[ROM] Liquid Community ROM Froyo 2.0

Guest LCR_Team

Guest strike76

battery run dry faster for me !!!!! From 1pm to 3.30 pm -15% with 2g :) No sms send, no calls, no market , no internet!!!!! gps disable, wifi disable ....

Guest alezzandro
battery run dry faster for me !!!!! From 1pm to 3.30 pm -15% with 2g :) No sms send, no calls, no market , no internet!!!!! gps disable, wifi disable ....

check the services running!

Guest Ximo F. Verde

The 1.1 update did not solve the tweak menu problem for me either. Havent had the time to check the performance of the ROM after the update. Will do so, if i notice some improvement over the already great job of the LCR team.

From 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM used 15 % of battery

WiFi off

BT off

3G on

2 weather apps running (update every 2 hours)

Facebook with update every 2 hours. checked 2 posts

No phone calls :)

This is about the same as on stock 2.1

Edited by gwilo

malez i've also the wifi problem reported by some users few pages before this..

when I unlock the screen wifi doesn't connect automatically to my wpa2 network. To connect i have just to enter in network settings without do anything.. and then it connects. any idea why?

edit: using acer liquid s100 Lcr 1.1 baseband 05.01.05

Edited by skakz

From 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM used 15 % of battery

WiFi off

BT off

3G on

2 weather apps running (update every 2 hours)

Facebook with update every 2 hours. checked 2 posts

No phone calls :)

This is about the same as on stock 2.1

you set 3G on, till can drain your battery is normally...like 2.1 rom.

and add other apps to always on will drain faster.

LCR suggest that , set your phone to 2G can solved your problem.

Guest Winston Ma
malez i've also the wifi problem reported by some users few pages before this..

when I unlock the screen wifi doesn't connect automatically to my wpa2 network. To connect i have just to enter in network settings without do anything.. and then it connects. any idea why?

edit: using acer liquid s100 Lcr 1.1 baseband 05.01.05

I have the same issue as well. Everytime when I unlock my device the Wifi is not automatically connected.

By the way I'm using Acer Liquid E LCR 1.1 Baseband 05.01.05.

you set 3G on, till can drain your battery is normally...like 2.1 rom.

and add other apps to always on will drain faster.

LCR suggest that , set your phone to 2G can solved your problem.

I do know about '3G off' will save battery but I am comparing how LCR vs stock Acer with my normal settings.

No big difference.

Hi all

I was in an "offline" vacation with my family. For the fist time i even had forgotten to take my phone my me when i was outide :) I was really surpised by the big battery capacity when synchronisation is off (never happen to me).

Now about posts here (did not have the time to read them all but i will try to do a resume)

- Transparency in notification bar is lost if you enable any of the acer UI part. To keep it, disable UI customisation.

- Using Acer UI part use more battery, that is a fact

- Acer dialer difference will only be visible when you place a call. That is the interface that is chown during the call that is changed.

- I am sorry the access to the tweak menu is not solved for everyone. Try to disable/ re-enable usb debugging in settings.

- If you have issues applying UI changes, try to save/quit UI part in LCR settings and reenter in it. Settings will be reloaded from system. So what is checked when you access settings for the second time must be what will be applied. When you save, settings are first saved in a file called LCR_UI.txt on sdcard root before being copied to system. That is why sdcard must be writable when you save your settings.

- Wifi scan is done automaticially every 60s when wifi is on. So if you keep wifi always on and wake up your phone, it can take up to 60s to detect. Wifi is automaticially disconnected 15minutes after the screen turns off. Decreasing this delay will have effect on bettery usage. I don"t advice to keep wifi always on (except if plugged) because wifi uses a lot of battery. It is better to power on wifi only when you use it. Just for information, some people that had delays when setting wifi on (was on LCR-F 1.0), don't have the issue anymore after a wipe.

Edited by malez

Guest vanisleguy1976

In regards to battery usage, my phone has been unplugged for 20 hours. I've listened to music, I've youtubed, I've made nearly an hour worth of phone calls, sent/received over 100 sms messages, used the camera, surfed the web... Even played a few rounds of angry birds. My battery is at 20% right now. Can't really complain about that! Oh, and I have bubble notifications enabled too!

This is pretty standard usage for me, and since applying the patch my battery life has improved dramatically. To those who have drain issues, I highly recommend Juice Defender. I think it is what makes the biggest improvement for me!

Rom run great. But when problem: Can't install angry birds. Can't restore it from titanium (phone half boots), and can't install it from the market (download either gets paused at 95% or install never completes, things like these). A solution would be highly appreciated.

Guest youpi666
- I am sorry the access to the tweak menu is not solved for everyone.

For those who have the tweak menu problem :

- when USB debug is disable, i can't acces to the tweak menu,

- when USB debug is enable, it's work.

Hope this help.

Rom run great. But when problem: Can't install angry birds. Can't restore it from titanium (phone half boots), and can't install it from the market (download either gets paused at 95% or install never completes, things like these). A solution would be highly appreciated.

Install from the market work for me yesterday, maybe a market problem :)

Guest thedicemaster
- If you have issues applying UI changes, try to save/quit UI part in LCR settings and reenter in it. Settings will be reloaded from system. So what is checked when you access settings for the second time must be what will be applied. When you save, settings are first saved in a file called LCR_UI.txt on sdcard root before being copied to system. That is why sdcard must be writable when you save your settings.

UI settings appear to be completely ignored when it's not working properly.

the UI settings screen(even after a reboot) displays the customized settings, the LCR_UI.txt is configured for a customized UI, but the standard UI without any acer modifications is still loaded.

I am with the other bin (4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05) and had no problem with them (the birds).

I am with the other bin (4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05) and had no problem with them (the birds).

I was on stock 4.002.02 for a long time, had angry birds installed and played it often. When lcr-f 1.1 was released, i backed it up (to store the cleared levels) through titanium backup. After flashing lcr-f 1.1, i restored all of my apps, but could not restore angry birds. Restoring angry birds would result in half boot. Have been trying to install it through the market (ever since lcr-f was released), but no success. I really love this game and wish to have it working on my phone. Any suggestions?

I was on stock 4.002.02 for a long time, had angry birds installed and played it often. When lcr-f 1.1 was released, i backed it up (to store the cleared levels) through titanium backup. After flashing lcr-f 1.1, i restored all of my apps, but could not restore angry birds. Restoring angry birds would result in half boot. Have been trying to install it through the market (ever since lcr-f was released), but no success. I really love this game and wish to have it working on my phone. Any suggestions?

i have just installed angry birds from market and i works. There was problems with market this morning (google server were so slow that downlods did not start). Maybe you can try the Fix market option in Lcr Settings (Tweak menu). Hope google will fix servers soon because there is many issues in last days.

Edited by malez

Guest KeruDoitsu

With LCR-F 1.0 I had no problems at all. After patching with 1.1, now I have reboots when: I use music player (stock, the phone reboots or half boots and then I can normally listen to music), I use gmaps (it happened once only, then it worked right).

With 1.0 no problems...