CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest goce.nakov
I see that you are quoteing me, so I dont understand do you expect some answer from me..? :)

I really dont have a clue what could be a problem..

For me as I said before everything work perfectly for now.. (when I instal something like this /new ROM I wipe absolutely everything from phone and than start new istalation - never had problems after of any kind (FLB almost all mods, now this)) I already had update from the start of this topic (where is rom beta and GApps signed zip) but I did not have Andrid market, G talk - "icons"..

Then I used what mr.a sugested (Thanks again mr.a ) - "tiny Gapps" - and everything works great now and I have to say it again - everything works with LIGHTNING SPEED.. ( THANKS Tom)

Only little thing which, as I can see for now is not working - is on dial pad.. When I am trying to call someone and want to use dial pad for searching contact - it's not working.. Its not showing any names..

(I hope some of you know what I want to say and trying to explane)

It doesn't have T9 prediction, that's it

Guest totiadrenalin
I see that you are quoteing me, so I dont understand do you expect some answer from me..? :)

I really dont have a clue what could be a problem..

For me as I said before everything work perfectly for now.. (when I instal something like this /new ROM I wipe absolutely everything from phone and than start new istalation - never had problems after of any kind (FLB almost all mods, now this)) I already had update from the start of this topic (where is rom beta and GApps signed zip) but I did not have Andrid market, G talk - "icons"..

Then I used what mr.a sugested (Thanks again mr.a ) - "tiny Gapps" - and everything works great now and I have to say it again - everything works with LIGHTNING SPEED.. ( THANKS Tom)

Only little thing which, as I can see for now is not working - is on dial pad.. When I am trying to call someone and want to use dial pad for searching contact - it's not working.. Its not showing any names..

(I hope some of you know what I want to say and trying to explane)

Ok.

Firs I want to apologize you for quoting you.

But second.

First I move :

RomManager.apk;

Twitter.apk;

and

facebook.apk to /data/app/

And then flash the dta2sd.

Maybe I'm using old version of the dta2sd?

I'll try again.

Thanks for the advise anyway.

And a Anyway, if you accept this as a answer?

The dialpad is working for me.

I call to T-Mobile service centre for example, and after that call up the dialpad.

It's woarking. it is dialing the digits.

Edit:

I'm sorry if I make some writing mistakes, but I'm writing from my phone.

REEDIT:

I found the reason that cause the reboot when I try to update all in marked.

I forgot that I have 124 apps in /sd-ext/app/ before installing the last release of this rom.

And near half of them wore ready for update.

LOL.

Sorry for bor ring you with this guys.

I admit that dta2sd is working perfectly.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
It doesn't have T9 prediction, that's it

In that case use the stock froyo Phone application.

I hope so that the froyo phone app from flbmod froyo rom will fit.

Guest goce.nakov
In that case use the stock froyo Phone application.

I hope so that the froyo phone app from flbmod froyo rom will fit.

It is stock Froyo phone app....I don't know what you mean buy that.....the RedBull phone.apk in 2.1 have t9 prediction but I doubt will fit in 2.2

Guest totiadrenalin
It is stock Froyo phone app....I don't know what you mean buy that.....the RedBull phone.apk in 2.1 have t9 prediction but I doubt will fit in 2.2

This is SDK8.

I doubt to.

And that apps should be for sdk7.

try dialor one from the market:

dialer One is smart multilingual T9 like dialer application.

*Speed dial

*Call log grouped by contact

*Send contact

*Customizable

*Swipe between screens

*Tone dial

*Export calls

*Simultaneous search on calls and contacts on two languages

Edited by emvau

I can 't set number of the screens in ADW-options. I don't really need 5 screens. I would prefer having 2 or 3. Possible?

BTW: Installed 70 Apps meanwhile and my Pulse ist still very fast. I use a2sd for Apps and Dalvik on sd, Swapper with Swap-File 64MB and of course some overclock and jit and compcache. This is almost my final setup and really appreciate Tom's CM03. It is the most "final-rom" i ever had on my pulse. FLB startet random rebooting and hanging by time, especially when i used all the performance tweaks... but not with this rom...

The only app, wich hangs very often, is the market. No more restarts of ADW, as home-app has to stay in memory (CM-settings). All in all it's just .... WoW....

Edited by emvau

ok this is my first post and would like to try CynogenMod6 on my pulse. I have been reading through the posts on this thread and many others, but seem to be stuck at the start.

I had already installed 2.1 (uk) when I first got the pulse (about 8 weeks ago), no problem there.

I have tried to install the drivers for XP, but these no longer seem to work with 2.1 installed (I've noticed this seems to be a common problem, with no real solution). Anyway I have an ubuntu based laptop, and have been able to 'talk' my pulse and tried fastboot via a terminal and it works fine. So at least I can connect it to a PC.

But to install clockwork / use rom manage I need root access? This is where I get stuck, what do I need to do to achieve this given I'm on 2.1, help would be very much appreciated.

Guest starkos
I can 't set number of the screens in ADW-options. I don't really need 5 screens. I would prefer having 2 or 3. Possible?

From home screen press 'Menu' then 'Edit'...

Can any developer inform us about the status of the port? Is there a website on google.code or elsewhere about the project's whereabouts?

When shall we expect the next download/release (0.40 presumably)?

Guest DanWilson
Can any developer inform us about the status of the port? Is there a website on google.code or elsewhere about the project's whereabouts?

