[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Guest Death_Knight

Hi all!

I'm willing to try LCR 1.0 but I have some questions:

- I'm currently using LS 2.1 (On official eclair), which leak do you suggest to flash on it using acer download tools (3.1, right?) ??-

- Do i have to do something after the leak is flashed? Or just install malez recovery and then LCR through it?

Thanks

Marco

After testing this ROM I have to say it´s very very nice!

Oddly it heats more than any leak I had and I also confirm less battery than I used to have... I don´t understand the reason if no changes were applied to the CPU, voltage or other things...

- can it be something related to added processes that keep the CPU busy?

- were any values changed to the SoC sleep times, SD card access or something like that? (if you keep R/W from the SD it will not enter in energy saving and drain battery pretty fast!)

Guest erto90
After testing this ROM I have to say it´s very very nice!

Oddly it heats more than any leak I had and I also confirm less battery than I used to have... I don´t understand the reason if no changes were applied to the CPU, voltage or other things...

- can it be something related to added processes that keep the CPU busy?

- were any values changed to the SoC sleep times, SD card access or something like that? (if you keep R/W from the SD it will not enter in energy saving and drain battery pretty fast!)

how I can enable feedback on touch button?

Guest dr01dfan

I love this rom! Everything is extremely quick and smooth. Battery does drain a little more but not by much, and only when you're using the phone. I went to bed with 91%, and woke up with 87% so idle drain is very good. Excellent rom! Keep up the good work!

Edited by dr01dfan

Guest rithchen
RadioTime/TuneInRadio partially working... ;)

Did you wipe out any audio codec? I miss a lot this app.

P.S.S this "bug" was present also in LSR 0.8.2.2

I have the same problem, could lcr team fix this for us!

because the fm function is not working on liquid :(

Thanks for your help :)

Guest hossiam

Received tis email after launching market on acer liquid e with new rom

Hello!

Your new Nexus One phone has many cool and useful features. Learn more by clicking on the links to watch brief YouTube videos directly on your phone:

Customize your home screen with widgets and live wallpapers. Learn more

Read, search, archive, label and write emails on the go. Learn more

Watch videos or upload your own videos directly to YouTube. Learn more

Get turn by turn directions with satellite and street views of your route. Learn more

You can find all these videos and more on the Nexus One playlist at youtube.com/googlenexusone.

Enjoy!

The Android Team at Google

Google, Inc.

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway

Mountain View, CA 94043

Why? Anyone Else...or did i just buy a phone for someone unknowingly?

Guest KeruDoitsu
But you must know that acer UI will really slow down the rom if you want it.

Yes, I know but I'd like to have the possibility of ui switching everytime xD And I like Acer UI, even if it's a bit sluggish ._.

Thanks, I'll wait for a patch :)

Guest zombolo
I have the same problem, could lcr team fix this for us!

because the fm function is not working on liquid ;)

Thanks for your help :)

I don't speak english very well, for me it's difficult to post this bug on bugtracker page. :/

Guest ondris

I have been using it for some hours now and what I noticed is that LauncherPro is not as smooth as on LCR 1.8.2.

There's also a bug with the data icon in the notification bar. Even if data is off the icon is still here.

These are not big problems so thanks to LCR Team! :)

Guest BlackMagician
There's also a bug with the data icon in the notification bar. Even if data is off the icon is still here.

That's not a bug, as such. It's been the same with every Froyo leak up to now.

But you must know that acer UI will really slow down the rom if you want it.

Tbh, AcerUI+LauncherPro doesn't lag that much at all ;)

And that was on the first Froyo leak, so it should be even better now, right? :(

But even if it lag a bit, it's worth it.

------

So, how's the battterylife in this rom? :) (i'm too lazy to read the last page^^)

Guest Quipeace

Hello all,

I believe Malez developed LCR-settings, so I suppose this message is for you :).

I've been using LCR-F for a couple of hours now, and it looks like you're doing some time consuming things in the main thread. Because of that it often looks like the application is hanging. Threading really is a piece of cake, but it can make a difference. While waiting for a thread to finish you can simply show a progress dialog. Another improvement would be to put each screen in it's own activity, so that the transition between them hides the loading time.

