CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest totiadrenalin

I just have to skip the odexing of /system/apps in the script.

It gives 100000000000 of FC every 5-10 secs

It's verry unstable.

The core apps just have to bee .apk without odex file.

But still all /data/app applications can be odexed, and moved to /sd-ext/app

without any FC.

Well?

That's it.

No saving space in data Much, but still enough.

At least all other stuffs working good.

And yes.

No need of moving dalvik-cache to sd.

I'll never upload anything on this forum again, before I triple check it if everything's all right with it and working like it should work.

Edited by totiadrenalin

I think this topic has become far too long for people who are new to the whole CM6 updating thing to really understand what is going on.

I have tried several times to update to CM6 and always had my phone stuck on the Android (text) logo. Eventually I managed to do it.

Now, I am trying to figure out how to have OC at 710MHz, SetCPU, SWAP/EXT and A2SD. Can anyone help me with exact, precise and easy instructions to follow? Not all of us can just look through an entire 68 pages forum conversation and be able to extract the useful information without the problematic ones.

(And yes, I did try to install an A2SD file from early on in the topic, but my phone couldn't do it, ended up having to re-install CM6.)

EDIT: on terminal, if I type a2sd I get permission denied. I tried su but i still get the same result. What does it mean? I know the installation actually failed on the recovery menu.

Edited by grcd

Guest starkos

without any FC.

I seem to remember that odexing /data/app/ applications is considered a bad idea. I believe this is due to problems that arise when an app is updated, (/system/app/ applications are never updated)

Guest InstantWater

I have a strange phenomenon.

My pulse's screen automated itself :) It clicks randomly on screen, but sometimes not works at all only the trackball.

I think it's some stray current :)

Does anyone had something similar?

I think I should ground it somehow but I have no idea how to do it.

I've tried to connect it to my laptop through USB, but it doesn't help.

I tried full wipe and reflash too, but nothing changed :(

I removed the foil from the screen, but nothing changed.

Edited by InstantWater

I think this topic has become far too long for people who are new to the whole CM6 updating thing to really understand what is going on.

I have tried several times to update to CM6 and always had my phone stuck on the Android (text) logo. Eventually I managed to do it.

I totally agree, it has become complicated. I have been here since the beginning but whereas before we used to have a guy who kept a Pulse wiki up to date with all the information for installation you need in easy to understand steps this seems to have stopped as I think he has moved on to the Blade.

I know a few guys in these forums are doing a great job by helping but it really is information overload, trying to seperate the problems certain people are having with actual simple fixes that would help everyone generally. I can see a Pulse noob having real problems trying to decipher it all.

I don't really keep up enough with the threads or have enough time or indeed have enough expertise to do this myself unfortunately but it would be great if some one could. :)

For instance, it was only from checking through every page that I managed to find out that tiny gapps needed to be flashed alongside the CM6 zip as the normal size gapps wouldn't install through lack of memory. I then had to track the file down on other pages.

And while I think its great that we have lots of other people working on various update fixes and giving out information specific to individual peoples needs, I think it is important that we should have a solid, simple information sticky that is kept up to date with information about using the CM6 Pulse ROM and that doesn't include peoples individual questions. We need to seperate the wheat from the chaff! :)

Now, I am trying to figure out how to have OC at 710MHz, SetCPU, SWAP/EXT and A2SD. Can anyone help me with exact, precise and easy instructions to follow? Not all of us can just look through an entire 68 pages forum conversation and be able to extract the useful information without the problematic ones.

(And yes, I did try to install an A2SD file from early on in the topic, but my phone couldn't do it, ended up having to re-install CM6.)

EDIT: on terminal, if I type a2sd I get permission denied. I tried su but i still get the same result. What does it mean? I know the installation actually failed on the recovery menu.

This is the way that worked for me:

1. First nandroid backup.

2. Wipe everything and flash CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30 zip.

3. After that I flash OC_kernel CM6_0.3.oc.kernel.patched_signed (CM6_0.3.oc.kernel.patched_signed.zip).

4. Next I flash the gapps-mdpi-tiny-20100930-signed, because it include market.app (gapps-mdpi-tiny-20100930-signed.zip - 7.63MB).

