CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest totiadrenalin
Okay, I've found and flashed Gapps. BUT, I can surf the web with the browset, but I'cant set my google account because it can't connect to the server . but why?

And camera don't works :'(

I've flashed 0.60 in fastboot mode. Should I use the previously mentioned flashable zip?

go to the first page of this thread.

You will find what you need to flash via fastboot.

:)

You are using the old froyo for pulse, and not the new cm6 ported rom.

Flb_oc_swap, should I use toms? Would it make a differnce?

Overclocking will reduce battery life. Setting the scaling_governor should reduce the impact, but there will still be some reduction in battery life (the CPU uses more power the faster it runs which is why it normally scales down when not in use).

This is the reason I will not include overclocking unless it can be easily disabled.

I will add swap and compcache support to the kernel in the next release.

Guest jamielockeymusic
Overclocking will reduce battery life. Setting the scaling_governor should reduce the impact, but there will still be some reduction in battery life (the CPU uses more power the faster it runs which is why it normally scales down when not in use).

This is the reason I will not include overclocking unless it can be easily disabled.

Okay!

for next release will I have to wipe the phone again? Or will it be more of an update?

Good work btw! Everything works (well that I use) just battery is annoying haha!

Guest totiadrenalin

Tom There is very easy way how to put the cpu clock to default each time you reboot the phone.

All you gonna need to put this line (echo "528000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq) into /system/etc/init.d/99complete

and add two new binary files in /system/bin/

first one called "default" and type this line in it (echo "528000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq)

And the second binary called "oc" or "overclock" or whatever you like and add this line in it: (echo "691200" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq).

And so the user could easy change the speed from default to max. just typing:

su

or

max - deppending of your choice of the name of the second binary.

But the second binary isn't very necessary because the max speed may be subject to changes and variations, depending on the developer that will re compile the kernel.

Better solution could be the SetCpu application.

And that's why it'll be good if you put Overclocking in your next release.

The compcache is very ease to be disabled from the settings.

But if we have compcache the regular swap that we use isn't gonna be very necessary thing.

Because the better solution will be the backing swap.

Best regards

TOTI

Guest igor_anta

Would you please consider releasing an additional update.zip with the same kernel but with OC enabled for the people that use it? It's a personal choice, as an addition to the release you provide. Cheers!

EDIT: I didn't see it, but Toti gave a sound explanation on how to do this.. I think :)

Edited by igor_anta

Guest totiadrenalin

And second thing.

If you include compcache without overclocking the cpu?

Well you gonna reduce the speed of the reaction of the pulse.

The compcache will use a lot of CPU power to compress and decompress the data that need to be cached in and out to and from the compcache.

So the overclocking CPU will be much better solution.

Not much.

What about 600MHZ?

it's good solution why not?

Fast enough, but less battery usage then 690MHZ?

A friend on mine, who isn't yet registered on this forum, and own PULSE phone.

He inform me that his battery has been discharged from 100% to 70% in 9H using the phone with scaling_governor set ondemand.

So I can say that it is very good.

If people want I can record a video to prove that my battery is discharging much slower than people says here on this thread two.

Tom There is very easy way how to put the cpu clock to default each time you reboot the phone.

All you gonna need to put this line (echo "528000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq) into /system/etc/init.d/99complete

and add two new binary files in /system/bin/

first one called "default" and type this line in it (echo "528000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq)

And the second binary called "oc" or "overclock" or whatever you like and add this line in it: (echo "691200" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq).

And so the user could easy change the speed from default to max. just typing:

su

or

max - deppending of your choice of the name of the second binary.

But the second binary isn't very necessary because the max speed may be subject to changes and variations, depending on the developer that will re compile the kernel.

Better solution could be the SetCpu application.

And that's why it'll be good if you put Overclocking in your next release.

The compcache is very ease to be disabled from the settings.

But if we have compcache the regular swap that we use isn't gonna be very necessary thing.

Because the better solution will be the backing swap.

Best regards

TOTI

From what I understand of how the overclocking works in flibblesan's kernel, that won't actually work. I know how to fix it so it will (and maybe it has already been done, I haven't been following the oc stuff), but until I have time to look at the source I won't be including it in any of my roms. Getting basic functions working is higher priority.

compcache worked fine at 528Mhz before. I don't see why it wouldn't now.

