CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest jack_itb

Very very good work! Thank you :)

Unfortunately the main problems I had with flb2 are not solved with CM6:

- GPS signal gets lost sometimes for about 20 to 60 seconds (in Navigon). In the compass app I sometimes see "0/4 satellites" for just a few seconds.

- When I'm returning home, the phone does not connect to my WLAN automatically. In the WLAN settings I see my network unconnected and the WLAN status states "scan". After selecting my network the phone connects normally. The same happens with other WLANs.

- Sometimes the rotation stops working. As I see in the compass app the sensors are ok, just the rotating doesn't work anymore.

for me the problem is the bluetoth and the camera....others are great ....for 2 days now I didn't had any problems even force close except the 2 (blue..cam) thanx for the hard work

Guest AdamBaker
$ strings libhardware_legacy.so | grep mac_param

mac_param=00:00:00:00:00:00

Thats not how Huawei is setting it, but it should work for us. We just need to read the right value in libhardware_legacy. What does /system/bin/wlan_tool do? I think that may be how they set it. It is called by libhardware_legacy.

Setting up a strong of the right length like that then overwriting it us a common traditional among programmers who don't know it us against the special and breaks on some compilers.

Guest totiadrenalin
Setting up a strong of the right length like that then overwriting it us a common traditional among programmers who don't know it us against the special and breaks on some compilers.

Tom G!

I find all of the patches and tweaks that was done in CM6

Let me test them first.

But give me some time.

I think that I have the solution about the WIFI, CAMERA, GPRS, Compcache, and all good known bugs.\

Just give me few days do try all of those patches into the kernel, and the os.

I have your cm6 port source from the github, and the flibble's kernel source, like the .29 cuanogenmod kernel source.

So I'll start working on the patches.

I'll report in few days.

Don't ask me anything until then.

Just Wish me luck.

Edited by totiadrenalin

anybody else notice really poor battery life with CM?

I would say 50% compared to FLBalpha3...

that's strange...yesterday the phone ran out of juice after like 12 hours (and turned off)...and today it still has 75% battery left after approx. the same period...and I even used it more today...

only thing I can think of is I didn't reboot after the camera crashed...could that be the culprit?

Guest igor_anta

Did anyone get TouchPal to work with this, and if so how? I really need those slide down symbols and uppercase shortcuts, and I don't like the market version of TouchPal for some reason. Cheers!

Did anyone get TouchPal to work with this, and if so how? I really need those slide down symbols and uppercase shortcuts, and I don't like the market version of TouchPal for some reason. Cheers!

There's a market version. I'm using that one :)

Guest whackster

I think all you need is to push libtouchpal.so to /system/lib/ and TouchPal.apk from froyo. I'll make a flashable update zip tomorrow, had to go back to froyo my phone suddenly started getting random reboots during calls...

Try this, flash it through clockwork, I can't sign it right now :)

Touchpal_CM6.zip

Edited by whackster

Guest igor_anta
I think all you need is to push libtouchpal.so to /system/lib/ and TouchPal.apk from froyo. I'll make a flashable update zip tomorrow, had to go back to froyo my phone suddenly started getting random reboots during calls...

That did it thanks! Now the experience is complete, full on awesomeness :) Cheers!

Guest totiadrenalin

Not Signet.

Here is the signet version of this zip.

And abiut the patches?

Well tomorow we'll have the compcache.

And I hope so the wifi problem with the mac two solved.

I'm Just hoping so that I'll get tomorrow night the wifi working.

Now it's getting to late here, so I'm going to bed right now.

EDIT:

syntax error in update script.

Well Iguess that it'll be much better if we just push all this files to our phone where they need to be placed.

Touchpal_CM6_signed.zip

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest AdamBaker

I'm getting a bit further with tracking down how BT initialisation works. That gets it MAC address (or board address asa most of the BT code calls it) via RPC (and the only RPC target I am aware of on the phone is the other ARM that handles the GSM/3G stack and hardware interfacing). That sort of makes sense as there is probably only one ID chip per phone that has got both the IMEI and MAC address in it.

That RPC call lives inside hci_qcomm_init which in turn is called from /system/etc/init.qcom.bt.sh I haven't worked out quite what calls that or what sets /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state to 1 but they are both pre-requisites for working BT.

I'm a little concerned with the idea of extracting the MAC address from the BT hardware that BT may be disabled and the address has never been read. It looks as though libhardware_legacy.so makes an RPC call so maybe it is reading from the radio interface layer too. This is going to take some effort to reverse engineer.

Guest naniteboy
Tried flashing this but can't flash the flb boot thing. Just get a message saying "cannot load flash\boot_flb_0_20.img" :)

Please notice that I've put all img files in flash subfolder ... that's why it's flash\ in front of img file name - if you're following steps I've posted (and it seems you do)

Guest david_dawkins
that's strange...yesterday the phone ran out of juice after like 12 hours (and turned off)...and today it still has 75% battery left after approx. the same period...and I even used it more today...

only thing I can think of is I didn't reboot after the camera crashed...could that be the culprit?

Battery has been excellent for me since I installed yesterday afternoon, left wifi and gps on all night, and still have around 45-50% left. I only started with 80% too. Your camera theory sounds good to me.