5. Reboot.

6. Install SetCPU (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419) and set to performance.

7. In CyanogenMod Settings->Application Settings I check Allow application moving, and set the install location to external.

After this, every application I install it goes to SD card.

Edited by Doto

Guest starkos
This is the way that worked for me:

1. First nandroid backup.

2. Wipe everything and flash CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30 zip.

3. After that I flash OC_kernel CM6_0.3.oc.kernel.patched_signed (CM6_0.3.oc.kernel.patched_signed.zip).

4. Next I flash the gapps-mdpi-tiny-20100930-signed, because it include market.app (gapps-mdpi-tiny-20100930-signed.zip - 7.63MB).

5. Reboot.

6. Install SetCPU (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419) and set to performance.

7. Open ROM manager and partition SD card (ext size 512, swap size 128).

8. In CyanogenMod Settings->Application Settings I check Allow application moving, and set the install location to external.

After this, every application I install it goes to SD card.

Based on what you just wrote I assume you are using the stock/built-in A2SD in Froyo? If so, you didn't need to create an ext. partition & would therefore have more space on your fat32 partition :)

Based on what you just wrote I assume you are using the stock/built-in A2SD in Froyo? If so, you didn't need to create an ext. partition & would therefore have more space on your fat32 partition :)

You are wright :)

For installing DTa2sd u need first to move (or remove) some apps (like facebook, twitter, amazonmpr (or whatever was called) with root explorer or with adb.

I deleted them cause I don't like them on my phone and I had enough free space to flash the DTa2sd and it worked for me.

Guest olivier k

Hello,

I've flashed the 0.30 and I'm very happy with it because my Pulse is much more reactive now (I had the FLB1.6 before). So thanks for the great job and for this forum. The wifi is connecting OK, but when it looses the signal, it seems not to reconnect automatically when back in the range. I think that with FLB Mod 2, the wifi was connecting automatically on the "known" networks. Did anybody notice that or have an idea? (I did not tweak anything yet from the 0.30)

Thank you very much.

This is as detailed and simple as I can make it: install instructions

That includes an install of DT Apps2SD. If you want to use the built-in Froyo apps2sd, don't install that one zip (dtapps2sd). But most people who have had DTApps2SD working previously are used to using it already and like it, and there is good argument for its superiority for the task.

If you want to start in on OC kernels and the more "technical" stuff, then yes, you might have a lot of reading to do still. But if you want a working version of this CM6.1 beta-0.30 rom, with DTApps2SD and swap, you "should" be able to follow those instructions and get it working.

My personal experience with non-working installs is that I failed to follow the instructions precisely, whether because I made a simple mistake or because I thought that somehow I could do something differently than I had been told to do and still end up with the same results. (And you shouldn't blame anyone else if you didn't follow the directions.) :)

Edit: a separate thread now exists with those instructions, including installing an OC kernel. Click on the link above to go there.

Edited by twrock

Guest extremeboot

I tried several times to flash cm6 v 0.3 but it doesn't work for me proberly.

Now my pulse freezes or i have reboots.

Anyone a idee how to get it work perfect?

Guest totiadrenalin
I think this topic has become far too long for people who are new to the whole CM6 updating thing to really understand what is going on............

Tom should add a bit more info about how to update to this rom on the first page of this thread.

Guest smudgeroo
The wifi is connecting OK, but when it looses the signal, it seems not to reconnect automatically when back in the range. I think that with FLB Mod 2, the wifi was connecting automatically on the "known" networks. Did anybody notice that or have an idea? (I did not tweak anything yet from the 0.30)

Yes, this was annoying me! Go to Settings, Wireless & networks, Wifi Settings, then press the Menu button to get to the Advanced settings. In there, change Wi-Fi sleep policy to Never. This does mean your wifi will never sleep, but it also means it will reconnect. You can always turn off your wifi in Power Strip when you don't need it.

Market Enabler

Use this application.

This will solve your problem with missing apps from market for good.

Thanks for the reply. I have used Market Enabler in the past. But the Taiwan market has been opened up already, and I did have access to those apps before installing this rom. So I want to understand why they don't show up now, not just use that work-around as before.

Guest totiadrenalin
I tried several times to flash cm6 v 0.3 but it doesn't work for me proberly.

Now my pulse freezes or i have reboots.

Anyone a idee how to get it work perfect?

OK.

First.

Download the New CM6 pulse rom beta 30 zip

Second.

Download the CM6_oc691kernel.zip

Third

Download dta2sd zip

Fourth

Download gapps zip

Now.

Step by step.

First step. copy-paste all this zips on the root tdirectory of your sdcard.

Second step. you will have to loose everything in data.

If you have clockworkmod recovery then do this.

Go to partitions > format data.

If AmonRa recovery?

Well you can use wipe option.

(Do not use this command wipe from clockworkmod recovery).

Third step. Flash the CM6 rom zip

and gaps zip

Fourth step. Now if you want to use DTa2sd, you will have to free up some memory in system for it.

If you are familiar with ADB, then use it.

Connect the phone to PC.

In terminal or CMD via ADB type this.

adb shell

mv /system/app/RomManager.apk /data/app/RomManager.apk

mv /system/app/Twitter.apk /data/app/Twitter.apk

mv /system/app/Facebook.apk /data/app/Facebook.apk

If not?

reboot.

open the terminal emulator application and type the same, but before that type su.

at the end

reboot recovery

fifth step. Flash dta2sd zip

and reboot again.

And that's it.

This should work with no problems.

That's the way I always flash Toms CM6 pulse port rom since beta 10.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest davewilson
OK.

First.

Download the New CM6 pulse rom beta 30 zip

Second.

Download the CM6_oc691kernel.zip

Third

Download dta2sd zip

Fourth

Download gapps zip

Now.

Step by step.

First step. copy-paste all this zips on the root tdirectory of your sdcard.

Second step. you will have to loose everything in data.

If you have clockworkmod recovery then do this.

Go to partitions > format data.

If AmonRa recovery?

Well you can use wipe option.

(Do not use this command wipe from clockworkmod recovery).

Third step. Flash the CM6 rom zip

and gaps zip

Fourth step. Now if you want to use DTa2sd, you will have to free up some memory in system for it.

If you are familiar with ADB, then use it.

Connect the phone to PC.

In terminal or CMD via ADB type this.

adb shell

mv /system/app/RomManager.apk /data/app/RomManager.apk

mv /system/app/Twitter.apk /data/app/Twitter.apk

mv /system/app/Facebook.apk /data/app/Facebook.apk

If not?

reboot.

open the terminal emulator application and type the same, but before that type su.

at the end

reboot recovery

fifth step. Flash dta2sd zip

and reboot again.

And that's it.

This should work with no problems.

That's the way I always flash Toms CM6 pulse port rom since beta 10.

TOTI, Thanks from a newbie - very clear instructions!. Just one question How do we apply your update script after that?

Guest totiadrenalin
TOTI, Thanks from a newbie - very clear instructions!. Just one question How do we apply your update script after that?

Well.

First lett me finish some minor changings first in it.

It'll be simple as the step with dta2sd.

Guest impalaman
I just have to skip the odexing of /system/apps in the script.

It gives 100000000000 of FC every 5-10 secs

It's verry unstable.

without any FC.

Well?

That's it.

No saving space in data Much, but still enough.

At least all other stuffs working good.

And yes.

No need of moving dalvik-cache to sd.

I'll never upload anything on this forum again, before I triple check it if everything's all right with it and working like it should work.

I odexed the apps in system/app with Paul's odex script and i have no FC-s.

Guest add.thebad

I have a problem with gapps

i had them working fine in 0.2 but now in 0.3 i cant get to work. this is what i did:

>flash 0.3

>>reboot

>>>flash gapps

>>>>reboot

and nothing works. any ideas?

thanks in advance!

Guest starkos
I odexed the apps in system/app with Paul's odex script and i have no FC-s.

How did you manage that? I tried a while back (think it was with Tom's 0.2) & even though I had about 9mb free space on /system I ran out of space during the process :) ! How much free space did you have when you did it?

Guest sreeramu

Hi Friends,

I installed dtapps2sd today , but after i reboot or if i install application, i am able to see apk file in both /data/app/ and /sd-ext/app/ ....is there is any wrong in my configuration......