CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest totiadrenalin
Are you sure that the swap partition won't be in use by default if someone has successfully added DT A2SD?

At the moment I'm doing other experimentation with another rom, so I can't check to verify. But I believe that swap was on after DT installation on my phone. If I recall correctly, there was evidence of it in use by issuing the "free" command. (I might be wrong about which command I issued.)

Am I wrong about that? Is there some more accurate way to verify if swap is on?

Maybe that explains why some people are not seeing the benefits of swap? I don't know, but I am curious.

ha!

In that case yes.

It will be in use.

I was talking about dta2sd as optional.

In that case if you don't use dta2sd, then the swap partition will not swapon.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
Are you sure that the swap partition won't be in use by default if someone has successfully added DT A2SD?

At the moment I'm doing other experimentation with another rom, so I can't check to verify. But I believe that swap was on after DT installation on my phone. If I recall correctly, there was evidence of it in use by issuing the "free" command. (I might be wrong about which command I issued.)

Maybe that explains why some people are not seeing the benefits of swap? I don't know, but I am curious.

Very simply way to check if swap is working, even without dta2sd.

cat /proc/swaps

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

Let me explain something very interesting.

If you use compcache, and swap.

to experience the benefits of both compcache and swap then you will firs have to overload the compcache.

so the swap will initiate and start loading

by typing cat /proc/swaps in terminal

you will be able to check do u use swap or compcache or both, and is the swap loaded.

/dev/block/ramzswap0 is compcache

and

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 is the swap partition.

to start the swap loading - caching, start as many apps as you can and end them with the red button.

or maybe use bigger swappiness.

if you use dta2sd you know how to do that.

and if you not?

well?

echo ** > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

where ** is the swappiness amount.

Best Regards

TOTI

Guest thisweb

Why is froyo a2sd in 0.30 better than using DTremor a2sd. Are ther any performance differences. I am trying to decide if I should upgrade to 0.3 from 0.2? Some seem to suggest there is a performance decrease. Also is there a OC kernal for 0.3 version yet?

Guest megazoid2k

Hi all

managed to install this new rom on my device and everything seem great except i can't get pcsuite to recognize the device so i can't sync my contacts and calader to the phone from outlook, the phones drivers are all installed ok in device manager (running Windows 7) tried the android 2.1 driver also found in another thread for win7, am i missing something on my phone or a different piece of software for the pc.

Regards

Chris

Guest Schwertfish

If you have trouble with the wifi not reconnecting after waking the phone from sleep, I found that the (very creatively named) app "WiFi Auto ReEnabler" does a pretty good job of fixing that. It just disables and reenables the wifi when it isn't connected after waking. It also has a mode to "re-associate", whatever that is, but that also works for me.

Appbrain link: http://www.appbrain.com/app/wifi-auto-reen...a.wifireenabler

Guest Elmo108
This is the stock launcher of FLB-mod 2, I tested it with CM6 0.2, I just installed it with a file explorer.

Launcher2.apk.zip

9. If you were not previously using a CyanogenMod rom you MUST wipe /data/.

rly? after installing the rom? :)

Edited by Elmo108

Guest protocold

run into another minor bug, not sure if it is just me.

But when i go to Settings, Applications,Manage applications and then uninstall any app, when it is done, the timer will stick and wont disappear.

Edited by protocold

will this work on Huawei u8100?

No, but is probably wouldn't be too hard to get it working on the U8100. Unfortunitely I don't have one, so unless someone wants to send me one I can't really help.

Guest fanyuxiao
No, but is probably wouldn't be too hard to get it working on the U8100. Unfortunitely I don't have one, so unless someone wants to send me one I can't really help.

Have recently updated the pulse of the rom it?

rainstorm greetings

Guest totiadrenalin
Why is froyo a2sd in 0.30 better than using DTremor a2sd. Are ther any performance differences. I am trying to decide if I should upgrade to 0.3 from 0.2? Some seem to suggest there is a performance decrease. Also is there a OC kernal for 0.3 version yet?

That's the point.

If you have low class sdcard?

Well then I'll strongly suggest you to use the integrated froyo apps2sd.

Guest totiadrenalin
run into another minor bug, not sure if it is just me.

But when i go to Settings, Applications,Manage applications and then uninstall any app, when it is done, the timer will stick and wont disappear.

just press back button.

This bug is present since TOM release Froyo for first time.

Guest totiadrenalin
I can't install any apps, the phone just reboots, has anyone an idea what I can do?

Check how much memory left on data.

df -h /data

in the terminal.

Guest totiadrenalin
Can i install DT A2SD on this?

I dont really like Froyo AS2D

Cheers.

Well Since all clever guys here on this forum demand me, and prove that dta2sd works on this rom?

You can install it anytime you want.

But first free up some memory in system, before flash the zip.

Edited by totiadrenalin

It did the same thing even on a flb mod (eather way on 1 or 2) and now on CM6.

I can see the ext partition on Ubuntu, I can see it with root explorer on the phone, but DT can't use it. :S

So it's me again. As I can see, the swap is working, but still the ext partition wouldn't mount. Is there a solution for this? Would it help if I repartition the SD card?

Guest totiadrenalin
So it's me again. As I can see, the swap is working, but still the ext partition wouldn't mount. Is there a solution for this? Would it help if I repartition the SD card?

Unzip. adb push in /system/etc/init.d/05mountsd

on next reboot it'll mount the ext partition on /sd-ext/

Best Regards

TOTI

05mountsd.zip

Well Since all clever guys here on this forum demand me, and prove that dta2sd works on this rom?

You can install it anytime you want.

But first free up some memory in system, before flash the zip.

Have you got a link to the .zip?

Cheers

Guest totiadrenalin
Have you got a link to the .zip?

Cheers

Here it is

Don't thanks me please.

It is our order and duty to help each other.

:)

EDIT:

But first you must free up some memory in system.

copy the dta2sd.zip on the root folder in your sdcard

open the terminal emulator application and type:

su

cp  /system/app/RomManager.apk /data/app/

rm /system/app/RomManager.apk

cp /system/app/Facebook.apk /data/app/

rm /system/app/Facebook.apk

cp /system/app/Twitter.apk /data/app/

rm /system/app/Twitter.apk

reboot recovery

Best Regards

TOTI