CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest totiadrenalin
It looks like the cm6 source is still at ADW 1.3.0.

I've got the source working again. Looking at fixing a couple of problems now. Should have an updated rom up in the next day.

The apps that mysteriously disappeared a couple of releases ago are back again. The gallery is still broken. I'm trying to figure out whats going on with the camera now.

I've got some details on how to contribute code to the main project, so i'll try to start pushing code up this week, but as I said earlier some of it will need to be modified before it will be accepted as it would break other devices and that could take a while.

I will also be putting up an update for improved arabic support in the browser. I'm not sure how many users will make use of it, but i've been looking into it for a user and it looks like it is working.

Wish you the best with this.

Welcome back to the BIG PULSE Party!

Guest flip360

YAY *TOM FOR PRESIDENT* :D

Humor aside i am very glad that Tom has returned to the Pulse community (BB and Flib are waay too busy with the ZT something...)

Cheers mate :P

Edited by flip360

Guest totiadrenalin
Wish you the best with this.

Welcome back to the BIG PULSE Party!

BDW!

ZTE BLADE?

HA ha ha!!!!

This phone will never get even close to the fame that T-Mobile Pulse (Huawei U8220) had?

So Pulse is still the leader in the smart phones world, as the cheapest smart phone with ultimate performances for the price.

So, Even so Pulse is getting pretty old, I still love my Pulse. And if we have just a bit respect to this King, we shell never leave it.

I hope so that with this I'll give encouragement enough to TOM G!

And all other devs that was found on this thread, and all other Pulse threads.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
BDW!

ZTE BLADE?

HA ha ha!!!!....

I'm sorry guys, but it is naked truth.

Pulse was the best low price SmarPhone.

So why not keep it that way?

I know that the pulse is getting old, but we own this to our thrown owner!

Besides.

This phone isn't that old to be thrown away.

I made a mistake few days ago.

I'm so sorry for that.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Tom not to make you expendable or something but can you upload the cyanogenmod port source code

Im requesting this so IF you ever decide to go onto better things others can continue it

Guest Pq2son2

Tom G, please, can you add this tweak? :D

Works better than "Lock home in memory" of Performance Cyanogen menu. I test it, for a week, and the phone doesn't have any force close or home killed.

:P Thanks!

Add "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1" at the end of /data/local.prop using RootExplorer or similar....

Cheers

Guest jordanclarke69
Here's the new ADW 1.3.1 system version. As always flash through recovery. Enjoy :P

DOWNLOAD: adw_1.3.1.zip

hey group, i recently updated to cyanogenmod6 as a newbie (it took me two days haha) but it is awesome. thanks to all the developers etc.

but if i update to this latest version, will i have to wipe my sdcard and the phone memory,, because it will take me ages to reinstall all my apps???

?????????????

Edited by jordanclarke69

hey group, i recently updated to cyanogenmod6 as a newbie (it took me two days haha) but it is awesome. thanks to all the developers etc.

but if i update to this latest version, will i have to wipe my sdcard and the phone memory,, because it will take me ages to reinstall all my apps???

?????????????

ADW is just the launcher app.

if you want to update apps, you do not need to wipe your system/data partitions.

You only need to wipe everything if you want to reinstall a whole ROM.

Guest niix2571
Should have an updated rom up in the next day.

This is my first post ever (woohoo :D)... and I really want to tell you guys that you are the best, especially you Tom, thanks a lot for making this :P... also I've found something quite nice and thought you might put it in 0.40 :D http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile-pulse-pulse-modaco-com/295855/opengl-es-on-pulse/

Everyone there says it's really done a lot for their 3D performance... personally, I don't see much of a difference, but it might work for someone else... once again, thank you all :lol:

P.S. Can't wait for an updated rom, been checking this thread million times a day waiting for something new to happen :D

Guest jordanclarke69

if you want to update apps, you do not need to wipe your system/data partitions.

ok i'm trying to understand, so i have three questions now if you don't mind.

1. adw_1.3.1.zip is NOT a new version of cyanogenmod 6????

2. if not..... what am i meant to do with it???

3. and so when a new version of cyanogen 6 mod comes along - then will that involve wiping my sd card (and apps)???

