CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Your phone should at least boot up, so there might be another reason for your problem. Also you shouldn't need to do a wipe, so try again if you have time but without wiping & with compcache disabled to start with.

no, same. ok lets wait if someone else has this prob too.

Guest thisweb

So any more verdicts on compcache vs swap. With swap and overclock works very well so not sure I want to upgrade to compcache if its worse. Really want to get to bottom of thsi question tho. Paul used compcache in 1.8 MCR. ???

Guest thisweb

@TomG, now you've fixed most of the bugs fancy a go at getting that MIUI project going? That would be awsome, can it be based on CM6 or is it a whole rewrite?

Guest igor_anta
@TomG, now you've fixed most of the bugs fancy a go at getting that MIUI project going? That would be awsome, can it be based on CM6 or is it a whole rewrite?

That's not that easy. All the apps and framework files need to be ported to mdpi since there are only hdpi versions for now. Once there's a mdpi version of MIUI it will be possible. BTW starkos your OC kernel is working like a charm, compcache enabled and all :P Cheers!

Both swap & compcache are recorded as swap using free. When disabling compcahce, nothing was using swap. A swap partition is just that, a partition. You still need to activate the use of it, either through CM6 settings for compcache, or for plain swap using a script (that's what I've always done), or get an app to do it for you - a lot of people talk about swapper or something. Hope that makes a little sense :P

cat /proc/swaps will show which indiviual swap devices are available.

Hi Guys,

I've noticed that the file init.qcom.rc in root directory has the "^M" at the end of each line. This is tipically generated by Windows Notepad when a file is modified then saved.

I know that files which contain the "^M" cannot be read or can be misread. You can find the "^M" only through the vi editor.

My question: does anyone how to modify that file? Through adb pull and adb push process?

Thank you.

Petz

I edit everything in nano. It hasn't caused any problems yet. My advise is don't use vi (I mean why would you).

Guest starkos

2 questions for everyone using 0.3:

1) Does the sound recorder app show? I can see it in /system/app/ but not in the app draw (not talking about speech recorder, I can see that)

2) Has any one else lost album art since the upgrade like me? Any ideas how I can solve it as I'm at an end with it...

Edited by starkos

Guest flip360
Can you share that repacked ROM with us? :P

Its the same rom from Tom but with oc image and JIT added :D

@starkos: the older oc image caused reboots again so i replaced with the new one, will test this out:)

Edited by flip360

Guest bedevil99
Ok thanks.

I will try. Before I was using flb 1.5. So you think I have to flash again 2.1UK even I used flb 1.5 ?

Well I had trouble doing it just from FLB 1.7 and anyway I does only take a few more minutes so I guess you should do it

Guest flip360
The CM6_0.3.oc.kernel.patched_signed.zip seems to work fine :P Thanks a bunch :D

Can anyone tell me how I can verify that SWAP and/or compcache are working?

JIT an OC can be checked with linpack, right?

jit with linpack setcpu for oc

Edited by flip360

Guest scoobydoo99

I'm looking to upgrade from FLB 1.7 to CM6 0.3, I've a couple of questions regards the instructions.

Step 4, reboot into recovery - can I now do this direct from the clockworkmod application?

Step 9, how do I wipe/data?

Instructions

These instruction are only for release 0.3 and later. For earlier releases you must use fastboot.

1. Install a customised recovery image if you haven't already. AmonRa or Clockwork (I have only tested with Clockwork).

2. Download both the rom zip file and the gapps zip file.

3. Copy both zip files to your sd card. This can be done my removing the sd card and putting it into a pc, or mounting it while it is in the phone, or using 'adb push <file> /sdcard/'.

