CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest sun lbx

GPU's been always on. Because with GPU turned OFF our Pulse just won't start things like Neocore (or it will FC them)

As we know, our GPU is integrated into CPU. So, when you overclock CPU, you also overclock GPU by doing that.

==

Without pushing or flashing anything here my Pulse shows 28.5FPS in Neocore, CPU speed is 710mhz.

Guest thisweb

Sorry if this has been answered earlier, but I can't find it, Does this Rom support wifi tether. I've tried using a couple of apps like barnacle with CM 0.2 but can't get them to work...? ;)

In this topic, on post #53 by ogiogi... apear a new rom of huaweidevice for huawei u8220

Any Idea?

"New rom on huawei site dated 2010-12-03

U8220-6 V100R001C00B282"

As I've already mentioned on the other thread: Just DON'T DO IT!!!

I have a HUAWEI 8220-6 and it totally messed it up:

The update installed and it boots up but within 10 seconds of getting to the desktop it freezes and then reboots.

I couldn't get to the about to see what version it is.

It screws up the partitions and I'm currently trying to figure out how to get rid of it.

It includes a new fastboot (dated 13 November 2010) which I can connect to via windows.

ADB currently doesn't work as I need to edit the windows drivers because it comes up with a different USB id.

I have a Nandroid backup but it's useless as you cannot downgrade (the new firmware version gives you the 'OEMSBL version unmatched' when trying the Huawei downgrade uppdate.app .

Is there a way to change the device id (say to an older number) so that the downgrade update.app works?

Any help much appreciated!

Is odexing of the system apps totally out of the question now or is still possible??

If you were referring to me, I've tried doing a Nandroid backup of the new/not working rom and it freezes repeatedly at phone.apk so no comparison can be made...

Guest AntonioPT
Tom.You have to try this:gralloc.msm7k.so

and this:

libGLES_qcom.so

I found them on the xda-developers forum.

I just try them.I did get a bit improvements in quadrant (482) with, 445 without them

and in Neocore 27.0 fps with, 24.5 fps without them.

I don't know whats new there, but it's really improve the graphics, acording to the tests.

EDIT:

Oh!

I forgot to mention that I was using the OC kernel to 691MHZ

Also jit enabled

And dalvik heapsize=32m

in both tests.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just check the flbmod rom build.prop

and:

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=30

Best regards

TOTI

Toti, from what XDA-Developers thread did you take the libGLES and gralloc files?

Guest AntonioPT
Sorry if this has been answered earlier, but I can't find it, Does this Rom support wifi tether. I've tried using a couple of apps like barnacle with CM 0.2 but can't get them to work...? ;)

You have to enter Barnacle's settings and check "Skip wpa_supplicant".

Guest AntonioPT
Maybe you should create a CM-performance-tweaks-thread so that the tricks don't disappear here.

I've made a flashable zip with all of totiadrenalin's tricks and .so files, and also with various other ways to enhance performance (OC kernel, JIT, heapsize, ...).

Guest mariussss

thank you very much for the hard work Tom. i love my new froyo device. i'm trying to find the bugs... none so far ;) small question: how can i remove some of the installed gapps? (ex: voice dialler) thanks again

LE: is there any way to make flash player 10.1 to work?

Edited by mariussss

Guest MarcusHenrique

What's up guys?

I just want to ask.. is a known issue that on 0.40 the apps disappear if moved to sdcard?

On 0.30 I had more than 10 apps installed on my sd, and all were working ok. Now on 0.40 all my apps on sd are missing after one reboot.

Thanks! =)

Guest Pulseuser1

dtapp2sd doesnt work for me, i get a bootloop. Someone said that it worked for them as they didnt do a full wipe before flashing the ROM. I did this as well but i got that bootloop.

Guest Richard_Arkless
dtapp2sd doesnt work for me, i get a bootloop. Someone said that it worked for them as they didnt do a full wipe before flashing the ROM. I did this as well but i got that bootloop.

