CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest MarcusHenrique
I will give it a try.

But sorry now I don't have time enough.

Because I'm just about taking a shower and going to bed right now.

Because tomorrow morning ant 6:30 I need to go to work.

I'll do it tomorrow but I can't promise the time.

If somebody make it until then it'll be great.

But as I can see there's quite much patches that has been done in the cyanogen mod .29, .32 and .34 kernels.

Not only the compcache. but a lot of more other patches.

We gonna need a lot of hard work to do this on our pulse.

See it your self.

cyanogen mod 2.6.34 kernel

CM port proved to be an easier job to do than froyo port, for Tom at least. Porting a cyanogen .32 or .34 kernel would be rather an easier job too?

Guest TonyDigi
What must I do to get OC working?

I've flashed flibbs boot, but SetCPU still returns 528mhz as maximum core speed.

Linpack: 3.78mflops =/

Thanks in advance

How to do it guys? SetCPU ?

Guest dbra2409

Hi folks,

First off let me say how much I've enjoyed seeing this website develop over the past year, its really quite an achievement to all involved.

I managed to get CM6 running by using fastboot to write the files in the zip on the first page but had to use Fibs version of gapps to get them to appear in the phone (http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/gapps-pulse-20100930-signed.zip).

So now I've got it up and running, here is a random question for you lot.

I like using my phone as an alarm clock but prefer waking up to an mp3 and not a ringtone.

The 2.1 roms had the huawei alarmclock.apk which supports mp3 but the CM6 rom only has clock.apk which only supports ringtones.

Now I've tried installing the alarmclock.apk on CM6 but it seems to have a dependency on the 2.1 file manager apk which crashes on CM6.

Anyone got any bright ideas on how to get this working (or a free alternative app)?

Thanks

David

Guest Joe1993

Anybody elses vibrate not working.... i keep receiving text whilst my phones on vibrate in school but cant tell due to it not vibrating at all, but it vibrates when you start the phone up..... any ideas????

Guest totiadrenalin
Hi folks, ............

...........The 2.1 roms had the huawei alarmclock.apk which supports mp3 but the CM6 rom only has clock.apk which only supports ringtones.

Now I've tried installing the alarmclock.apk on CM6 but it seems to have a dependency on the 2.1 file manager apk which crashes on CM6.

Anyone got any bright ideas on how to get this working (or a free alternative app)?

Thanks

David

It can be solved with one simple code.

open the terminal emulator, or connect your phone to pc via usb and open the cmd or terminal.

cd /the path to adb

then:

adb remount

adb shell

busybox ln -s /sdcard/path_to_your_music_folder/the_mp3_as_alarm_tone.mp3 /system/media/audio/alarms/the_mp3_as_alarm_tone.mp3
here is an example!
adb remount

adb shell

busybox ln -s /sdcard/music/prodigy/firestarter.mp3 /system/media/audio/alarms/firestarter.mp3

this is symbolic link of the file stored even in different partition and symlinked other place.

or shorter, symlink

And the mp3 will be displayed and able to be used as alarm tone by the clock.apk

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest DanWilson
Anybody elses vibrate not working.... i keep receiving text whilst my phones on vibrate in school but cant tell due to it not vibrating at all, but it vibrates when you start the phone up..... any ideas????

Naughty!

Nah, in Sound settings, one says Vibrate, and it is set to Only on Silent (which we don't have), set it to always, and continue your rebellion!

About the camera issue.

I think that after we take one shout!

something is taking busy the camera device.

so after closing the app it release it.

but if we don't close the app and take another shout, then while the cam device is still busy any cam application report error.

I'll try to provide logcat now and see what's going on with the camera after taking multishout.

Yeah I think it is something to do with it not releasing a buffer or similar. It may be a problem in the camera app/android rather than the driver binary, so it may be fixable. Since reinitializing the camera (closing/re-opening the app) seems to fix the problem maybe we can for it to do that after every shot.

CM port proved to be an easier job to do than froyo port, for Tom at least. Porting a cyanogen .32 or .34 kernel would be rather an easier job too?

It wasn't really easier. The work that I had done on aosp transferred easily into CM6, but without the work previously done on aosp this would have been a much slower process. The work done by the CyanogenMod team is really excellent, and for the extra features we have in CM6 we really should be thanking them. The video and camera fixes are thanks to CyanogenMod, I didn't need to do anything (although I think video would have always worked in a codeaurora based rom).

If we can get any kernel other than the Huawei one working then I think the CM6 kernel will be possible, but I never have much luck with the kernel.

Guest DanWilson
If we can get any kernel other than the Huawei one working then I think the CM6 kernel will be possible, but I never have much luck with the kernel.

So if we (you really) get a stock .29 kernel working, it'd be easier to port the CyanogenMod .29 kernel, making the .34 or whatever it is kernel easy? :)

Well, have fun! :)

Guest add.thebad

Sorry to ask a noobie question but how to i flash this to my pulse in fast boot i have adb set up correctly but dont know how to flash it

thanks in advance for any help

Guest DanWilson
Sorry to ask a noobie question but how to i flash this to my pulse in fast boot i have adb set up correctly but dont know how to flash it

thanks in advance for any help

Here

Guest Gigahurtz

Ive fastbooted CM06 and that runs fine but when I then install gapps-pulse-20100930-signed.zip before or after darktremor pulse reboots again and again???