Battery has been excellent for me since I installed yesterday afternoon, left wifi and gps on all night, and still have around 45-50% left. I only started with 80% too. Your camera theory sounds good to me.

Can you tell us the exact procedure that you followed whilst flashing the ROM because my battery life is appaling.

Guest david_dawkins
Can you tell us the exact procedure that you followed whilst flashing the ROM because my battery life is appaling.

It was *exactly* what naniteboy listed, using flib's "gapps-pulse-20100930-signed.zip" for the "gapps" bit. I didn't wipe beforehand, and

my previous ROM was flib's rooted T-Mo 2.1 (not FLB-Mod). I'm running the U8220 on UK T-Mo.

Here are naniteboy's instructions: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1436689.

* installed Titanium from the market; then I used that to restore HelloExpense.

* pushed FileManager.apk to /data/app (wouldn't fit in /system/app, and I wasn't even sure putting it in /data/app was right thing to do, but there it was after

reboot).

* With FileManager, reinstalled "com.shapewriter.android.softkeyboard.apk".

Can you quantify "appalling", out of interest?

My battery goes down from full charge to 20 percent after about ten minutes. I don't even make heavy use of the phone. Just check Facebook and go on Google news for a bit.

My battery goes down from full charge to 20 percent after about ten minutes. I don't even make heavy use of the phone. Just check Facebook and go on Google news for a bit.

Have a look with a system monitor like OSMonitor. Maybe the media process is running and scans the files in a never-ending loop. The process often used the whole CPU power.

Guest goce.nakov

I'v installed a2sd 2.7.5.2 thru recovery, in recovery it says that is installed OK, but when I type in terminal emulator "a2sd check" nothing happens.

Anyone has this kind of issue, and knows the way how I can resolve it?

Previously I'v installed CM 6 and gapps......I didn't installed OC kernel of any kind. The phone works OK and now I want only to install DT a2sd.

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest Rumcájsz
I'v installed a2sd 2.7.5.2 thru recovery, in recovery it says that is installed OK, but when I type in terminal emulator "a2sd check" nothing happens.

Anyone has this kind of issue, and knows the way how I can resolve it?

Previously I'v installed CM 6 and gapps......I didn't installed OC kernel of any kind. The phone works OK and now I want only to install DT a2sd.

If you want a2sd, you need the OC kernel.

here:

Edited by Rumcájsz

Guest totiadrenalin
It was *exactly* what naniteboy listed, using flib's "gapps-pulse-20100930-signed.zip" for the "gapps" bit. I didn't wipe beforehand, and

my previous ROM was flib's rooted T-Mo 2.1 (not FLB-Mod). I'm running the U8220 on UK T-Mo.

Here are naniteboy's instructions: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1436689.

* installed Titanium from the market; then I used that to restore HelloExpense.

* pushed FileManager.apk to /data/app (wouldn't fit in /system/app, and I wasn't even sure putting it in /data/app was right thing to do, but there it was after

reboot).

* With FileManager, reinstalled "com.shapewriter.android.softkeyboard.apk".

If you use the oc kernel, then the priblem with the battery is

in the scaling_governor. By default it's set to perfirmance.

So the CPU is working on 691 mhz all of the time. That is resulting with more power consumin

By the CPU.

Ti solve this problem easy just open the terminal emulator and type

This commands.

su

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

That's way you will set your scaling@_governor to ondemand,

And the cpu freq will variate from 245mhz to 691mhz, depending of thee CU loading state.

and it'll result with longer battery live.

EDIT:

Sorry for the mistakes I made by writing, but I was on my pulse.

And the wifi connection was very pure and dropping down every 3-5 sec.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest david_dawkins
If you use the oc kernel, then the priblem with the battery is

in the scaling_governor. By default it's set to perfirmance.

So the CPU is working on 691 mhz all of the time. That is resulting with more power consumin

By the CPU.

Ti solve this problem easy just open the terminal emulator and type

This commands.

su

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

That's way you will set your scaling@_governor to ondemand,

And the cpu freq will variate from 245mhz to 691mhz, depending of thee CU loading state.

and it'll result with longer battery live.

Good to know, thanks.

However, it doesn't explain why we have different experiences. I've changed nothing, and am using boot_flb_0_20.img; I thought that was OC-enabled?

I'm a little concerned with the idea of extracting the MAC address from the BT hardware that BT may be disabled and the address has never been read. It looks as though libhardware_legacy.so makes an RPC call so maybe it is reading from the radio interface layer too. This is going to take some effort to reverse engineer.

The BT adapter is always active after boot (when BT works). Its not like wifi where you need to load a module. Turning bluetooth on and off just brings the interface up/down. If you run hciconfig on a rom with working BT you can list all of the adapter properties while the interface is down. Since BT is initialised by init it should always be done before wifi is started (wifi is started by android much later).

Edit. Turns out I might be wrong. hciconfig and hcitool don't see the interface until it is enabled in android, but I'm sure I was testing my tool for patching the firmware with bluetooth down and it read the mac fine. I still have no idea why bluetooth works in aosp and not in CM6. More investigation needed.

Edited by Tom G