When shall we expect the next download/release (0.40 presumably)?

IF there is a new update, it will be 0.40. Unless Tom decides that this isn't a beta anymore.

Yes. It's a beta.

I say if because I don't think there is much else Tom needs to / can do.

This is an almost fully working ROM. Built from scratch -ish with a base from a beta ROM. I am amazed sometimes on MoDaCo.

Although, I do believe that Tom said that if the MIUI ROM gets ported to MDPI (Our screen size) he'll port it for the Pulse.

So... Who wants to try it? :)

Also, there is only one dev. Everyone else just tells Tom what to do, or edits some of it. All in a good way. :)

try dialor one from the market:

dialer One is smart multilingual T9 like dialer application.

*Speed dial

*Call log grouped by contact

*Send contact

*Customizable

*Swipe between screens

*Tone dial

*Export calls

*Simultaneous search on calls and contacts on two languages

Yes it's working with this one.. Thanks for suggestion..

Guest totiadrenalin
ok this is my first post and would like to try CynogenMod6 on my pulse. I have been reading through the posts on this thread and many others, but seem to be stuck at the start.

I had already installed 2.1 (uk) when I first got the pulse (about 8 weeks ago), no problem there.

I have tried to install the drivers for XP, but these no longer seem to work with 2.1 installed (I've noticed this seems to be a common problem, with no real solution). Anyway I have an ubuntu based laptop, and have been able to 'talk' my pulse and tried fastboot via a terminal and it works fine. So at least I can connect it to a PC.

But to install clockwork / use rom manage I need root access? This is where I get stuck, what do I need to do to achieve this given I'm on 2.1, help would be very much appreciated.

First.

Turnoff your phone, and boot it in fastboot mode.

then connect it to pc. download this.AmonRa recovery

and if you are on linux - ubuntu, then:

unzip this.

in the terminal type.

sudo ./fastboot-linux

And that's it.

next partition your sdcard if you want to use dta2sd and swap?

well you can partition your sdcard to:

64MB swap partition

256MB ext partition.

This rom support ext3 partition.

in that case you could use upgrade to ext3

After copy the CM6 rom on from the first page, and the Gapps in the root directorium of the sdcard.

And also if you want to use dta2sd then you will find it somewhere on this thread.

And just flash them throw the recovery.

Maybe you want to use the overclocked boot.img?

well also find it somewhere on this thread.

But I will recomend you the 614<MhZ by default kernel.

Flash in this order then.

1st.

The cm6 rom_030.zip

2nd.

the overclocked kernel.zip - optional.

3th.

dta2sd.zip also optional.

4th.

Gapps_tiny.zip

and finaly reboot.

next stage.

With this rom you will have the native buildin froyo apps2sd.

compcache.

and if you partition your sdcard with swap, and - or ext partition?

well you will have dta2sd and swap.

but the swapp partition won't be in use by default.

you can add a script in /system/etc/init.rd/ to swapon the swap partition: (/dev/block/mmcblk0p3)

after you flash everything, open the terminal and type:

su

mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

and you will swapon the swap partition.

or just make your own binary?

name it swap for example.

put the same code inside it without su.

and put it in /system/bin/

chmod 777 /system/bin/swap

or chmod 755 /system/bin/swap

If you understand me, well don't thansk me.

That's why this comunity is here?

to help eachothers.

Edited by Paul

I hope this will help you guys.

Ok, so I did as u said there, but I got stucked somewhere at the point after flashing DT a2sd...

What do I do next? I see that it won't mount the ext partition so it won't move the dalivk cache to the sd card.

Guest totiadrenalin
Ok, so I did as u said there, but I got stucked somewhere at the point after flashing DT a2sd...

What do I do next? I see that it won't mount the ext partition so it won't move the dalivk cache to the sd card.

via adb in recovery mod.

cp /system/app/RomManager.apk /data/app/RomManager.apk

rm /system/app/RomManager.apk

and flash the dta2sd zip again.

Guest totiadrenalin

Ha?

strange?

I can see the /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 mounted on /sd-ext/

and even see all the apps and dalvik-cache in it.

I don't know what could be the reason for not mounting the ext partition?

Ha?

strange?

I can see the /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 mounted on /sd-ext/

and even see all the apps and dalvik-cache in it.

I don't know what could be the reason for not mounting the ext partition?

It did the same thing even on a flb mod (eather way on 1 or 2) and now on CM6.

I can see the ext partition on Ubuntu, I can see it with root explorer on the phone, but DT can't use it. :S

well you will have dta2sd and swap.

but the swapp partition won't be in use by default.

you can add a script in /system/etc/init.rd/ to swapon the swap partition: (/dev/block/mmcblk0p3)

after you flash everything, open the terminal and type:

su

mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

and you will swapon the swap partition.

or just make your own binary?

name it swap for example.

put the same code inside it without su.

and put it in /system/bin/

chmod 777 /system/bin/swap

or chmod 755 /system/bin/swap

Are you sure that the swap partition won't be in use by default if someone has successfully added DT A2SD?

At the moment I'm doing other experimentation with another rom, so I can't check to verify. But I believe that swap was on after DT installation on my phone. If I recall correctly, there was evidence of it in use by issuing the "free" command. (I might be wrong about which command I issued.)

Am I wrong about that? Is there some more accurate way to verify if swap is on?

Maybe that explains why some people are not seeing the benefits of swap? I don't know, but I am curious.