[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

From the LCR settings app "Tweaks -> Stock App2SD" option seems to have fairly serious FUBAR potential if you're using APP2SD on EXT2 partition as well. I'm not sure if I set "external" from tweaks 1st and applied "apps to SD" from recovery 2nd or the other way around. In any case this lead into phone getting messed up every reboot etc badness.

Symptoms include applications installed disappearing, launcherpro settings resetting, default apps resetting, etc etc.

That's exactly my problem, are there any suggestions?

I went through the installation several times but its always the same...

Hey there,

I can't connect to my samba shares with CIFSmanager. It says "No such device"... According to the developer, this means that cifs.ko kernel module is not present. I thought the rom had full samba support, what gives?

Guest Barleyman

Don't use both FCR settings tool install location option and APP2SD!

After I set the install location back to "default", eventually problems went away. Still had to re-install a bunch of apps and/or restore backups.

Guest MisfitGeek
Don't use both FCR settings tool install location option and APP2SD!

After I set the install location back to "default", eventually problems went away. Still had to re-install a bunch of apps and/or restore backups.

I use the Ext2 partition created from Malez recovery menu + "move" apps also from Malez : I never encounter an issue.

Before this I was moving apps to SD from market / app manager or other tools without Ext2 part (so on unpartitionned SDCard). I had apps disapearing and coming back from 1 day to another...

How do I get Hebrew on this ROM?

It doesn't appear to be on the list in the laguage choice?

You can display Hebrew : LCR Settings / Tools and Addons / Addons / Additionnal fonts

You mix 2 different apps2sd way.

Install location : it is froyo official apps2sd, apps are stored on vfat sdcard (lease it as default because some apps are not compatible with external mode)

apps2sd : application are stored on an ext2 partition on sdcard. With this mode, you won't have any problem as system work is the same way as if they were on phone

Guest jnemeth
You mix 2 different apps2sd way.

Install location : it is froyo official apps2sd, apps are stored on vfat sdcard (lease it as default because some apps are not compatible with external mode)

apps2sd : application are stored on an ext2 partition on sdcard. With this mode, you won't have any problem as system work is the same way as if they were on phone

Hi,

Please clarify for me as well a bit:

The first is what you have under LCR Settings/Tweaks/Stock App2SD? And this is what we should leave as "Default".

But where can I set the second one? ("apps2sd")

I also had some issues with applications but I though I messed up something myself...

Thanks,

J.

Guest malez
Hi,

Please clarify for me as well a bit:

The first is what you have under LCR Settings/Tweaks/Stock App2SD? And this is what we should leave as "Default".

But where can I set the second one? ("apps2sd")

I also had some issues with applications but I though I messed up something myself...

Thanks,

J.

To enable apps2sd, you have to reboot to recovery and enable it.

i couldn't start my camera, even any other camera application

"Activity camera (in activity camera) not responding)"

i didn't apply any settings, but since i installed the LCR-F 2.0

please help~

i am using 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT

Edited by ngo

Guest fear_factory84
i couldn't start my camera, even any other camera application

"Activity camera (in activity camera) not responding)"

i didn't apply any settings, but since i installed the LCR-F 2.0

please help~

i am using 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT

Could you please post the output of adb logcat (or use the app called "alogcat") to let us debug your issue?

Perhaps lcr-f 2.0 is not tested with bin 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT, please flash before lcr-f 2.0 bin version 4.002.14.emea.gen1 and malez recovery..

Malez will update lcr-f to new base bin, but I don't know when...

Could you please post the output of adb logcat (or use the app called "alogcat") to let us debug your issue?

Perhaps lcr-f 2.0 is not tested with bin 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT, please flash before lcr-f 2.0 bin version 4.002.14.emea.gen1 and malez recovery..

i found it maybe the problem of my camera as I am still unable to use it while restored to CM7

it was workable before I install LCR-F 2.0, reason unknown

Guest malez

Yes I will rebase on the new bin, for sure. I am on it.

And i have not tested LCR-F on latest bin but some users have reported it was working fine

Are you still interested by an update ?

sure we are, at least me. I been waiting for your update so i can leap back to 2.2. hoping this rom will be less laggier in A1

Guest Gianluca Giunta
Are you still interested by an update ?

I can confirm that LCR-F 2.0 is working fine with 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT but i would be very happy to apply the update you are going to release. :(

Guest o2mike

I know of another Android forum "Android-Hilfe.de" where lots of people love LCR.

They surely would appreciate an updated version.

As for me, I probably won't have the pleasure to try it out anymore, as I am awaiting the delivery of my LG Optimus Speed (aka. LG Optimus 2x aka. LG Star) which should arrive on the 16th to 18th. :(