CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

The BT adapter is always active after boot (when BT works). Its not like wifi where you need to load a module. Turning bluetooth on and off just brings the interface up/down. If you run hciconfig on a rom with working BT you can list all of the adapter properties while the interface is down. Since BT is initialised by init it should always be done before wifi is started (wifi is started by android much later).

Hi Tom, have you put together any docs on how you ported this to the pulse, or did you follow any docs online? I've had a look at the CM source but haven't really found much useful information on porting. Are you still planning to port to the SF when it arrives?

Guest niko1986
The BT adapter is always active after boot (when BT works). Its not like wifi where you need to load a module. Turning bluetooth on and off just brings the interface up/down. If you run hciconfig on a rom with working BT you can list all of the adapter properties while the interface is down. Since BT is initialised by init it should always be done before wifi is started (wifi is started by android much later).

For some reason my BT has never worked since going from 1.5 to 2.1, or perhaps it just stopped working around then. Would this method make it difficult for connectivity on a pulse like mine?

Hi Tom, have you put together any docs on how you ported this to the pulse, or did you follow any docs online? I've had a look at the CM source but haven't really found much useful information on porting. Are you still planning to port to the SF when it arrives?

I didn't follow any docs. Some of the problems I have run into have been documented elsewhere, but there is no single source for information. Most of the knowledge needed for the CM6 port came from the aosp port. All you need is some basic programming skills and a lot of time (I don't know c/c++ which a lot of this is written in), any one can do it. Some of the users here (especially AdamBaker and Flibblesan) have been very helpful with providing information and solutions to some of the problems. It would not have come this far without the help of others here.

I will start an SF port once it gets here, but its not looking good. It should have been here by now. Maybe tomorrow.

Guest robot1000

I can't seem to install this ROM

I currently have FLB 2.1 but when I wipe in Recovery and try and flash this ROM, it flashes a couple of lines for a split second and then goes back to recovery menu.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Guest DanWilson
I can't seem to install this ROM

I currently have FLB 2.1 but when I wipe in Recovery and try and flash this ROM, it flashes a couple of lines for a split second and then goes back to recovery menu.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Fourth time...

I didn't follow any docs. Some of the problems I have run into have been documented elsewhere, but there is no single source for information. Most of the knowledge needed for the CM6 port came from the aosp port. All you need is some basic programming skills and a lot of time (I don't know c/c++ which a lot of this is written in), any one can do it. Some of the users here (especially AdamBaker and Flibblesan) have been very helpful with providing information and solutions to some of the problems. It would not have come this far without the help of others here.

I will start an SF port once it gets here, but its not looking good. It should have been here by now. Maybe tomorrow.

Did you start by copying the vendor tree for another phone and hacking that? I thought about copying the Hero tree for the SF (uses the same cpu etc) and hacking that, haven't got very far though as it seems the CM hero builds currently fail!

Guest naniteboy
su

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

That's way you will set your scaling@_governor to ondemand,

And the cpu freq will variate from 245mhz to 691mhz, depending of thee CU loading state.

and it'll result with longer battery live.

I tried this one and it works only until reboot - it seems it's set in some startup script but I can not find it :/

Any ideas about that?

Guest totiadrenalin
I tried this one and it works only until reboot - it seems it's set in some startup script but I can not find it :/

Any ideas about that?

I guess I do.

But the kernel need to be recompiled.

The best solution is to install SetCpu application from market.

Guest totiadrenalin
I guess I do.

But the kernel need to be recompiled.

The best solution is to install SetCpu application from market.

Wait!

I know how to remove this problem without the need of recompaling the kernel.

I'll make a script.

And upload it here with instructions how to.

Did you start by copying the vendor tree for another phone and hacking that? I thought about copying the Hero tree for the SF (uses the same cpu etc) and hacking that, haven't got very far though as it seems the CM hero builds currently fail!

