CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

And Tom from which CM rom did you get the Gallery? I tried the one from the Dream rom and the rotation isn't working (it's all messed up like it used to be when we tried it on 2.1). Cheers!

I didn't get it from a rom, its built from source. I think I saw something about rotation issues for the dream on the issue tracker, so that is probably the worst device to take it from.

Strange bug - Are you able to get a core dump from it (ulimit -c unlimited seems to be needed and work on 2.1) copy it across to the pc and then load it into gdb (arm-eabi-gdb is included in the toolchain) to get a stack trace. It won't tell you much as the binary is stripped but you should still see what is happening in the libs.

Also do you know what features are needed from 2.6.32 to support froyo install to SD and tethering? It might be easier to back port them to 2.6.29 than do a full upgrade to 2.6.32

I haven't looked for a while, but I think it wants /dev/device-mapper, which is new in 2.6.32. There was also a fall back for older kernels, but similar to the vold sdcard mapping it looks like that is broken, so the options are to fix the fall back for when device-mapper is unavailable or backport device-mapper. I haven't looked much at this problem, so I could be totally wrong.

Edit. it looks like device-mapper is actually in 2.6.29, its just not enabled. I will try it.

PS. I don't kow what usb tethering needs.

Edited by Tom G

Guest whackster
Why can I not install angry birds from apk saved on sd card or through adb when I have 70mb internel free?

Mount your SD card, and then install it through adb. Also check under CM settings that apps install location is set to internal.

Guest jamielockeymusic
Mount your SD card, and then install it through adb. Also check under CM settings that apps install location is set to internal.

im using PC-Suite V2.02 as an adb apk installer and it is telling me i have no space for it?

although i have 70mb free space?

Guest whackster
im using PC-Suite V2.02 as an adb apk installer and it is telling me i have no space for it?

although i have 70mb free space?

Try it through a command prompt, adb install andybirds.apk (don't know the correct filename), or try adb push angrybirds.apk /data/app/

Guest jamielockeymusic
Try it through a command prompt, adb install andybirds.apk (don't know the correct filename), or try adb push angrybirds.apk /data/app/

how do i adb push it?

Guest sbadger
where do i put the angry birds apk so that adb knows where to get it from?

Wherever you like. You can specify the directory it is in eg. adb push C:\whatever\folder\you\like\angrybirds.apk

Or you could just put the .apk file in the root of C:

Guest whackster
where do i put the angry birds apk so that adb knows where to get it from?

well put it in the same folder that you have adb.exe in. Then you can do adb push angrybirds.apk /data/app/ (change the correct .apk filename).

Guest jamielockeymusic
Wherever you like. You can specify the directory it is in eg. adb push C:\whatever\folder\you\like\angrybirds.apk

Or you could just put the .apk file in the root of C:

ive done that what do i do now?:P

Guest jamielockeymusic
well put it in the same folder that you have adb.exe in. Then you can do adb push angrybirds.apk /data/app/ (change the correct .apk filename).

i did this but it force closes when i open it? :P

The problem with angry birds is related to the android sd apps problems. Remove the sd card and it should install to internal. Unfortunitely that is the best fix we have at the moment. The device-mapper issue I mentioned in my last post is related.

I added device-mapper support to the kernel, but still not working.

D/VoldCmdListener( 1130): asec list

D/VoldCmdListener( 1130): asec create smdl2tmp1 14 fat {} 10022

E/Vold	( 1130): Error loading mapping table (Invalid argument)

E/Vold	( 1130): ASEC device mapping failed (Invalid argument)

It will need a bit more investigation, but at least /dev/device-mapper is there now.

Here is some interesting debug output about the ril network selection issue.

D/RILJ ( 1309): 0: [84] QUERY_AVAILABLE_NETWORKS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 3252] Received phonesvc event : CM_PH_EVENT_AVAILABLE_NETWORKS_CONF (69650)

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_event.c 288] qcril_event_main(): 1 items on queue

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 2239] AMSS=>RIL [ label = "CM_PH_EVENT_AVAILABLE_NETWORKS_CONF" ];

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 2248] RIL <--- CM_PH_EVENT_AVAILABLE_NETWORKS_CONF (69650) --- AMSS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm_ons.c 2545] ONS info from UE Memory List

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4353] Reply to RIL --> Number of available networks : 6

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4357] Reply to RIL --> Network[0] long EONS : Singtel Optus Ltd

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4359] Reply to RIL --> Network[0] short EONS : YES OPTUS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4361] Reply to RIL --> Network[0] MCCMNC : 50502

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4363] Reply to RIL --> Network[0] status : current

