CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest thisweb

Final conclusion. Been fixing my pulse up for a year now - tried everything, nearly every rom. CM6 has it working perfect. (unless we get MiUI :))

This is the best setup I have tried and tested vigourously.

CM6 0.2 (but should work same for 0.3),

DTA2SD (not froyos a2SD)

OC 691Mhz, CRUCIAL improvement!

Swapper2 app (not a2sd swap) 128mb, swappyness 10, use swapfile. (swapper2 app is easy, and just as good as dta2sd swap, no partition required and information easily found/set in android)

JIT enabled CRUCIAL improvement

Compcache disabled

Screen dithering enabled

4.9 mflops, but app switching is very fast.

Been working for 3 weeks absolutly smooth, fast and not a single force close. Seriously not 1!!!!

I'm done here. May check bag for bluetooth/camera bug fixes.

for 3 weeks. Not a single force close and

Guest Pulseuser1

the 3D gallery has an error where when u rotate it...it goes all messed up....but people have also complained about pics not loading or taking to long to load in the galler...so ime assuming that its probably one of the errors in the gallery as it as been broken upstream slightly as said by Tom G :) ... think lol

I think i meant not you lol

Edited by Pulseuser1

Guest spanner44

Decided to update to CM6 after getting a new class 6 SD Card, so I have just tried to install it, and seemed to have stumbled at the first block.

I have formatted the SD card with Swap, Ext2 and Fat 32.

On the root I placed the zips, CM6.1-RC0-pulse-beta 0.3, gapps-pulse, CM6_oc kernel, dtapps to sd.

I then from the System recovery, did flash zip from sdcard, choosing the CM6.1-beta 0.3 one and after a slight pause, it came back with an error

"E:Error in /sdcard/CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip (status 7)

Installation aborted."

So where do I go from here ?

I am coming from the FLB1.7 and never had any problems in installing that.

Please Help.

Guest starkos
the 3D gallery has an error where when u rotate it...it goes all messed up....but people have also complained about pics not loading or taking to long to load in the galler...so ime assuming that its probably one of the errors in the gallery as it as been broken upstream slightly as said by Tom G :) ... think lol

I think i meant not you lol

Try flashing the attached in Recovery. It should flash the working Gallery3D.apk as well as a working SoundRecorder.apk (the one in the rom didn't show in the menu for me?). Remember to do a Nand/Bart backup first in case it doesn't work! Let me know if it works or if there's any problems...

Edit: Sorry, attachment removed due to weird error in update-script. Fixed .zip on next page of this thread...

Edited by starkos

Final conclusion. Been fixing my pulse up for a year now - tried everything, nearly every rom. CM6 has it working perfect. (unless we get MiUI :))

This is the best setup I have tried and tested vigourously.

CM6 0.2 (but should work same for 0.3),

DTA2SD (not froyos a2SD)

OC 691Mhz, CRUCIAL improvement!

Swapper2 app (not a2sd swap) 128mb, swappyness 10, use swapfile. (swapper2 app is easy, and just as good as dta2sd swap, no partition required and information easily found/set in android)

JIT enabled CRUCIAL improvement

Compcache disabled

Screen dithering enabled

4.9 mflops, but app switching is very fast.

Been working for 3 weeks absolutly smooth, fast and not a single force close. Seriously not 1!!!!

I'm done here. May check bag for bluetooth/camera bug fixes.

for 3 weeks. Not a single force close and

"screen dithering" - do you mean 'surface dithering'?

Guest vitorjorge
Decided to update to CM6 after getting a new class 6 SD Card, so I have just tried to install it, and seemed to have stumbled at the first block.

I have formatted the SD card with Swap, Ext2 and Fat 32.

On the root I placed the zips, CM6.1-RC0-pulse-beta 0.3, gapps-pulse, CM6_oc kernel, dtapps to sd.

I then from the System recovery, did flash zip from sdcard, choosing the CM6.1-beta 0.3 one and after a slight pause, it came back with an error

Installation aborted."

So where do I go from here ?

I am coming from the FLB1.7 and never had any problems in installing that.

Please Help.

Exactly same problem with me....

help... :)

Guest vitorjorge

Boas

Ao flashar dá-me esta mensagem de erro

Com o FLB 1.7 não tive problemas....

Alguém, ajuda?

Obrigado

Vitor Jorge

Guest jamielockeymusic
Try flashing the attached in Recovery. It should flash the working Gallery3D.apk as well as a working SoundRecorder.apk (the one in the rom didn't show in the menu for me?). Remember to do a Nand/Bart backup first in case it doesn't work! Let me know if it works or if there's any problems...

