CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest Lizzleeee

Can't install apps from the market... Everytime i download an app the phone just reboots itself... Is there a fix for this problem??

Edited by Lizzleeee

Guest AntonioPT
Can't install apps from the market... Everytime i download an app the phone just reboots itself... Is there a fix for this problem??

Read my post above.

Guest SaladOA

Just flashed the latest ROM. It's freaking out about my SD card though and I'm assuming it's because I had it partitioned for Darkmentors A2SD while I was using FLB.

Seems to be working okay now, but I have a backup of my SD card so I should re-partition it right? Oh and is Swap still a no-no?

Edited by SaladOA

Guest totiadrenalin
Gapps have been updated. As the official mirror no longer contains the files I've downloaded them from Cyanogenmod forums and re-uploaded:

gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip (probably won't fit the Pulse partitions)

gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip (bare minimal gapps)

gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip (Full gapps with larger apps moved to /data for easy updating or removal)

For pulse it's recommended to use the gapps-pulse zip as this contains the full gapps which will fit the Pulse partitions better.

Strange Flibble, but after flashing the gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip I get reboot each time I try to install some app.

When i flash the cm6 beta 30 again and install the old gapps-mdpi-20100816-signed.zip or gapps-mdpi-20100930-signed.zip, there's no kind a reboot sh...t when i try to install new apps.

I don't know where could be the problem.

I'm sorry, but I'm so busy and pre-occupied, that I don't have any time to investigate the problem.

Do not expect anything from me until the new year.

I am not free at all.

I guess the problem could be with the HtcSettings.apk or some?

I can't be sure.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest spanner44
Decided to update to CM6 after getting a new class 6 SD Card, so I have just tried to install it, and seemed to have stumbled at the first block.

I have formatted the SD card with Swap, Ext2 and Fat 32.

On the root I placed the zips, CM6.1-RC0-pulse-beta 0.3, gapps-pulse, CM6_oc kernel, dtapps to sd.

I then from the System recovery, did flash zip from sdcard, choosing the CM6.1-beta 0.3 one and after a slight pause, it came back with an error

"E:Error in /sdcard/CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip (status 7)

Installation aborted."

So where do I go from here ?

I am coming from the FLB1.7 and never had any problems in installing that.

Please Help.

My mistake, I thought I had clockwork installed but didn't so installed clockwork and managed to get CM6 successfully on and running.

New Problem - Everytime I try and download from the market, the phone downloads it, but then says it is installing it and then reboots, without the file actually being installed.

I presume it is a problem with the gapps, I used the gapps - pulse version, is there a different version that I can use instead ?

Guest suriya83

on my phone the volume keys were not working with the screen off. so in qwerty.kl i added WAKE_DROPPED to the vol keys and now it is working (short press change volume, long press skip track).

if someone has the same problem try to change it in your qwerty.kl

Edited by suriya83

Guest starkos
on my phone the volume keys were not working with the screen off. so in qwerty.kl i added WAKE_DROPPED to the vol keys and now it is working (short press change volume, long press skip track).

if someone has the same problem try to change it in your qwerty.kl

Nice tip :rolleyes:

Guest richard2233

Has this thread now died? Has there been anymore updates or releases?

Long time reader 1st time post(er) :rolleyes:

Not long had my pulse, about 3 months or so now. And I have to admit, I love it. Amazing for the price, shame about the official support!

Edited by richard2233

Guest flip360

It hasn`t, we have a prety solid CM6.1 port for now imho :rolleyes: Maybe the .32 kernel port would push thing forward...

Edited by flip360

Guest Lurch81
Strange Flibble, but after flashing the gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip I get reboot each time I try to install some app.

When i flash the cm6 beta 30 again and install the old gapps-mdpi-20100816-signed.zip or gapps-mdpi-20100930-signed.zip, there's no kind a reboot sh...t when i try to install new apps.

I don't know where could be the problem.

I'm sorry, but I'm so busy and pre-occupied, that I don't have any time to investigate the problem.

Do not expect anything from me until the new year.

I am not free at all.

I guess the problem could be with the HtcSettings.apk or some?

I can't be sure.

This is caused by incorrect permissions on /data after using Flibble's GApps-Pulse.

Logcat revealed the error message:

Couldn't create temp file for downloaded package file

IIRC, several directories were owned by root:root and I solved it using:

chown system:system /data/app /data/app-private

Other than that, the upgrade to 0.3 went flawless! :rolleyes:

Guest fanyuxiao
It hasn`t, we have a prety solid CM6.1 port for now imho :rolleyes: Maybe the .32 kernel port would push thing forward...

You can do better on a froyo2.2 2.6.32 of the rom?

Guest fanyuxiao
well it would be a more "complete" port, along with speed, wifi tether and some other bells and whistles :rolleyes:

Great, look forward to your earlier released

Sincerely,

Guys, Froyo drains my battery like crazy, anyone know why?

It has been running unplugged since 07:00 this morning, the time is 12:50 now and the phone has almost not been in use at all but it's still down to 25% left.

Guest flip360

the battery is very well here, dunno what would be the problem? i have setcpu ondemand, wifi and 2G3G off and backround data service off. it last for 2-3 days this way, with wifi and gps about 1 day.

the battery is very well here, dunno what would be the problem? i have setcpu ondemand, wifi and 2G3G off and backround data service off. it last for 2-3 days this way, with wifi and gps about 1 day.

I don't have setcpu but I have the standard OC-kernel set to 691mhz.

This might fix things, I'll have a look.

My wifi, 3g, data traffic and GPS is turned off so that wouldn't be the problem.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the Twitter-widget is a battery drainer?

Edited by Guest

Guest flip360

i think that all of the apps or widgets have something to do with the Background Data Service, try switching that off. Also try and switch over to 2G networks see if that helps.

Edited by flip360

Guest Pq2son2

If I remmember well all the overclocked kernels that I test put the kernel on performance profile, this means that the CPU works a lot of time at 100% (or 691). Try to install SetCPU and tell us if the profile is Performance or Ondemand.

If I remmember well all the overclocked kernels that I test put the kernel on performance profile, this means that the CPU works a lot of time at 100% (or 691). Try to install SetCPU and tell us if the profile is Performance or Ondemand.

So all I have to do is install it, no other settings that must be changed?

On "Main" my settings are

"Scaling on demand

691 max 245 min"

Set on boot is unchecked. (change this?)

Guest totiadrenalin
I typed "a2sd jit" in terminal, was this a bad move?

The phone is stuck booting at the "Android" screen now.

The bin and lib files of dalvk jit are already included in this rom.

This is standard for Froyo.

you need to activate it in CyanoGenMod Settings.

And the Jit files from dta2sd are for eclair not for froyo.