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4366] Reply to RIL --> Network[0] Networktype : NETTYPE_SYS_RAT_UMTS_RADIO_ACCESS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4357] Reply to RIL --> Network[1] long EONS : Singtel Optus Ltd

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4359] Reply to RIL --> Network[1] short EONS : YES OPTUS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4361] Reply to RIL --> Network[1] MCCMNC : 50502

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4363] Reply to RIL --> Network[1] status : current

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4366] Reply to RIL --> Network[1] Networktype : NETTYPE_SYS_RAT_GSM_RADIO_ACCESS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4357] Reply to RIL --> Network[2] long EONS : Vodafone Australia

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4359] Reply to RIL --> Network[2] short EONS : Vodafone

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4361] Reply to RIL --> Network[2] MCCMNC : 50503

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4363] Reply to RIL --> Network[2] status : forbidden

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4366] Reply to RIL --> Network[2] Networktype : NETTYPE_SYS_RAT_GSM_RADIO_ACCESS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4357] Reply to RIL --> Network[3] long EONS : Telstra Corp. Ltd.

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4359] Reply to RIL --> Network[3] short EONS : Telstra

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4361] Reply to RIL --> Network[3] MCCMNC : 50501

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4363] Reply to RIL --> Network[3] status : forbidden

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4366] Reply to RIL --> Network[3] Networktype : NETTYPE_SYS_RAT_GSM_RADIO_ACCESS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4357] Reply to RIL --> Network[4] long EONS : Hutchison 3G

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4359] Reply to RIL --> Network[4] short EONS : 3

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4361] Reply to RIL --> Network[4] MCCMNC : 50506

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4363] Reply to RIL --> Network[4] status : forbidden

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4366] Reply to RIL --> Network[4] Networktype : NETTYPE_SYS_RAT_UMTS_RADIO_ACCESS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4357] Reply to RIL --> Network[5] long EONS : Vodafone Australia

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4359] Reply to RIL --> Network[5] short EONS : Vodafone

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4361] Reply to RIL --> Network[5] MCCMNC : 50503

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4363] Reply to RIL --> Network[5] status : forbidden

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4366] Reply to RIL --> Network[5] Networktype : NETTYPE_SYS_RAT_UMTS_RADIO_ACCESS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_reqlist.c 1060] ReqList entries : Empty

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 3590] RIL=>Android [ label = "RIL_REQUEST_QUERY_AVAILABLE_NETWORKS - Token 84, Success" ];

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 3595] UI <--- RIL_REQUEST_QUERY_AVAILABLE_NETWORKS (48) Complete --- RIL [Token 84, RIL_E_SUCCESS, Len 120 ]

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_event.c 271] qcril_event_main(): Waiting...

W/RILJ ( 1309): [0084]< QUERY_AVAILABLE_NETWORKS exception, possible invalid RIL response

W/RILJ ( 1309): java.lang.RuntimeException: RIL_REQUEST_QUERY_AVAILABLE_NETWORKS: invalid response. Got 30 strings, expected multible of 4

W/RILJ ( 1309): at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.responseNetworkInfos(RIL.java:2894)

W/RILJ ( 1309): at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.processSolicited(RIL.java:2140)

W/RILJ ( 1309): at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.processResponse(RIL.java:2044)

W/RILJ ( 1309): at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.access$300(RIL.java:206)

W/RILJ ( 1309): at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL$RILReceiver.run(RIL.java:536)

W/RILJ ( 1309): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 5465] Received srvsys event : CM_SS_EVENT_RSSI (73729)

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_event.c 288] qcril_event_main(): 1 items on queue

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 2239] AMSS=>RIL [ label = "CM_SS_EVENT_RSSI" ];

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 2248] RIL <--- CM_SS_EVENT_RSSI (73729) --- AMSS

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 1008] Serving System : srv status 2, sys mode 5, roam status 0, hdr_hybrid 0, hdr srv status 0, hdr roam status 0

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 1660] Modem: On --> On, GW SIM: Ready --> Ready, CDMA SIM: Not ready --> Not ready, Mode Config: GW --> GW

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 1666] Subscription: SIM --> SIM, Network: GW --> GW, Mode Preferred: GW --> GW [Event CM_SS_EVENT_RSSI (73729)]

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4530] GW signal is available.

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_cm.c 4569] Signal strength: gw_rssi: 11, gw_bit_error: 0, cdma_dbm: -1, cdma_ecio: -1, hdr_dbm: -1, hdr_ecio: -1, hdr_sinr: -1

D/RILC ( 1449):

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 3660] UI <--- RIL_UNSOL_SIGNAL_STRENGTH (1009) --- RIL [Len 28]

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril.c 3663] RIL=>>Android [ label = "RIL_UNSOL_SIGNAL_STRENGTH" ];

D/RILC ( 1449): [RIL qcril_event.c 271] qcril_event_main(): Waiting...

