[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Guest francesco9482

hi malez! is there any way to activated ram swap in lcr 2.0? the script included in the rom doesn't work. i've formatted the sd with your recovery.

Thanks a lot!

Guest gwilo

App to SD

I have been using the 'New App to SD" and want to switch to the "Old App to SD".

I have already set up Ext 2 (600 MB) when I updated to LCR 2.0

What is the best method to switch to the "Old App to SD"?

Do I have to transfer my apps back to the phone?

Do I have to uninstall the app and re load them?

Also when using the "Old" can you pick and chose which apps to move (i.e. clock and calendar to not transfer well to SD)?

Thanks

Guest fear_factory84
App to SD

I have been using the 'New App to SD" and want to switch to the "Old App to SD".

I have already set up Ext 2 (600 MB) when I updated to LCR 2.0

What is the best method to switch to the "Old App to SD"?

Do I have to transfer my apps back to the phone?

Do I have to uninstall the app and re load them?

Also when using the "Old" can you pick and chose which apps to move (i.e. clock and calendar to not transfer well to SD)?

Thanks

Go in recovery, first do a nandroid, then in other, select move apps to sd, it will move all the apps in /data/app to sd-ext partition, and all the symbolic links are set up. Reboot. You should have old app2sd enabled.

Then you should disable froyo app2sd on all your installed apps because mixing methods is not useful. Using the app manager in settings menu, press move to phone for each app. Since you have old app2sd enabled, apks are moved to the sd ext partition.

regards

Guest gwilo

^

Thanks, will follow your instructions tonight.

The results

I re-booted the phone per your instruction.

I used App2SD - Davick-Cache On SD

Took a few minutes to complete, then the phone shut off and rebooted automatically, then every thing was fine.

The end result

Storage

Before (Froyo App to SD)

Internal (209 MB) 62.8 MB Free

SD (7.47GB) 3.14 MB Free

SD ext 2 (601 MB) 601 MB Free

After (Old App 2 SD)

Internal (209 MB) 169 MB Free

SD (7.47GB) 3.14 MB Free (have to clean up and find where app to sd was stored)

SD ext 2 (601 MB) 466 MB Free

And so far everything works

Edited by gwilo

Guest jnemeth

Hi malez,

Just a question: do you plan to work sometimes on LCR-G? Is it possible on our hardware anyway or is it too much for our good old liquid?

I'm just interested in your future plans, I'm a happy user of LCR-F. :)

Thanks, J.

Guest OzanSRC

Hi Everyone,

I'm gonna buy Liquid E next week so i'm searching for rooting and flashing rom for device. But I'm from Turkey and our Liquid E's are 2.1 Eclair. Turkish 2.2 Froyo update for GEN4 (most of others GEN1) so which 2.2 Froyo Roms' include Turkish language? Does LCR have?

Second question is about overclocking...

With LCR ROM Which kernel do i need to? Do LCR support overclocking with stock kernel?

Guest et3rn1ty

Hi guys,

I have a weird problem on my phone. Today I was playing a game on my phone and the battery just died. So i recharged the battery.0

To my surprise, when I turned on the phone again, the OS changed to the older version of LCR ( I think it was the 1.1.2). Previously, I was on LCR 2.0.

Now all the apps are not working, I would get an error message whenever I try to run an app.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before?

Can anyone tell how to avoid this from happening again?

Guest malez
Hi guys,

I have a weird problem on my phone. Today I was playing a game on my phone and the battery just died. So i recharged the battery.0

To my surprise, when I turned on the phone again, the OS changed to the older version of LCR ( I think it was the 1.1.2). Previously, I was on LCR 2.0.

Now all the apps are not working, I would get an error message whenever I try to run an app.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before?

Can anyone tell how to avoid this from happening again?

What inforations are displayed in Settings/About.

For me your rom version can not change by itslef (all system files would need to be replaced for this)

I suggest you to wipe cache in a first time

If it is not enough reinstall the rom.

Guest et3rn1ty
What inforations are displayed in Settings/About.

For me your rom version can not change by itslef (all system files would need to be replaced for this)

I suggest you to wipe cache in a first time

If it is not enough reinstall the rom.

Actually the build number is LCR-F_1.1.2 but the graphic interface is different from what I had before.

First off all, all the shortcuts that I have on the main screen are gone and then on the apps screen(the screen you get when you press the square at the bottom of the main screen) I have to slide horizontally to scroll the apps instead of vertically.