I tried flashing this onto CM6 0.3 but I got syntex error? Also got this error whilst flashing your auto focus fix? Any ideas thanks for the help! Will this make gallery show my pictures?

Thankyou!

Guest add.thebad
Can we install Adobe Flash Player on this mod?

no. out processor wont handle flash its too old just like the screen cant do multi touch, its a hardware problem not software so their is no hope i dont think unless one of the geniuses in these forums can manage it.

I tried flashing this onto CM6 0.3 but I got syntex error? Also got this error whilst flashing your auto focus fix? Any ideas thanks for the help! Will this make gallery show my pictures?

Thankyou!

I got the 'Syntax error in update script' too

You could try extracting the gallery.apk to your pc then using adb to push it manually

Will be trying that myself when I can find the time

Guest fanyuxiao
After the fairly successful port of Froyo to the Pulse, I've decide to try porting CyanogenMod 6. If this is successful I hope it can one day be included into the official CyanogenMod releases.

CM6 is built on Froyo, but adds many extra features. For many of the bugs we are experiencing in Froyo, we have been looking at how they were fixed in CM6. So rather than port the fixes to Froyo, why not port all of CM6 to the Pulse.

There are still a lot of issues, so use it at your own risk, and don't complain if a feature you feel is important doesn't work.

It is too big to fit on the 1.5 system partition, so you must update to a 2.1 official rom before installing this.

Google apps is not included and must be installed seperately.

Current rom: beta-0.30

GApps signed zip: gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip <-- install from recovery

The rom is provided as images that must be flashed with fastboot. I tried to build it as an ota update, but its doesn't include the /data partition and there is a file on /data that is required for the first boot. I will try to fix this in a future release.

Thanks to Flibblesan for providing hosting.

Huawei official website forum to see them released u8220 source, do not know whether you upgrade froyo2.2 help it?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/community/foru...&orderStr=9

Guest thisweb
"screen dithering" - do you mean 'surface dithering'?

Sorry. Yes I meant surface dithering.

I believe it prevents screen tearing. Smoother graphics, less redraws. Performance decrease is very minimal but seems to keep image scrolling smoother.

Edited by thisweb

Guest starkos

I got the 'Syntax error in update script' too

Sorry about that, found the problem in the end. Apparently you have to add a blank line at the end of the update-script for some reason :)

I've attached a fixed .zip that I have tested in AmonRA Recovery, let me know if there's any problems...

@jamielockeymusic, this is to fix the rotation glitch so not sure if it will help your problem, sorry. Also the camera focus zip works fine, the problem is that you tried it after getting the syntax error. If you rebooted & tried just the focus one it would have worked...

Gallery3D.SoundRecorder.Fix_signed.zip

Guest torpedro

i hve a big problem, and i tried everything...

when i install OC the phone only loops, never startups to froyo system. I have tried everything, i follow this guide, install uk official,tried with ext 2 and ext 3 partitions, swap....

I have all ok, but the OC dont.

What can i do more?

waiting feedback

best regards

Guest AntonioPT

I just flashed CM 0.3 on my phone and when I try to install an app from the Market, the phone reboots! I am not using A2SD or Swap, just plain Cyanogenmod, no froyo a2sd either.

Guest add.thebad
i hve a big problem, and i tried everything...

when i install OC the phone only loops, never startups to froyo system. I have tried everything, i follow this guide, install uk official,tried with ext 2 and ext 3 partitions, swap....

I have all ok, but the OC dont.

What can i do more?

waiting feedback

best regards

when are you trying to install the oc

i flashed in clockwork cm6 0.3 then straight after oc kernell and straight after gapps then reboot and everything worked

as for partition i had 500 ish swap and 500 ish ext not sure that will effect it tho

o and make sure you wipe b4 hand that oftern causes loops

hope this helps

Guest BlueHairTom
I just flashed CM 0.3 on my phone and when I try to install an app from the Market, the phone reboots! I am not using A2SD or Swap, just plain Cyanogenmod, no froyo a2sd either.

I've got the same problem :)

Guest AntonioPT
I've got the same problem :)

I solved the problem by flashing DarkTremor's A2SD 2.7.5.2 (partition your SD card with an ext partition, that way you'll be able to save your apps on the SD card), use this guide to reflash CM + A2SD + GAPPS again. Hope this helps :)

Guest BlueHairTom
I solved the problem by flashing DarkTremor's A2SD 2.7.5.2 (partition your SD card with an ext partition, that way you'll be able to save your apps on the SD card), use this guide to reflash CM + A2SD + GAPPS again. Hope this helps :)

Wow! It works!

Thanx for your help! :) :(