From what I understand of how the overclocking works in flibblesan's kernel, that won't actually work. I know how to fix it so it will (and maybe it has already been done, I haven't been following the oc stuff), but until I have time to look at the source I won't be including it in any of my roms. Getting basic functions working is higher priority.

ideos of 2.2rom Can migrate to pulse, it would be great if you can, because the current ideos has

The official 2.2 rom out

ideos of 2.2rom Can migrate to pulse, it would be great if you can, because the current ideos has

The official 2.2 rom out

Its totally different hardware, so no it won't work. From the brief look I have had at the Ideos kernel source the released code is incomplete, so I don't know if even that will be useful (but it does have u8220 bits in it).

Its totally different hardware, so no it won't work. From the brief look I have had at the Ideos kernel source the released code is incomplete, so I don't know if even that will be useful (but it does have u8220 bits in it).

tom: You recently have a better rom release? Such as better on cm6 the froyo? Your contribution to u8220

I am very impressed.

Guest InstantWater

Finally wifi and camera works :)

But I can't install any aplication neither from market, nor from apk.

Could someone tell me what should I do?

BTW thanks Tom to port CM6 to our Pulses. It's very faaaast [still without swap&a2sd&OC] :)

Finally wifi and camera works :)

But I can't install any aplication neither from market, nor from apk.

Could someone tell me what should I do?

BTW thanks Tom to port CM6 to our Pulses. It's very faaaast [still without swap&a2sd&OC] :)

If the applications you are trying to install support the froyo sd apps function they will fail. To fix set it to install to internal in the cyanogenmod settings (application setting -> Install location). Its is a known bug that I haven't looked into yet (the root cause is that we should be using a 2.6.32 kernel).

Guest Yohimbin

Hey!

It's not a big problem,but my mobile shows,it supports hungarian language,but when i change for it,stays in english.The other languages are ok.Here are lot of people from my little country,so i hope,someone can help.Anyway,i love this rom :)

Guest impalaman
Hey!

It's not a big problem,but my mobile shows,it supports hungarian language,but when i change for it,stays in english.The other languages are ok.Here are lot of people from my little country,so i hope,someone can help.Anyway,i love this rom :)

Android doesn't support Hungarian language by default.

Edited by impalaman

Guest totiadrenalin

Tom.

Here are the froyo lib files from Huawei U8150.

I don't know if this could help you?

U8150_froyo_lib.zip

I've found the problem with bluetooth. It is caused by this change to bionic.

This change is from AOSP, but isn't in the froyo-release branch, so didn't effect the AOSP froyo project. That means it will in future effect the AOSP stable code as well. It causes a seg fault in hci_qcomm_init. It looks like hci_qcomm_init from other qualcomm based devices will work on the pulse, but at the moment all devices we have access to roms for are running code based on froyo-release at the latests, so there is nowhere to get a version of hci_qcomm_init that works with the bionic change.

Reverting the commit fixes the problems, but this change to sh also needs to be reverted and some changes to mksh are needed. At the moment I have removed mksh from my code to simplify testing, but it should be easy enough to fix.

My Blade has finally arrived, so it will probably keep me busy for a while. I will try to get a new Pulse CM6 rom out in the next few days.

Guest primo007
I've found the problem with bluetooth. It is caused by this change to bionic.

This change is from AOSP, but isn't in the froyo-release branch, so didn't effect the AOSP froyo project. That means it will in future effect the AOSP stable code as well. It causes a seg fault in hci_qcomm_init. It looks like hci_qcomm_init from other qualcomm based devices will work on the pulse, but at the moment all devices we have access to roms for are running code based on froyo-release at the latests, so there is nowhere to get a version of hci_qcomm_init that works with the bionic change.

Reverting the commit fixes the problems, but this change to sh also needs to be reverted and some changes to mksh are needed. At the moment I have removed mksh from my code to simplify testing, but it should be easy enough to fix.

My Blade has finally arrived, so it will probably keep me busy for a while. I will try to get a new Pulse CM6 rom out in the next few days.

That's good news and thank you not forgetting the Pulse. I believe you are the only hope for the Pulse community getting a perfect CM6 (7-8-9 etc :)

Well done, Tom, look forward to your latest Rom, the new rom will be a more pure, or as official as there will be more determined

System, pure version of personal preference, ha ha

Guest rulerofkaos

I had battery issues with CM6, always after I connected to PC something was draining my battery very much, after a restart it was OK. Any ideas?

Edited by rulerofkaos