CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

i need to type in chinese for sms, how can i make touchpal as default input method

Have you installed Touchpal? If so, hold your finger on any text entry field until the dialog box pops up. Slide to the bottom and click on Input Method. Choose Touchpal and it will be the default until you change it again.

If you don't have Touchpal installed, it is in the Market.

Guest primo007
Are you sure your using clockwork recovery. Thats the error you would get with AmonRA.

First of all I would like to thank you for you amazing work Tom G. Your CM port is awesome!

Second: I just noticed, that CM 6.1 RC1 is out. Do you plan to make a release based on that?

First of all I would like to thank you for you amazing work Tom G. Your CM port is awesome!

Second: I just noticed, that CM 6.1 RC1 is out. Do you plan to make a release based on that?

My roms are always based on the current CyanogenMod git code at the time of release. I know they do announce things as RC# but the git code is always changing and they don't tag the releases, so it impossible to know which code belongs to a release & release numbers really mean nothing. The last tagged release on github is CM-6.0.0-RC1, which is from some time ago.

I will release an update at some time, but I doubt much has changed since the last release. I will also have a talk to the cyanogenmod devs about getting this officially included in cm and see about getting the code onto the cyanogenmod git repository. If they dont want it included then I will put it on my own github account.

Edited by Tom G

Guest starkos
My roms are always based on the current CyanogenMod git code at the time of release. I know they do announce things as RC# but the git code is always changing and they don't tag the releases, so it impossible to know which code belongs to a release & release numbers really mean nothing. The last tagged release on github is CM-6.0.0-RC1, which is from some time ago.

I will release an update at some time, but I doubt much has changed since the last release. I will also have a talk to the cyanogenmod devs about getting this officially included in cm and see about getting the code onto the cyanogenmod git repository. If they dont want it included then I will put it on my own github account.

Sounds great Tom, & thanks again for all the hard work you've been putting into this! :P

Guest flip360

will there be a reason for them not to include it?

Thanks Tom

Guest vladimir.mitevski

Does anybody experience difference between .20 and .30? For me there is big difference in performance, because I get FC and freezes every 10 min in CM.30. In .20 everything was working fine (except BT and camera) and the performance were amazing. Is there any way I can update from .20 to .30 only with the fixes? Or maybe I get wrong something with the installation, swap, compcache etc.... I couldn't find step by step guide for CM.

Guest SonMauri
Does anybody experience difference between .20 and .30? For me there is big difference in performance, because I get FC and freezes every 10 min in CM.30. In .20 everything was working fine (except BT and camera) and the performance were amazing. Is there any way I can update from .20 to .30 only with the fixes? Or maybe I get wrong something with the installation, swap, compcache etc.... I couldn't find step by step guide for CM.

I also find 0.30 more sluggish than 0.20 but the app2sd is worth the performance impact.

Can you possibly pls post the apk for the Gallery from previous release and also recommend a good camera apps as replacement for the default one?

Sleek Camera, Camera Magic

Guest impalaman

The stock camera app works with UXGA resolution setting. I shooted four pictures with it, and i haved no FC-s. The situation is same with other camera apps, when you set the resolution to highest, they will fc-ing after one picture.

Hey Guys!

Just new on the forum but a very happy ROM user you all provide.

Can't wait for a fully working Froyo Rom for the Pulse.

Keep up the good work!

Greets.

TOM G do you have the verzion 0.30 with fastboot mode like the verzion 0.20?

if you have them can you upload them somewhere

Edited by Nerooo

The stock camera app works with UXGA resolution setting. I shooted four pictures with it, and i haved no FC-s. The situation is same with other camera apps, when you set the resolution to highest, they will fc-ing after one picture.

Thanks for that information. That explains why other people are recommending camera apps that I have tried and found that they also FC'ed. I am now using Camera Advance LITE, and it works fine. But after reading your post, it seems that it works because the max resolution is 2 megapixels, not the full resolution.

Guest InstantWater

Thanks maaan :) It REALLY WORKS! Wooo :)

it works very good with the camera settings "2MP".

Thx

Sorry guys I am new in all this but i done all this and for me now everything (or most important things) are working just fine and much, buch faster..

I love it..

But I have one big problem and dont know what to do, so PLEASE someone help me with answer and solution what to do..

I DONT HAVE that android market icon.. So i cant enter it and download neccecery apps..

Please how to "get that icon" ??

Thank you all...

Guest MarcellesWolles

Just a BIG THANKS to Tom. The performance is awesome. I have the V0.3 with the Dalvik moved to sd. Comp and swap are disabled.

Good work :) :) :( :( :( :lol:

Sorry guys I am new in all this but i done all this and for me now everything (or most important things) are working just fine and much, buch faster..

I love it..

But I have one big problem and dont know what to do, so PLEASE someone help me with answer and solution what to do..

I DONT HAVE that android market icon.. So i cant enter it and download neccecery apps..

Thank you all...

Seems to have been somewhat common problem. I can only suggest you look back through the last 15 or so pages of this thread and see what others did to solve it.

I love it..

Thank you all...

flibblesan created a GApps zip especially for the pulse

you can download it from here:

http://www.flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/...0930-signed.zip

if that doesnt work then try the "tiny Gapps":

http://www.flibblesan.co.uk/android/froyo/...0930-signed.zip

Guest totiadrenalin
Thanks a lot and sorry..

I Give a try to the Dark Tremor a2sd.

Anything was perfect like the preview android releases.

But I get a big problem when I try update all. from the market app.

The phone stock, and reboot.

I try once again to update all applications, and again the same.

Format data partition from clockwork mod, and restore the data image.

and try once again without dt2asd, but force the apps to use the build in froyo a2sd.

No problems with reboots enymore.

I have kingston 4gb class6 sdcard.

So I guess that the sdcard isn't the reason for the problem.

Can anybody tell me what did I get wrong?

I Give a try to the Dark Tremor a2sd.

Can anybody tell me what did I get wrong?

I see that you are quoteing me, so I dont understand do you expect some answer from me..? :)

I really dont have a clue what could be a problem..

For me as I said before everything work perfectly for now.. (when I instal something like this /new ROM I wipe absolutely everything from phone and than start new istalation - never had problems after of any kind (FLB almost all mods, now this)) I already had update from the start of this topic (where is rom beta and GApps signed zip) but I did not have Andrid market, G talk - "icons"..

Then I used what mr.a sugested (Thanks again mr.a ) - "tiny Gapps" - and everything works great now and I have to say it again - everything works with LIGHTNING SPEED.. ( THANKS Tom)

Only little thing which, as I can see for now is not working - is on dial pad.. When I am trying to call someone and want to use dial pad for searching contact - it's not working.. Its not showing any names..

(I hope some of you know what I want to say and trying to explane)