By the way, it looks like custom sensitivity values aren't applied on boot, or is it just me.

Overall I'm quite happy with LCR, especially compared to 1.8. working hardware does kind of make up for the lack of Cyanogenmod features ;).

EDIT: It looks like animations are off, just have to figure out where I can turn them back on...

EDIT: Downloaded Spareparts from the market, worked like a charm

Edited by Quipeace

Guest Uberadri
Overall I'm quite happy with LCR, especially compared to 1.8. working hardware does kind of make up for the lack of Cyanogenmod features :).

+1! ;)

Thanks!

Just two questions:

Is it possible to have light text on dark background in message app?

Why does the G/E/H show in the notification bar when data is disconnected, is this possible to disable?

Edited by Uberadri

Guest D.Rosendahl

Ok, I have been gone from the community a few month since I got a SGS but I thought I could update my liquid (mostly for testing some adobe air things on another phone).

However, I directly run into some trouble when booting my Liquid A1 with this rom. Am I the only one that have trouble to distinguish whether a rom should work on Liquid A, Liquid E or both. "Based on" is not the same as "aimed at" or "working on" in my world... Rom developers, please include "working on devices:" so people easy can know. I'm also having trouble with the "Liquid/E" mark that I have seen. Does that mean "original Liquid A + Liquid E"?

Other than that I'm impressed with the work people are doing. Great job!

Guest Dinmamma
Ok, I have been gone from the community a few month since I got a SGS but I thought I could update my liquid (mostly for testing some adobe air things on another phone).

However, I directly run into some trouble when booting my Liquid A1 with this rom. Am I the only one that have trouble to distinguish whether a rom should work on Liquid A, Liquid E or both. "Based on" is not the same as "aimed at" or "working on" in my world... Rom developers, please include "working on devices:" so people easy can know. I'm also having trouble with the "Liquid/E" mark that I have seen. Does that mean "original Liquid A + Liquid E"?

I think malez and the other members of the LCR team have the A1, so it's going to be tested etc on that. However, since the only difference between the A1 and the E is the extra ram, almost every rom out there works on both.

The rom must work on A1 and Liquid E.

As Dinmamma said, vache and me are on A1.

You just have to flash the correct latest froyo bin file for your phone (the original one for liquid E, or the modified one for A1)

Hello all,

I believe Malez developed LCR-settings, so I suppose this message is for you :).

I've been using LCR-F for a couple of hours now, and it looks like you're doing some time consuming things in the main thread. Because of that it often looks like the application is hanging. Threading really is a piece of cake, but it can make a difference. While waiting for a thread to finish you can simply show a progress dialog. Another improvement would be to put each screen in it's own activity, so that the transition between them hides the loading time.

By the way, it looks like custom sensitivity values aren't applied on boot, or is it just me.

Overall I'm quite happy with LCR, especially compared to 1.8. working hardware does kind of make up for the lack of Cyanogenmod features ;).

EDIT: It looks like animations are off, just have to figure out where I can turn them back on...

EDIT: Downloaded Spareparts from the market, worked like a charm

Infos are refreshed when you access a section. There is a notification to annouce that data are being refreshed. Of course my first try was to use thread but as i have some graphical objects to update it produced some issues. So i don't use thread anymore for graphical object updating. No need of a progress bar : notification is diplayed at start of refresh and disapear by itslef when it is finished.

Putting each screnn in it own activity will generate more load because of the activity launch

Edited by malez

Guest akira.pwr

I heard a lot of people reported a high battery drain, I give my feedback: disconnected the phone from charger at 15.00 of yesterday, done many connection on internet for read this and other forums, sent some sms, awaked from standby a lot, I'm always on 3g without gps with screen brightness about 80%.

Now after 16.46 hours i have 33% of battery.

For me it's enough.

From yesterday i got 2 reboot (1 right now), both during trying to connect to this site, with data, not with wifi.