Edited by jordanclarke69

Guest dino_mk
Here's the new ADW 1.3.1 system version. As always flash through recovery. Enjoy :P

DOWNLOAD: adw_1.3.1.zip

Is this working? I flash it and now I am stuck on startup animation. Pls give me quick fix, need my phone early in the morning.

Guest igor_anta
Is this working? I flash it and now I am stuck on startup animation. Pls give me quick fix, need my phone early in the morning.

It's only for CyanogenMod 6.1, what rom are you using? It's working for me, no one else posted any problems. If you're on 2.1 find a flashable ADW in the FLB Mod topic, should be on the second post I think. Cheers!

Guest jordanclarke69

3. and so when a new version of cyanogen 6 mod comes along - then will that involve wiping my sd card (and apps)?????

((sorry about reposting, but being the last comment on the previous page normally leads to no answers))

3. and so when a new version of cyanogen 6 mod comes along - then will that involve wiping my sd card (and apps)???

Adw is just the launcher app, you don't really need to instal l this new version.

If a new version of cyanogenmod materialises, you usually don't have to wipe everything. But if you have problems with the new version, then I would advise you to do a factory reset through recovery. There is NO need to wipe your micro sd card.

Guest Pulseuser1

cm6 has now gone bust for me and i have no idea why....i switched on my phone in the morning...evrything was fine as usual but then when it fully loadedd up..it came up with loads of force closes from basically evry app and now i cant go on any app without it force closin...i was wondering should i do a full factory reset and install everythin again...because i dont hav a nandroid back up as my hard disk broke on my other computer

sorry for bein off topic guys...but since all you genius's were here...i thought you could help me pleaaaassee

thank you and good work evryone

Guest totiadrenalin
cm6 has now gone bust for me and i have no idea why....i switched on my phone in the morning...evrything was fine as usual but then when it fully loadedd up..it came up with loads of force closes from basically evry app and now i cant go on any app without it force closin...i was wondering should i do a full factory reset and install everythin again...because i dont hav a nandroid back up as my hard disk broke on my other computer

sorry for bein off topic guys...but since all you genius's were here...i thought you could help me pleaaaassee

thank you and good work evryone

First off all.

Do you use dta2sd.

This very important.

Because if you do, then it'll be much easy to fix the problem.

But if you use the integrated froyo apps to sd?

Well it'll be much harder to fix the problem.

Ok first with a2sd.

Reboot in recovery mod.

connect to pc.

open cmd or terminal

path to android sdk/tools

adb devices

adb shell

mount data

rm -r /data/data/
If you have moved dalvik cache to sd? well then do this: continue from 1.
mount sd-ext

rm -r /sd-ext/dalvik-cache/

rm /data/dalvik-cache

mkdir /sd-ext/dalvik-cache/

ln -s /sd-ext/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

reboot
else if not continue from 1.
rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/

reboot

This will act like wiping data , (factory reset) but without loosing your apps.

If you use the integrated froyo apps2sd?

Well this is much harder to be done without broking things.

You can try only the second explanation.

I can't promise nothing here for the second solution.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
should i just do a full factory reset...i dont really mind losing all my apps that tbh

thank you for your help

My recomandation is plus to flash the cm6 rom via recovery.

Maybe the problem could be something with the system two.

Guest starkos
should i just do a full factory reset...i dont really mind losing all my apps that tbh

thank you for your help

If you have Amon RA recovery first try using the option that is something like 'fix uid mismatches'. There may be something similar in Clockwork but I'm not sure, just look for something to do with fixing permissions. Also wipe dalvik-cache at same time. Worth a try anyway, good luck...

Edited by starkos

Guest Rafael Aquino
Podes repetir a pergunta sobre o kernel em português? Não percebo o que queres dizer em inglês :P

:D desculpa Antonio, o pouco de ingless que eu sei eh pessimo uahhuauha... mas o que queria perguntar é que mesmo atualizando meu aparelho com essa cyanogen minha kernel se manteve a 2.6.29 alem de muitos softwares nao identificarem ela como sendo a froyo mesmo.. por exemplo o flash player for android ... ele nao deixa instalar pois nao reconhece a versao do android como sendo a 2.2 entre outros programas...