I think the AOSP config started from a bravo config, the CM6 config started from the dream/sapphire. The AOSP config has very little of the original config left, but the CM6 one has needed much less modification. The CM6 and AOSP config are not the same (but the AOSP config could have been modified to use in CM6). In AOSP I don't use anything in /vendor, it is all in /device. CM6 uses both /vendor and /device which is why I used an existing CM6 config to modify.

Guest totiadrenalin
Wait!

I know how to remove this problem without the need of recompaling the kernel.

I'll make a script.

And upload it here with instructions how to.

Here is zip flash.

Just flash it and every time you reboot your phone the scaling-governor will be set to ondemand.

EDIT:

Sorry, but I made mistake.

No it's working.

Set_ondemand_signed_working.zip

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest stealthstealer
i encountered a very serious issue with this rom. whilst making calls, i can hear te person on the other end but they can't hear me.

getting this now all of a sudden

haven't changed anything :)

About the camera issue.

The problem is exactly in the camera app.

i can confirm this. Taking pictures with a camera app called "FxCamera" is great and has never force closed on me. it is available in the market for free!

Guest naniteboy
Here is zip flash.

Just flash it and every time you reboot your phone the scaling-governor will be set to ondemand.

EDIT:

No it's working.

Thank you - I'll try it as soon as Pulse fill up a bit of battery :) Completelly drained in 6 hours - with almost no activity :)

I'm loving CM6 generally but this hasn't made my day (or two last days :))

Guest Holograph
i can confirm this. Taking pictures with a camera app called "FxCamera" is great and has never force closed on me. it is available in the market for free!

No, the app you mention just restarts the camera once you made a photo :)

No, the app you mention just restarts the camera once you made a photo :)

Oh well.. as i long as i can take a picture without having to reboot my phone, i am happpy :)

Guest totiadrenalin

Well I wasn't thinking exactly like that.

In the logcat I saw that each camera application is calling the com.google.camera process and something .java

so when you press the shut button twice an error cames up.

It doesn't matter if you use the core camera application or any other camera application.

Something is getting busy the frame buffer.

frame_buffer=0

or something like that?!

Guest totiadrenalin

In the logcat I saw that each camera application is calling the com.google.camera process and something .java

It doesn't matter if you use the core camera application or any other camera application.

frame_buffer=0

or something like that?!

But since I flash the cm6 ported rom for pulse, I'm experience some very strange issue.

I can't see any media on my sdcard via any media application.

it doesn't matter if it's the stock gallery and music applications, or some other installed media application.

But via any file manager I can see the media stored on my sdcard.

I was thinking that I could solve this issue, but everything until now I couldn't get the solution about this bug.

Anybody experiencing the same issue like me?

The Set_ondemand script is working for me, but one my friend just tald me few minutes ago that it doesn't work for him.

You can check if it's work via the setcpu app, or in the terminal type this.

su

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

It should print "ondemand" back to the screen.

And each time you reboot the phone it should change the scaling_governor state to ondemand

Guest rulerofkaos

I had the issue with missing media in some eclair builds, too. I just cleaned the caches of media and gallery apps in the applications menu and after a reboot it worked again.

Guest Coucquité

The bugs that were reported In the begining are they the same or You fixed some of them ... ? A little Update of Known Bugs ?

You are Doing a very great Job!!

Guest flip360

frame_buffer=0

or something like that?!

i can confirm that the fc`s are happening with the android camera app only. i have tried camerafx and two other camera apps and they behave normaly (taking multiple pics, processing)

Guest totiadrenalin
Here is zip flash.

EDIT:

No it's working.

this script proves nonworking.

I wrote new script but from inside my phone.

It will have new vutures like setting manualy the cpufreq an

the scaling_governor.

But I'mnot at home now so I can't make the zip for you.

as soon as I get home I'll make the flashing zip and upload it fir you.

this script was working for me only because I split boot the boot img and

reedit the init.rc and i forgot to put the new boot.img in the zip.

Sorry folks.

I'll make it up for you.

Now with the new script you won't need to flash the boot.