Supposedly if there is rom manager in the system partition under apps then it will break a2sd so its best to either choose my rom (cm6 AIO) which doesnt have it in there or to flash this, install a file manager that allows you to write to the system partition like es file explorer and delete rom manager.apk from system/apps and then flash dtapp2sd

Guest Pulseuser1
Supposedly if there is rom manager in the system partition under apps then it will break a2sd so its best to either choose my rom (cm6 AIO) which doesnt have it in there or to flash this, install a file manager that allows you to write to the system partition like es file explorer and delete rom manager.apk from system/apps and then flash dtapp2sd

i tried using es file exp. to delete rom manager but it does not allow me

Guest Richard_Arkless
i tried using es file exp. to delete rom manager but it does not allow me

go into the file explorer settings then scroll down to root options, tick root explorer and select cyanogenmod, now when you want write permissions just tick mount file system and then when your finished untick it

Guest my_u8220

post-766168-1291562650_thumb.jpg

Hi, I was trying to arrange shortcut on my home screen, however, I dragged the wrong icon to the footer and it was replaced by it (please see the screenshot attached). Can someone tell me how to get the shortcut back for entering into program list (the original shortcut when ROM is flashed)? Thanks!

Guest Sh4d0w940
post-766168-1291562650_thumb.jpg

Hi, I was trying to arrange shortcut on my home screen, however, I dragged the wrong icon to the footer and it was replaced by it (please see the screenshot attached). Can someone tell me how to get the shortcut back for entering into program list (the original shortcut when ROM is flashed)? Thanks!

At your homescreen press menu, then goto new shortcut->custom shortcut->pick activity->launcher actions->open close app drawer

Then drag that shortcut to the bar at the bottom.

Sh4d0w940

Long pressing the home button should show the recent applications. This doesn't work for me...caused by the fact that we haven't dedicated back and home buttons? How do you access to the recent applications menu?

Music controll functions should also appear when the screen is locked. This doesn't work for me, too.

Edited by Ellia

Hi guys,

I have charging problem with my pulse. When i plug it for charging it shows the thunder for a second that is charging and then stop charging. I've tried chraging it thru my PC, but it is the same. When i turn it off it shows that it is charging , but when i turn it on i says connect your charger. And i've experienced this problem couple of times but after a decent tries to charge it come to normal.

Has anyone experienced this problem? And is it software or harware problem?

Guest Pulseuser1

Richard Arkless...you are one cool guy...thank you for help, dtapp2sd works for me now.

But i have another problem, touchpal.

I tried to flash touchpal, not the one found in the market but the one on here (Touchhpal_CM6_signed.zip). it flashed successfully but i cant see it in the settings to choose it as the main input method??

Guest thisweb
Hi guys,

I have charging problem with my pulse. When i plug it for charging it shows the thunder for a second that is charging and then stop charging. I've tried chraging it thru my PC, but it is the same. When i turn it off it shows that it is charging , but when i turn it on i says connect your charger. And i've experienced this problem couple of times but after a decent tries to charge it come to normal.

Has anyone experienced this problem? And is it software or harware problem?

I had the same problem, it turned out to be the lead (possibly pin or wire damage from plugging all the time ). Whenever it was plugged in it flashes the thunderbolt then stops. Bought a new lead and no problems since.

Guest Perrofranco
After the fairly successful port of Froyo to the Pulse, I've decide to try porting CyanogenMod 6. If this is successful I hope it can one day be included into the official CyanogenMod releases.

CM6 is built on Froyo, but adds many extra features. For many of the bugs we are experiencing in Froyo, we have been looking at how they were fixed in CM6. So rather than port the fixes to Froyo, why not port all of CM6 to the Pulse.

There are still a lot of issues, so use it at your own risk, and don't complain if a feature you feel is important doesn't work.

It is too big to fit on the 1.5 system partition, so you must update to a 2.1 official rom before installing this.

Google apps is not included and must be installed seperately.

Current rom: beta-0.40

GApps signed zip: gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip <-- install from recovery

Improved arabic support for browser: arabic-browser-signed.zip

The rom is provided as images that must be flashed with fastboot. I tried to build it as an ota update, but its doesn't include the /data partition and there is a file on /data that is required for the first boot. I will try to fix this in a future release.

Thanks to Flibblesan for providing hosting.

HOW CAN I DO IF I WANNA INSTALL THAT UPDATE FROM V0.30 TO V0.40?

PLEASE HELP ME, I DON'T WANNA MAKE THIS A s***

THANX FROM VENEZUELA