[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Guest Winston Ma
Are you still interested by an update ?

hmm yes and no

yes because I really like your rom, it makes the Liquid more user friendly.

no because I just flashed my phone to 4.008, applied LCR 2.0 and installed all the apps just because of the updated baseband. it would be great if I just need to apply the new LCR on top of my 4.008 and LCR 2.0. =)

Guest Lesheg

This only happens on my Liquid E with LCR-F 2.0? Sometimes it does not go off backlight (reboot helps), and are not retained toush screen sensitivity settings (apply on boot is activated).

Guest beghiero

I'm very happy user of LCR 2.0 too.

I found just now that WiFi channels over 11 are totally unusable/undetectable.

Here in Europe we use also channels 12 and 13, and often WiFi networks use them, normally less busy.

I'm not able to find something to enable those channels...

Any way?

Ciao, Piero.

Guest Shamino9

With a fresh LCR 2.0 installed, whenever I enable Apps to SD (in the recovery menu), the phone will not boot. All i get is the start-up animation - a pair of blinking android eyes on a black background. And the eyes appear to blink indefinitely...

I tried using ext2 and ext3 partitions - same result.

Does anyone know how I can enable apps to SD without this happening?

Thanks!

Edited by Shamino9

Guest beghiero
With a fresh LCR 2.0 installed, whenever I enable Apps to SD (in the recovery menu), the phone will not boot. All i get is the start-up animation - a pair of blinking android eyes on a black background. And the eyes appear to blink indefinitely...

I tried using ext2 and ext3 partitions - same result.

Does anyone know how I can enable apps to SD without this happening?

Last saturday I've done the same.

Mine was not a fresh installation at all.

I created an EXT2 partition (around 512Mb, primary, as second one).

The FAT32 partition now is the first of two.

I rebooted the phone with the EXT2 partition without problems (but without enabling APP2SD), and regularly the LCR settings menu shows my EXT2 partition (but the options are greyed).

I rebooted in malez recovery and I choose to move to SD programs and dalvik-cache.

Next boot was veeeeeery long, and I thought the phone was locked showing Droid with flashing eyes, but at last all worked well.

After that I moved all programs back from SD (Froyo way, so FAT32) to phone (really to SD now, APP2SD old way, EXT2).

Now the phone is really faster and memory dont fills everytime: I'm very happy...

Ciao, Piero.

Guest Shamino9
Last saturday I've done the same.

Mine was not a fresh installation at all.

I created an EXT2 partition (around 512Mb, primary, as second one).

The FAT32 partition now is the first of two.

I rebooted the phone with the EXT2 partition without problems (but without enabling APP2SD), and regularly the LCR settings menu shows my EXT2 partition (but the options are greyed).

I rebooted in malez recovery and I choose to move to SD programs and dalvik-cache.

Next boot was veeeeeery long, and I thought the phone was locked showing Droid with flashing eyes, but at last all worked well.

After that I moved all programs back from SD (Froyo way, so FAT32) to phone (really to SD now, APP2SD old way, EXT2).

Now the phone is really faster and memory dont fills everytime: I'm very happy...

Ciao, Piero.

When you say your next boot was very long - was it greater than or less than 30 minutes? My phone has been trying to boot for the past 40 minutes - as far as I can tell, it is stuck. Is there a way to see what is happening at start-up - to see what is causing it to stall?

Guest malez
When you say your next boot was very long - was it greater than or less than 30 minutes? My phone has been trying to boot for the past 40 minutes - as far as I can tell, it is stuck. Is there a way to see what is happening at start-up - to see what is causing it to stall?

After enabling apps2sd, first boot takes a long time because dalvik cache need to be rebuilt.

To see what happening, try "adb logcat" in a command prompt

In a general way, as long as you see eyes blinking, boot is in progress. But more than 15 minutes is anormal

Guest beghiero
When you say your next boot was very long - was it greater than or less than 30 minutes?

No. I waited around 10 minutes, maybe less...

I thought it was the time to move data/programs from internal memory to SD: maybe more programs/data = more time, but 40 minutes is too long.

EDIT: Now I read the delay is for dalvik-cache, not for move programs...

Ciao, Piero.

Edited by beghiero

Guest Winston Ma
After enabling apps2sd, first boot takes a long time because dalvik cache need to be rebuilt.

To see what happening, try "adb logcat" in a command prompt

In a general way, as long as you see eyes blinking, boot is in progress. But more than 15 minutes is anormal

Hi Malez,

Do you have any plans (may not the schedule) on the upcoming version? Please share with me. Thanks.

I'm not trying to push you but just wonder what's the exciting features.

Cheers

Guest Barleyman
Are you still interested by an update ?

Yes and no.. I have had liquid for over a year (only a year!) and I have reflashed the firmware several times, going from 1.6 vanilla to 1.6 LCR, 2.1 LCR and now 2.2 LCR..

There are a few things bugging me with my phone currently, I'm not sure wheter either is LCR-fixable:

#1 custom ringtones often do not play

#2 WIFI does often not find the access point until I go to settings and manually rescan. This could be juice defender artifact as well, which toggles WIFI on and off quite a lot based on location etc. Problem is that when wifi is ON, station is not found or is found only after long pause.

Guest St3fano
#2 WIFI does often not find the access point until I go to settings and manually rescan. This could be juice defender artifact as well, which toggles WIFI on and off quite a lot based on location etc. Problem is that when wifi is ON, station is not found or is found only after long pause.

Same problem here (without Juice Defender)

Guest malez
+1

wifi issue will be fixed in next release. Seems to wok fine on my phone

i have also added ramzswap and swap on sd management.

Edited by malez

Guest MODDGG
Yes and no.. I have had liquid for over a year (only a year!) and I have reflashed the firmware several times, going from 1.6 vanilla to 1.6 LCR, 2.1 LCR and now 2.2 LCR..

There are a few things bugging me with my phone currently, I'm not sure wheter either is LCR-fixable:

#1 custom ringtones often do not play

Same here (parallel lives?) but without Juice Defender... and even more, when receiving a call (sometimes) the phone shuts down.

A part from those "small" details, the ROM is complete (everything works) and fast enough. So I will also vote for an update, please.

Edited by MODDGG

Guest android_liquid

same problem with wifi. waiting for new version of lcr rom. This is the most usable and stable rom for our liquid. Thank you malez and other lcr team members.

Edited by android_liquid

Guest devoluti0n

If I could give one criticism to this rom, it would be that I've a bug with MMS : I just clic download and nothing happen if 3g isn't on. But I don't want to pay extras for that and should not need to.

Si je devais donner une critique, ce serai que j'ai un bug avec les MMS : Je clic sur download et rien ne se passe si la 3g n'est pas activée. Mais je ne veux pas de hors forfait pour avoir le droit de les prendre, et je ne pense pas que je devrai en avoir besoin.

My phone is under Virgin mobile.

Sous Virgin Mobile.

Guest malez
how can i disable this option:

"New option in tweak menu to switch to next playing song when pressing camera button"

run LCR Settings, go in tweak menu, unckeck the option.