory84

have you read my posts? :)

Oh and the only change I made was made the Camera button a Media_NEXT keyevent so I can use the phone in my car and skip songs :)

JuiceDefender is working properly too

I always disable light sensor for brightness anyways

I have made the same as you on camera button but have kept camera app launch on full button press. really usefull. I will integrate this as an option in next patch