It looks fixable. com.android.internal.telephony needs to be updated to accept 5 strings instead of 4 for each network.

Edited by Tom G

Guest jamielockeymusic
The problem with angry birds is related to the android sd apps problems. Remove the sd card and it should install to internal. Unfortunitely that is the best fix we have at the moment. The device-mapper issue I mentioned in my last post is related.

I added device-mapper support to the kernel, but still not working.

D/VoldCmdListener( 1130): asec list

D/VoldCmdListener( 1130): asec create smdl2tmp1 14 fat {} 10022

E/Vold	( 1130): Error loading mapping table (Invalid argument)

E/Vold	( 1130): ASEC device mapping failed (Invalid argument)

It will need a bit more investigation, but at least /dev/device-mapper is there now.

It looks fixable. com.android.internal.telephony needs to be updated to accept 5 strings instead of 4 for each network.

Hello tom!

How do I fix market? As it won't let me install? Apps download fine, but never install?

Hello tom!

How do I fix market? As it won't let me install? Apps download fine, but never install?

As I said, remove the sd card. Apps that support the froyo 'install to sd' function will fail to install unless the sd card is removed.

The "Networktype" field is the problem. The NetworkInfo object that is created with the retreived info accepts 4 strings, so we can just ignore the 5th.

public NetworkInfo(String operatorAlphaLong,

String operatorAlphaShort,

String operatorNumeric,

String stateString) {

this (operatorAlphaLong, operatorAlphaShort, operatorNumeric, rilStateToState(stateString));

}

Edited by Tom G

The "Networktype" field is the problem. The NetworkInfo object that is created with the retreived info accepts 4 strings, so we can just ignore the 5th.

public NetworkInfo(String operatorAlphaLong,

String operatorAlphaShort,

String operatorNumeric,

String stateString) {

this (operatorAlphaLong, operatorAlphaShort, operatorNumeric, rilStateToState(stateString));

}

TomTomG :P

Nothing to do with the above buttt.

Do you know what bugs are outstanding and the next release date?

I really do want CM6 on my pulse, but im so stupid, i cant do the things you do :D

Edited by TGWS

TomTomG :P

Nothing to do with the above buttt.

Do you know what bugs are outstanding and the next release date?

I really do want CM6 on my pulse, but im so stupid, i cant do the things you do :D

I will hopefully have a new rom out later today.

I haven't kept track of what has been fixed, but the major fixes are bluetooth and manual network selection.

I just tested the manual network selection and it looks like it works, but I can't really test it here (only my home network allows me to connect) so it won't be properly tested until others try it.

I hope to also do something about the device-mapper/asec/sdcard issue.

Edit: looks like there is a small bug in the network selection in that it shows all networks, even those with status=forbidden. I think I know what the problem is.

Edited by Tom G

I haven't kept track of what has been fixed, but the major fixes are bluetooth and manual network selection.

I just tested the manual network selection and it looks like it works, but I can't really test it here (only my home network allows me to connect) so it won't be properly tested until others try it.

Oh yea, it's 11:40AM there, Forgot.

Well hopefully i will be able to try this ROM soon.

device-mapper/asec/sdcard issue?, Apps cant be installed to the SD card?

I was reading some where that CM doesnt have a partition bit so they can save on the SD card.

Hmm, I'll let you do what you do best.

Good luck, Cheers for the update.

Edited by TGWS

Guest igor_anta

Edit: looks like there is a small bug in the network selection in that it shows all networks, even those with status=forbidden. I think I know what the problem is.

What about kernel modifications? Have you decided about OC, compcache, swap and ext3 (the last one is not that important but i reformatted my card when the new kernel was released and it would be a bother to do it again, I might not be the only one)?

Cheers, this is the best thing to happen to the Pulse, thanks!

What about kernel modifications? Have you decided about OC, compcache, swap and ext3 (the last one is not that important but i reformatted my card when the new kernel was released and it would be a bother to do it again, I might not be the only one)?

Cheers, this is the best thing to happen to the Pulse, thanks!

I had been using the T-Mobile kernel up until now. I had to modify the kernel for devmapper, so I have also added swap and compcache support. The rom doesn't do anything with it yet (init doesn't mount swap and the compcache module isn't included) and probably won't in the new roms, but it will get there eventually. I thought ext3 support was already there, I will add it.

asec is now fixed, I just installed Angry Birds to SD. I just needed to get the kernel config right. I think this will mean apps2sd won't be needed any more (and the ext partition won't be needed).

I tested installing real player to sd (which doesn't normally go on sd) with the cm install location set to external and it worked.

Edited by Tom G