How do I wipe cache? Is it through fastboot or something?

Thanks

Guest sundawg
Actually the build number is LCR-F_1.1.2 but the graphic interface is different from what I had before.

First off all, all the shortcuts that I have on the main screen are gone and then on the apps screen(the screen you get when you press the square at the bottom of the main screen) I have to slide horizontally to scroll the apps instead of vertically.

How do I wipe cache? Is it through fastboot or something?

Thanks

reboot in recovery go to wipe option ,u will find wipe cache ,even after wipe cache ,issue not resolved ,get back to recovery and do a manual wipe i.e wipe data, (wipe sd ext ,only if u have enabled ext 2) ,wipe dalvik ,battery stats ,rotate setting and finally cache,n dont use "wipe all including sd" option and then flash thr ROM again,This would def fix the issue and ur good to go, Hope it helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest natostanco

sup with lcr?

will we see an LCR-G? or maybe just an update for LCR-F since gingerbread didn't bring noticable goodies^^

Guest LiquidEr
Are you still interested by an update ?

YES !! I have been waiting for it for so long.

and i know many other people are waiting too! :P

Edited by LiquidEr

Guest greendixy

Hi there i am using the rogers acer liquid e 2.2 android os (Phone rooted + MalezR) 4.001.17_pa_rog Will this update it for me also i have tittanium for my backup so will i be able to recover my stuff through that on lcr thank you

Guest Dona'
Are there any disadvantages if I install this one on top of the 4.504b.00 BIN?

I don't know about your question, but except if you have a particular reason, you shouldn't use this rom. It was a great rom but unfortunately it hasn't been updated in a long time and I think newer roms with newer features can only be better ...

Guest flasherPSM
I don't know about your question, but except if you have a particular reason, you shouldn't use this rom. It was a great rom but unfortunately it hasn't been updated in a long time and I think newer roms with newer features can only be better ...

Thanks for your advice fellow Belgian ;)

Was going to install it for the divx/xvid feature, but i'll stick with FroyoMetal then ^^

• 3 weeks later...
Guest siggey
I need help!!!!!! I did everything correct and i rebooted, but its stuck at your logo! I cant get into it. Please contact me [email protected] or [email protected].

Never write email address in forums, is dangerous for your privacy. Try wipe all and reflash or return to your nandroid backup from recovery. Remember that this rom is old and not upgraded since lot of time. I advise you to flash something fresh, like fear rom or a Ginger one.

Edited by siggey

Guest sette7nani
YES !! I have been waiting for it for so long.

and i know many other people are waiting too! :)

malez marvel us !

i'm another member of your fun club :rolleyes:

a LCR-G will be our dream.... :rolleyes:

Guest jnemeth

HELP, please, anybody.

I'm running LCR-F 1.1.2 and chosen to move the dalvik cache to sd in LCR settings menu. I marked the checbox and system asked for a reboot. I said yes and phone started to reboot but then stopped in the middle of booting (android on red background, eyes are not flashing). I waited a long time but nothing happened. I had to remove battery to be able to try again but same thing... Then I tried go into recovery with the hardware button combo, two short vibration was there but then nothing, just black screen. :)

What the hell happened? What can I do?

Thanks for any hints...

J.

EDIT

It is solved, hopefully.

Malez, you are simply great. And also your codes. I could solve this with going into your recovery from computer than doing some moving and wipe in the dalvik cache. And it works. And it works because you wrote very good programs. Thanks again and again.

I hope you still work on some improvement because I don't want to change my phone. I know this hardware is old and memory is too small but I love to use it with LCR-F.

Edited by jnemeth

• 1 month later...
Guest MacenaBR

Hi all... The site still offline.

There is any other site to download the LCR- 2.0?? I have a Liquid E Rogers 2.1, and I´m very interest to upgrade for froyo 2.2 ROM. Anyone can help me to find other font to get it?

Tkx.

Guest thirtytwodave

Hi all... The site still offline.

There is any other site to download the LCR- 2.0?? I have a Liquid E Rogers 2.1, and I´m very interest to upgrade for froyo 2.2 ROM. Anyone can help me to find other font to get it?

Tkx.

+1

Guest zorginho

there're a lot of other froyo and GB roms... why continue to use lcr?

if you like the acer based try the fear factory custom rom.

if you just need a stable, fast & fully working rom try the cm6.1.1 by gnufabio