4. Reboot into recovery.

5. Make a nandroid backup so you can revert if necessary.

6. Install first the rom using the install update from sd card option.

8. Next install GApps the same way.

9. If you were not previously using a CyanogenMod rom you MUST wipe /data/.

10. Reboot.

I am having trouble flashing the a2sd update (dtapps2sd-2.7.5-rc3c-signed.zip), i understand it should go after the 0.30 rom and before the gapps zip file but I keep getting the following error:

E: cant chown/mod /system/bin/fixa2sd (no such file or directory)

E: Failure at line 47: set_perm 0 0 0777 SYSTEM:bin/fixa2sd

Installation aborted

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

I am having trouble flashing the a2sd update (dtapps2sd-2.7.5-rc3c-signed.zip), i understand it should go after the 0.30 rom and before the gapps zip file but I keep getting the following error:

E: cant chown/mod /system/bin/fixa2sd (no such file or directory)

E: Failure at line 47: set_perm 0 0 0777 SYSTEM:bin/fixa2sd

Installation aborted

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

format /system in recovery, reflash 0.30 and boot, then go to recovery and flash a2sd

Guest igor_anta

I seem to have Market issues :P After one successful download everything else fails. Can someone upload me the apk's for AppBrain and FastWebInstaller or tell me a fix for this. Cheers!

Guest Pq2son2
I applied the compcache patch to the kernel that Tom used & it appears to now work without re-boots! Been playing with it for the last 10 mins and it's running very nicely. So the attached kernel has the usual over clocking ability up to 710Mhz and compatibility with compcache.

Just because it works for me it doesn't mean it will for you!

Make sure you do a nand/bart backup first!

All the people who had re-booting issues before, it would be great to hear if this now works for you.

And on a side note, I deleted my swap script & used just compcache & I think I may prefer it! What's everyone else's opinion on swap vs compcache who flash this kernel & have tried both??

CM6_0.3.oc.kernel.patched_signed.zip

I detect possible Bug in this Kernel, with CM6 0.30 default Kernel I don't have troubles with Wifi. Now, all the time the Wifi adapter (when I activate it) tells me "obtaining IP" -> "Turning off" -> "Obtaining IP" -> ...

Any one can confirm? Thanks

Guest JimJam707
I seem to have Market issues :P After one successful download everything else fails. Can someone upload me the apk's for AppBrain and FastWebInstaller or tell me a fix for this. Cheers!

It's googles problem.

I'm experiencing it on my Spica.

format /system in recovery, reflash 0.30 and boot, then go to recovery and flash a2sd

THANKS ogiogi! that sorted out that problem, now i'm stick at 'ANDROID' on boot, will keep trying :P

Guest bezelbu

Ok that 5k score at linpack got me excites as hell :P, even do i tought flb 1.7 oc was the pinnacle i'm goin to join the cm train for good. Just have a couple of questions if u could lend me a hand (mainly starkos)

So im runnin a class6 sd lets assume i do a fresh format to fat32 what should i set up in clockwork (in 1.7 i had 64 swap 512 ext3) for best performance with the oc kernel?

Do i flash the oc first then cm/a2sd/gapps or whats the order?

Thanx for all the hard work in gettin the last drop of blood out of this little chinese toy... funny i have a brand new galaxy s looking at me sayin when are u goin to put a sim card in and leave that kirf piece of crap alone....i'm super-amoled hot.

Guest starkos
2 questions for everyone using 0.3:

1) Does the sound recorder app show? I can see it in /system/app/ but not in the app draw (not talking about speech recorder, I can see that)

2) Has any one else lost album art since the upgrade like me? Any ideas how I can solve it as I'm at an end with it...

There's definitely a problem with tracks with embedded album artwork on 0.3. Restored a 0.2 backup and it picked up album art of any new track, after a fresh flash of 0.3 all album artwork gone! Hopefully when/if there's another update it will fix it, music widget looks crap without it lol :P

Guest totiadrenalin

But I strongly sugest to use swappiness 60

Because only when the swap partition is used then the applications will stay in background when you press the red button.

For that just ad this line at the end of the 06swap script:

After the last fi;

echo 60 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness:

Wish you the best Guys.

Is the new Blue theme ready?

And I wish that even more themes will be ready for the new CM6 froyo for pulse.

I can upload my script now, But without any working theme you will not be able to test it.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin