CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest impalaman
How did you manage that? I tried a while back (think it was with Tom's 0.2) & even though I had about 9mb free space on /system I ran out of space during the process :) ! How much free space did you have when you did it?

I installed the rom over Tre 2.1 update and i flashed the "tiny" gapps (gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip). I had ~16 MB free space on system partition before odexing, now i have 5,5 MB free space.

Guest totiadrenalin
I installed the rom over Tre 2.1 update and i flashed the "tiny" gapps (gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip). I had ~16 MB free space on system partition before odexing, now i have 5,5 MB free space.

Odexing the apps will save space in /data/, not in /system/

Dalvic-cache won't take that much memory in data as without odexing the applications.

Because they will have theres @class.odex out of the .apk but in the same directory /app/

So the won't be duplicated in /data/dalvik-cache.

This is resulting with saving space in data.

So no a2sd cachesd will be needed.

The dalvik-cache can be keeped in the internal storage.

Faster respond from the phone.

Ok.

I'll try again with odexing the system applications.

If I manage to complete this tonight, I'll create the new thread, and upload several .zips

One with the overclocked cpu kernel image, one with non overclocked cpu kernel image.

Also with a2sd, and without a2sd.

And also with odexed and non odexed apps.

And I'll include new a2sd script.

Written buy me.

This script is much simpler and takes less memory than dta2sd.

Edit.

I already show this script to whackster.

I don't know if he try it yet?

And please post only new and unknown bugs and issues related to this rom on first page of this Thread.

And If somebody know how they can be fixed.

I personally think that Tom G should add more info How to Update on the first page of this thread.

And People should stop asking how to do this.

Questions like:

How to install dta2sd, how to find, and flash the OC kernel.

Also already asked 10000 times questions, mith even more answers.

Like:

the rotation freeze up, How to use the swap, Marked bug, and etc.

Most of this questions have the answer somewhere on this thread.

So Why don't we make Tom much easy to follow this thread, and Make the decision what should he change for the next release.

And if there is some bug fixes?

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest impalaman
Odexing the apps will save space in /data/, not in /system/...

I know it not save space in /system. I just writed the free space for starkos, because he asked about my free space.

Guest totiadrenalin
Instructions

These instruction are only for release 0.3 and later. For earlier releases you must use fastboot.

1. Install Clockwork recovery image if you haven't already. Clockwork (AmonRA's recovery will not work).

2. Download both the rom zip file and the gapps zip file.

3. Copy both zip files to your sd card. This can be done my removing the sd card and putting it into a pc, or mounting it while it is in the phone, or using 'adb push <file> /sdcard/'.

4. Reboot into recovery.

5. Make a nandroid backup so you can revert if necessary.

6. Install first the rom using the install update from sd card option.

8. Next install GApps the same way.

9. If you were not previously using a CyanogenMod rom you MUST wipe /data/.

10. Reboot.

This is quite good explanation.

Just the dta2sd is missing, but I understand why Tom didn't include this.

After the integrated froyo apps2sd works why should we use it.

So from now on people should learn how to read the previews posts on this thread.

Thank you Tom once again for the effort to bring us this ROM.

I really appreciate this from your side.

And I think that Tom confirm what I just said here.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest starkos
I know it not save space in /system. I just writed the free space for starkos, because he asked about my free space.

Thanks for your reply. If I remember correctly the Tre 2.1 had a bigger /system partition, which explains how you had more free to start with. Probably not worth the hassle for me, /data space is fine (60mb), I just wanted to do it to help speed up the booting of the phone...

Guest extremeboot
OK.

First.

Download the New CM6 pulse rom beta 30 zip

Second.

Download the CM6_oc691kernel.zip

Third

Download dta2sd zip

Fourth

Download gapps zip

Now.

Step by step.

First step. copy-paste all this zips on the root tdirectory of your sdcard.

Second step. you will have to loose everything in data.

If you have clockworkmod recovery then do this.

Go to partitions > format data.

If AmonRa recovery?

Well you can use wipe option.

(Do not use this command wipe from clockworkmod recovery).

Third step. Flash the CM6 rom zip

and gaps zip

Fourth step. Now if you want to use DTa2sd, you will have to free up some memory in system for it.

If you are familiar with ADB, then use it.

Connect the phone to PC.

In terminal or CMD via ADB type this.

adb shell

mv /system/app/RomManager.apk /data/app/RomManager.apk

mv /system/app/Twitter.apk /data/app/Twitter.apk

mv /system/app/Facebook.apk /data/app/Facebook.apk

If not?

reboot.

open the terminal emulator application and type the same, but before that type su.

at the end

reboot recovery

fifth step. Flash dta2sd zip

and reboot again.

And that's it.

This should work with no problems.

That's the way I always flash Toms CM6 pulse port rom since beta 10.

Thanks, now i have no more reboots !

This is quite good explanation.

Just the dta2sd is missing, but I understand why Tom didn't include this.

After the integrated froyo apps2sd works why should we use it.

So from now on people should learn how to read the previews posts on this thread.

Thank you Tom once again for the effort to bring us this ROM.

I really appreciate this from your side.

I agree that Tom's original instructions were good. I don't know why some of us had problems at the beginning, but as usual, it was probably because we didn't really follow the instructions.

But Toti, it has been posted a number of times already why some people prefer DT Apps2SD.

I think you should learn how to read the previous posts in this thread. :)

None of us who are using DT Apps2SD are saying it is the only way, but some of us have made good arguments for why we think it is the "better" way (better than the built-in option IMHO). It works great, has some advantages, and installs easily. ("Easily", as long as people are willing to read what I believe are a simple set of instructions.)

So whichever way people want to do is of course up to them. That's how it works with opensource everyone. You get to decide. (Or, if all of this is too complicated and difficult to decide, there's always that fruity OS.) :)

Yes, I completely agree that we should all offer our thanks to Tom G and the rest who had anything to do with delivering Froyo to the rest of us.

For anyone who is still asking where that set of simple instruction is to get this rom working with DT Apps2SD, you can try this: INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Edited by twrock

Market Enabler

Use this application.

This will solve your problem with missing apps from market for good.

Because I've still been unable to find the reason, I did reinstall Market Enabler. It did not change anything. The Market is already open in my country, so I guess that makes sense that that is not the problem.

I'm open to other ideas. :)

Guest Simon O

Gapps have been updated. As the official mirror no longer contains the files I've downloaded them from Cyanogenmod forums and re-uploaded:

gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip (probably won't fit the Pulse partitions)

gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip (bare minimal gapps)

gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip (Full gapps with larger apps moved to /data for easy updating or removal)

For pulse it's recommended to use the gapps-pulse zip as this contains the full gapps which will fit the Pulse partitions better.

Guest olivier k

Hi Folks,

I've noticed that after using the nav app, the GPS icon in the status bar stays on even if I disable the GPS (throught power control for instance).

Small thing and as I said before, the reactivity of the interface compare to 2.1 is like day and night.

The GApps link in the first post has been updated.

And please post only new and unknown bugs and issues related to this rom on first page of this Thread.

And If somebody know how they can be fixed.

I personally think that Tom G should add more info How to Update on the first page of this thread.

And People should stop asking how to do this.

Questions like:

How to install dta2sd, how to find, and flash the OC kernel.

Also already asked 10000 times questions, mith even more answers.

Like:

the rotation freeze up, How to use the swap, Marked bug, and etc.

Most of this questions have the answer somewhere on this thread.

So Why don't we make Tom much easy to follow this thread, and Make the decision what should he change for the next release.

And if there is some bug fixes?

I do need to go through this thread and find the identified bugs that should be in the list. I've been a bit busy recently and haven't been watching this thread.

I won't provide instructions for anything that I don't support in my rom. For example I have never used dta2sd and don't know how to use it, so I can't really help people there. I don't use swap or o/c. I don't care what other people do with this rom but I would really prefer if discussion on the features I don't support was moved elsewhere so that the problems with those features wouldn't fill this thread.

0.3 added bluetooth support. I'm not sure if I mentioned when it was released, but I have nothing to test bluetooth with, so the only testing was that the software side appears to work. Could people please report there experiences with bluetooth in 0.3, what works, what doesn't. There were some problems experience in the aosp rom with bluetooth relating to the routing of audio, so they may still be there, or as suriya83 reported it may not work at all.

Guest goce.nakov
The GApps link in the first post has been updated.

I do need to go through this thread and find the identified bugs that should be in the list. I've been a bit busy recently and haven't been watching this thread.

I won't provide instructions for anything that I don't support in my rom. For example I have never used dta2sd and don't know how to use it, so I can't really help people there. I don't use swap or o/c. I don't care what other people do with this rom but I would really prefer if discussion on the features I don't support was moved elsewhere so that the problems with those features wouldn't fill this thread.

0.3 added bluetooth support. I'm not sure if I mentioned when it was released, but I have nothing to test bluetooth with, so the only testing was that the software side appears to work. Could people please report there experiences with bluetooth in 0.3, what works, what doesn't. There were some problems experience in the aosp rom with bluetooth relating to the routing of audio, so they may still be there, or as suriya83 reported it may not work at all.

Yesterday I transfered some pic's with my wife alcatel via bluetoth...all working good.

Guest pandinusimp

Hello,

i don't want to use ADW. So i put the Launcher2.apk in /system/app and deleted adw.apk with root explorer. But it loops at the bootanimation.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Guest goce.nakov
Hello,

i don't want to use ADW. So i put the Launcher2.apk in /system/app and deleted adw.apk with root explorer. But it loops at the bootanimation.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

I hope you did nandbackup.....Restore....push launcher pro.apk in apps and then run the setup, If you did not back up your phone then try to wipe only Dalkvik cache and then repeat previous process.

Hello,

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Just a good advice:

DO A NANDROID BEFORE CHANGE ANYTHING IN /SYSTEM.

Guest pandinusimp
I hope you did nandbackup.....Restore....push launcher pro.apk in apps and then run the setup, If you did not back up your phone then try to wipe only Dalkvik cache and then repeat previous process.

Thanks! That worked!

Guest totiadrenalin
I agree that Tom's original instructions were good. I don't know why some of us had problems at the beginning, but as usual, it was probably because we didn't really follow the instructions.

But Toti, it has been posted a number of times already why some people prefer DT Apps2SD.

I think you should learn how to read the previous posts in this thread. :)

None of us who are using DT Apps2SD are saying it is the only way, but some of us have made good arguments for why we think it is the "better" way (better than the built-in option IMHO). It works great, has some advantages, and installs easily. ("Easily", as long as people are willing to read what I believe are a simple set of instructions.)

So whichever way people want to do is of course up to them. That's how it works with opensource everyone. You get to decide. (Or, if all of this is too complicated and difficult to decide, there's always that fruity OS.) :)

Yes, I completely agree that we should all offer our thanks to Tom G and the rest who had anything to do with delivering Froyo to the rest of us.

For anyone who is still asking where that set of simple instruction is to get this rom working with DT Apps2SD, you can try this: INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

I ain't gonna argue with you about the benefits of DT a2sd.

I never said that can not use the dta2sd.

Who am I stop you?

I agree that all of the smart people in this forum demand me about dta2sd, and prove me that it is working quite good.

So I do always read all of the previews posts.

But, when you guys are so smart, why don't you create a separated thread about dta2sd on CM6?

Why must this thread be crammed with useless stuff?

There are still unfixed issues in this rom.

It'll be much better if people post ideas of how to fix them.

EDIT:

I repeat!

I really don't want to argue with you, and with nobody on this forum.

I just want to help people.

Look, this is my view on how things stands.

If you wish to use or not use some extra stuff avalible, it is only and only your decision. And no one can deny you that.

It is a fact.

And if you read the previews posts, than you'll be able to find some posts from me of how to install this rom with dta2sd, and even the link of the newest dta2sd zip.

And yeah.

Android is open source.

The freedom of choice.

Edited by totiadrenalin

dont struggle. i think the best would be to create a seperate thread (maybe: DT a2sd for CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse). toti anounced it 2 days ago:

I'll reedit everything once again.

and create new thread for the updates for this rom.

so we have two more clearly seperated lines of developements. one with the original A2sd (Toms basic developement) and one with DT a2sd. and everyone can descide what he wants to test and use.

Guest UrbanRider
dont struggle. i think the best would be to create a seperate thread (maybe: DT a2sd for CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse). toti anounced it 2 days ago:

so we have two more clearly seperated lines of developements. one with the original A2sd (Toms basic developement) and one with DT a2sd. and everyone can descide what he wants to test and use.

I agree

Guest spanner44

I agree with this, as I am just about to update to CM6, but struggle to find exactly what works or does not work, as in between I keep getting all the swap stuff.

This makes it really confusing for me, to see what has still to be done or has been fixed, and it must make it even harder for Tom to identify any problems related to his Rom, which of course will only delay any improvements.

If anyone has any improvements to add to this Rom, surely common sense would be to put it into a different thread, then besides it being optional to add into the mix of things, the person who has enabled the add on can then easily answer any problems related to it.

Guest Glycerin

Dear Tom... maybe i also can help you to develope at the CM6-Port...

Do you can send me or upload the correct .extract-files.sh and the cynagoen_pulse.mk? If you have this? Or with what files do you configure your build of the cynagoen-rom?

Edit: Forget it, i've got it ;-)

Edited by Glycerin

Guest add.thebad

wow! just got my pulse back from tmobile repair and i must say that 0.3 is loads better than 0.2 which was a million times better that éclair.

Just to say thanks for the awesome work and keep it up

an to think i all most bought a san fransisco meh!