CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest pavlis42
I haven't looked for a while, but I think it wants /dev/device-mapper, which is new in 2.6.32. There was also a fall back for older kernels, but similar to the vold sdcard mapping it looks like that is broken, so the options are to fix the fall back for when device-mapper is unavailable or backport device-mapper. I haven't looked much at this problem, so I could be totally wrong.

Edit. it looks like device-mapper is actually in 2.6.29, its just not enabled. I will try it.

PS. I don't kow what usb tethering needs.

any news regarding the tether app? thx

Guest totiadrenalin
??? Please help me understand why that is true. I know there are many of us who are using DT A2SD, me included, so I don't know why that person couldn't. I want to understand how you reached that conclusion.

I guess so.

I didn't fall on any conclusion.

I just can't see the service a2sd /system/bin/a2sd

disable

oneshot

This service is need to be added in init.rc to triger the DTa2sd script on start.

Not only 04apps2sd in /system/etc/init.d/

that's why when you type a2sd check in the terminal at ti end line you can read init.rc patched.

The Ext partition is mounting by 05mountsd also in /system/etc/init.d/

Also this rom supports ext3 file system types.

Guest totiadrenalin
"also I guess that you won't be able to use the standard DTa2sd."

It's not true. :P I find out what is the problem: CM6 and GApps together is too big, there's no place left in system to flash successfully the Darktremor script.

I deleted some unneeded apps from CM6 (calculator, and more) and GApps package (Maps, office app) aswell, these are replaceable and installable from Market.

After this my setup is the following (DO A NAND BACKUP BEFORE):......

......Krinyo

You don't need to delete them!

Just move them on the /data/app/

it's so easy to be done in recovery via adb.

you can use cp or mv command.

What ever?!

any news regarding the tether app? thx

This tethering is strange.

We repeat it here that tethering requires 2.6.32 kernel.

Meanwhile since my Pulse is on repair, I use an old G1 with an 1.6 custom rom, .29 kernel, and it contains USB tethering.

Edit: it is implemented in Cyanogen 5. Okay, it is a modified kernel, but probably it is not so special thing

Edited by gusthy

Guest Alcarne

I don't know if anyone else has this problem. When the phone restarts I lose the log in details for some applications moved to SD. Facebook is fine but Twitter and Last.fm I have to log in everytime. :P

Edit: Now I signed into Twitter and Facebook has kicked me out!

Edited by Alcarne

Guest pavlis42
This tethering is strange.

We repeat it here that tethering requires 2.6.32 kernel.

Meanwhile since my Pulse is on repair, I use an old G1 with an 1.6 custom rom, .29 kernel, and it contains USB tethering.

Edit: it is implemented in Cyanogen 5. Okay, it is a modified kernel, but probably it is not so special thing

yes i know, but i thought if we move forward. I dont know if somebody plan to build rom based on 2.6.32 kernel. As you wrote it is not necessary to have 32 kernel, but only add support for tethering to the current one. This is almost only one thing which annoy me.

Edited by pavlis42

Guest totiadrenalin
yes i know, but i thought if we move forward. I dont know if somebody plan to build rom based on 2.6.32 kernel. As you wrote it is not necessary to have 32 kernel, but only add support for tethering to the current one. This is almost only one thing which annoy me.

So only tethering left?

And we have our Pulse builded up with everything that we want and need.

NICE :P

Also I personally think that we get the ultimate of our Pulse with this rom.

Thank you TOM G!!!!!

God bless you man.

You don't need to delete them!

Just move them on the /data/app/

it's so easy to be done in recovery via adb.

you can use cp or mv command.

What ever?!

ADB is not so easy than delete some apks from the zip before flashing. :P

Guest rulerofkaos

But you can create a .bat file or equal on linux and it's easy with adb, too.

I guess so.

I didn't fall on any conclusion.

I just can't see the service a2sd /system/bin/a2sd

disable

oneshot

This service is need to be added in init.rc to triger the DTa2sd script on start.

Not only 04apps2sd in /system/etc/init.d/

that's why when you type a2sd check in the terminal at ti end line you can read init.rc patched.