Guest Philippe Demartin
Yeah I think it is something to do with it not releasing a buffer or similar. It may be a problem in the camera app/android rather than the driver binary, so it may be fixable. Since reinitializing the camera (closing/re-opening the app) seems to fix the problem maybe we can for it to do that after every shot.

It wasn't really easier. The work that I had done on aosp transferred easily into CM6, but without the work previously done on aosp this would have been a much slower process. The work done by the CyanogenMod team is really excellent, and for the extra features we have in CM6 we really should be thanking them. The video and camera fixes are thanks to CyanogenMod, I didn't need to do anything (although I think video would have always worked in a codeaurora based rom).

A strange thing is the fact that any shutter sound is played when taking a shot, can it be the source of the problem ? The sound subsystem being stuck and not released.

In Goggles ther is no such problem... you can take as many shot as you want.

Guest AdamBaker
So if we (you really) get a stock .29 kernel working, it'd be easier to port the CyanogenMod .29 kernel, making the .34 or whatever it is kernel easy? :)

Well, have fun! :)

The hardest part of the kernel port is getting the wifi driver. At the moment that is binary only and tied to a specific kernel revision.

I've also just discovered an interesting trick

insmod /system/wifi/ar6000.ko mac_param=11:22:33:44:55:66

when the wifi driver isn't loaded loads it with the requested MAC address. I suspect one of the Huawei scripts does something similar which is how it is supposed to get it's proper address.

Based on this I believe the way Huawei set the MAC address is in libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi.c modifying the insmod routine (confirmed by grepping the binary)

Edited by AdamBaker

Guest DanWilson
The hardest part of the kernel port is getting the wifi driver. At the moment that is binary only and tied to a specific kernel revision.

DAMN YOU HUAWEI!

Isn't there any kind of workaround? Like pretend we have the required kernel, or maybe even some sort of hardcore double kernel thing, one for normal use, one for wifi. I think I'm a bit hopeful just now. Need some sleep.

Night bros. And sis's. But I don't think many girls are on this forum. Prove me wrong?

Guest DanWilson

I've also just discovered an interesting trick

insmod /system/wifi/ar6000.ko mac_param=11:22:33:44:55:66

when the wifi driver isn't loaded loads it with the requested MAC address. I suspect one of the Huawei scripts does something similar which is how it is supposed to get it's proper address.

So if we find the real MAC address for our own individual phones, we could edit that so it showed the correct MAC address?

Damn my old wifi cracking conspiracy is going down the drain...

Guest MarcusHenrique
DAMN YOU HUAWEI!

Isn't there any kind of workaround? Like pretend we have the required kernel, or maybe even some sort of hardcore double kernel thing, one for normal use, one for wifi. I think I'm a bit hopeful just now. Need some sleep.

Night bros. And sis's. But I don't think many girls are on this forum. Prove me wrong?

Erm... Not many girls are into hours of researching to get their phone better. Besides, they're more in like to Iphone with pink cases =P

This remminded me of my friend's girlfriend yesterday, asking if the games I have on my pulse could be installed on her WM device, cause it came just with Solitarie.

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Guest Gigahurtz
Ive fastbooted CM06 and that runs fine but when I then install gapps-pulse-20100930-signed.zip before or after darktremor pulse reboots again and again???

Got it working finally, a few reboots but ok now. Ive got a class 6 card coming in post to replace class 4 already in use, will i need to reflash images and zips again etc to new card? or will nandroid backup be enough? What about Ext2 on sd?

Guest al_3sjad
Can some one please state the bugs left in this CM6 ?

I want to update mine to it, but i want to know the bugs before i start even considering it.

Cheers

So far, I'm happy with this version. In addition, I'm using this version from some days I found what I need in this version and I'm not planning to go back to the old version.

However, only what I missing is the Wifi Tether.

Thanks for your great efforts :)

A strange thing is the fact that any shutter sound is played when taking a shot, can it be the source of the problem ? The sound subsystem being stuck and not released.

In Goggles ther is no such problem... you can take as many shot as you want.

tried 'camera fun free' and this app can tale multiple shots okay

Guest naniteboy

I didn't have reboots but gapps didn't install properly until I did it exactly in this order - maybe it will help you also:

BOOTLOADER

fastboot-windows flash system flash\system.img

fastboot-windows flash boot flash\boot.img

fastboot-windows flash userdata flash\userdata.img

fastboot-windows reboot (leave it to boot into system, shutdown the phone and the restart into bootloader again)

BOOTLOADER

fastboot-windows flash boot flash\boot_flb_0_20.img

fastboot-windows reboot (leave it to boot into system, reboot into recovery)

RECOVERY

flash gapps

flash dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip

reboot

Edited by naniteboy

Guest naniteboy
Can some one please state the bugs left in this CM6 ?

I want to update mine to it, but i want to know the bugs before i start even considering it.

Cheers

As far as I can see:

Bluetooth isn't working at all

GPS is working but sometimes leaves the icon visible in status bar after deactivated (cosmetics :))

Camera can take one shot, but if you take the shot, exit the camera, start it again then it works