The Ext partition is mounting by 05mountsd also in /system/etc/init.d/

Also this rom supports ext3 file system types.

LOL. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it won't work. Maybe there are things happening you haven't yet learned about? I don't know.

But what I do know is that there were plenty of us already using DT A2SD, and we had posted about it long before you told that person he couldn't do it.

Please do keep the useful information coming. You do have plenty to contribute, even if you aren't right 100% of the time. :P

+1

Yes, and it's an easy way to make your own mod before you even start using the original.

(Of course you can make a mess of it either way as well. )

Guest fredewis

hi guys how stable is this rom wat are the advantages wat are the known bugs how does it compare to flb 1.7oc swap and jit? can this be answer plz many thankz looking to change roms .

Guest karlosoliveira

i have see the cpu statement and it jumps from 245 to the max always independent of the cpu loading.

its possible to have a better and less "extreme" cpu governor to jump up the speed only when have a bigger cpu loading? a better management?

i gess this is the point for the big battery drain.

Guest totiadrenalin
i have see the cpu statement and it jumps from 245 to the max always independent of the cpu loading.

its possible to have a better and less "extreme" cpu governor to jump up the speed only when have a bigger cpu loading? a better management?

i gess this is the point for the big battery drain.

Will somebody give me a link of busybox which suppord unzip -d and unzip -l ?

I need it badly for my theme install script.

I can not unzip the theme and copy the files.

Please........

:P

I think if we could build a .29 kernel and a Froyo built upon it that supports usb tether, then we are moving forward :P:)

hi guys how stable is this rom wat are the advantages wat are the known bugs how does it compare to flb 1.7oc swap and jit? can this be answer plz many thankz looking to change roms .

In my opinion it is way better than 2.1. Much-much faster, swaps better, runs jit stable.

The biggest improvement is performance - it doesn't slow down even with large swap, so you can multitask better than ever.

It has some additional features like zoomable gmail, better Exchange synchronization, native A2SD, better Market with automatic update feature etc.

It is possible to overclock it same way as 2.1.

It has minor bugs like mac address issue with WiFi, Gallery and stock Camera app bug.

The mac address problem isn't an issue for most of the users, there are lots of Camera apps in Market that work well.

Gallery has to be replaced from previous release, then works fine.

Otherwise it is perfect, so with minimal handwork this is the best Android for Pulse.

So only tethering left?

Thank you TOM G!!!!!

God bless you man.

It is only USB tethering, wifi tethering works fine with Barnacle.

Guest pavlis42
So only tethering left?

Thank you TOM G!!!!!

God bless you man.

i agree with you, i dont want to say something diferent. of course thank you very much TOM and anothers.

the rom is really ultimate and big progress we can see.

only the (mainly usb) tethering is a future which is still mising for me, because i am using it every day and i must use proxoid and it is not perfect. So this is only reason why i am still asking for froyo tether app.

Guest protocold
The mac address problem isn't an issue for most of the users, there are lots of Camera apps in Market that work well.

Gallery has to be replaced from previous release, then works fine.

Otherwise it is perfect, so with minimal handwork this is the best Android for Pulse.

Can you possibly pls post the apk for the Gallery from previous release and also recommend a good camera apps as replacement for the default one?

Hello,

i get the following error when i try to flash the 0.30 froyo beta

assert failled: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img". "boot")

e:/error in /sdcard/cm6.1-rc0-pulse-beta-0.30.zip

(status 7)

installation aborted.

checked the zip file on sd-card, 7zip tell me no crc error!

when i flash v 0.20 through fastboot everything work fine...

how i get an fastboot-version for 0.30 ?

does i need anything before i flash to 0.30

step:

- i have a new pulse phone (change from t-mobile)

- now i have flashed the 1.5 firmware to 2.1 uk

- now i boot recovery clock mod 2.5.0.4

- now i will flash pulse 0.30 froyo --- error --- see message above

Are you sure your using clockwork recovery. Thats the error you would get with AmonRA.

Hmm, I haven't seen a bug using gallery. What is the bug? What goes wrong with it? :P

The gallery for me, is very sluggish and slow, Takes a while to load pictures also.

Maybe thats just me, but if not, It's very annoying!