CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest UrbanRider
I Have a problem, i'm currently using Beta 0.40. When i take a picture and then another (2 pictures).. i get a message that theres a problem with the com.android.camera (something like that), and then i cannot use the camera again (i have to reboot my phone)

Is anyone else getting this issue?

everyone of us

Guest mikeb90

guys i've never read about the following issue, my problem is:

sometimes my SMSs apparently are not sent or received O_O is it only my problem? :S

(my cell spec are in my description under the nick :))

Guest Cliffoshay

Sorry in advance for my noob question. I have installed this rom using the instructions in the 2nd post but since then bought a new class 6 sd card to take advantage of swap and A2SD.

I've been wading through posts but basically what I need is guidance on what I need to do next regarding formatting partitioning etc. Do I have to reinstall the rom? Can I do everything through clockwork? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Guest AntonioPT
Sorry in advance for my noob question. I have installed this rom using the instructions in the 2nd post but since then bought a new class 6 sd card to take advantage of swap and A2SD.

I've been wading through posts but basically what I need is guidance on what I need to do next regarding formatting partitioning etc. Do I have to reinstall the rom? Can I do everything through clockwork? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Well, if you're using Clockwork, you can partition your SD card using ROM Manager.

First of all backup everything you've got on your SD card, as the partitioning will delete it all.

Now open ROM Manager and tap Partition SD Card.

256MB is a good size for the EXT partition (the one that will contain your apps) and 64MB (or 128MB, given you have a Class 6 card) is a good size for Swap.

Reboot (I don't remember if it reboots automatically).

The boot process will take a few minutes as A2SD is moving all your apps to the SD card.

When it boots up, you should have A2SD and Swap configured :)

If you want to check it, open the Terminal Emulator, run "su" and then run "a2sd check".

EDIT: You may also want to move the Dalvik cache to the SD card, run "a2sd cachesd" after "su".

Edited by AntonioPT

Well, if you're using Clockwork, you can partition your SD card using ROM Manager.

First of all backup everything you've got on your SD card, as the partitioning will delete it all.

256MB is a good size for the EXT partition (the one that will contain your apps) and 64MB (or 128MB, given you have a Class 6 card) is a good size for Swap.

The boot process will take a few minutes as A2SD is moving all your apps to the SD card.

If you want to check it, open the Terminal Emulator, run "su" and then run "a2sd check".

EDIT: You may also want to move the Dalvik cache to the SD card, run "a2sd cachesd" after "su".

Hi Antonio PT, I have a 8 GB SD (class 6) on my huawei 8220 and when i move the Dalvik cache to the SD card (a2sd cachesd), then phone works more slowly and more often is labeled, This is Normally? someone else did this happen? Anyone know any solution?.

Thanks AntonioPT

Tom, if no one else has reported it, I believe there is a typo in the build.prop:

rild.libargs=-d

/dev/smd0
should be on one line as follows:
rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0

However, I don't know what it really does or if it actually "fixes" anything. (But I'm guessing you will know what it does.)

Guest Cliffoshay

Many thanks for that AntionioPT. Phone rebooted but a2sd check reports 'not found'.

Many thanks for that AntionioPT. Phone rebooted but a2sd check reports 'not found'.

Had the same problem. Look a few post back up in this topic, you'll find the answere there, it worked for me anyways.

You'll need the app called Root explorer. Or any other filemanager that let's you R/W files in the /System directory on your phone.

Edited by Nielzs

Guest AntonioPT
Hi Antonio PT, I have a 8 GB SD (class 6) on my huawei 8220 and when i move the Dalvik cache to the SD card (a2sd cachesd), then phone works more slowly and more often is labeled, This is Normally? someone else did this happen? Anyone know any solution?.

Thanks AntonioPT

That shouldn't happen with a Class 6 card... Are you sure it's Class 6? Did you bought it at a regular store or online?

That shouldn't happen with a Class 6 card... Are you sure it's Class 6? Did you bought it at a regular store or online?

Yes, I'm sure. It's a Nokia 8Gb class 6, it's from my Nokia 5800.

Guest AntonioPT
Yes, I'm sure. It's a Nokia 8Gb class 6, it's from my Nokia 5800.

Well, if you think it's sluggish, run "a2sd nocache" after "su" to move the Dalvik cache back into the phone.

Well, if you think it's sluggish, run "a2sd nocache" after "su" to move the Dalvik cache back into the phone.

Thanks... but i need move the Dalvik cache to the SD because my internal memory is almost full.

Thanks again

Guest h3dshot
After the fairly successful port of Froyo to the Pulse, I've decide to try porting CyanogenMod 6. If this is successful I hope it can one day be included into the official CyanogenMod releases.

CM6 is built on Froyo, but adds many extra features. For many of the bugs we are experiencing in Froyo, we have been looking at how they were fixed in CM6. So rather than port the fixes to Froyo, why not port all of CM6 to the Pulse.

There are still a lot of issues, so use it at your own risk, and don't complain if a feature you feel is important doesn't work.

It is too big to fit on the 1.5 system partition, so you must update to a 2.1 official rom before installing this.

Google apps is not included and must be installed seperately.

Current rom: beta-0.40

GApps signed zip: gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip <-- install from recovery

Improved arabic support for browser: arabic-browser-signed.zip

The rom is provided as images that must be flashed with fastboot. I tried to build it as an ota update, but its doesn't include the /data partition and there is a file on /data that is required for the first boot. I will try to fix this in a future release.

Thanks to Flibblesan for providing hosting.

when trying to flash the gapps through clockwork, i get the following message:

--installing:SDCARD:gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip

finding update package...

opening update package...

installing update...

copying files...

copying files...

E:failure at line 4:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

installation aborted.

help? :)

Guest fearbrain
when trying to flash the gapps through clockwork, i get the following message:

--installing:SDCARD:gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip

finding update package...

opening update package...

installing update...

copying files...

copying files...

E:failure at line 4:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

installation aborted.

help? :)

Me too.

Try this: http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/...1020-signed.zip

Succesfully managed to get 0.40 working (at last), 0.30 too much lag.

RomManager.apk to /data does the trick, some problems do exist with manual copy of apk's to /sd-ext (a lot of forcecloses), but app by app will work.

System:

0.40+710 Mhz OC+Dta2sd working.

:)

Hello, i have installed it on my Pulse and i am very happy with it, but now i want to change the partitions on my SD-Card, with the AmonRa it is possible in the Recovery, I know it works with ROM Manager but i want a 1GB Partition so Rom-Manager wont work. My question is, does the ROM start with the AmonRa?

I thought about flashing AmonRa with Rom-Manager then boot in recovery, part my SD-Card reboot and flash Clockwork-Recovery. Will it be possible? Or doesn't the Froyo start with AmonRa Recovery installed?

Hello, i have installed it on my Pulse and i am very happy with it, but now i want to change the partitions on my SD-Card, with the AmonRa it is possible in the Recovery, I know it works with ROM Manager but i want a 1GB Partition so Rom-Manager wont work. My question is, does the ROM start with the AmonRa?

I thought about flashing AmonRa with Rom-Manager then boot in recovery, part my SD-Card reboot and flash Clockwork-Recovery. Will it be possible? Or doesn't the Froyo start with AmonRa Recovery installed?

As far as I know, you can easily use Paragon Partition manager for EXT2/3/4 partitioning as far as the SD card goes... :)

Guest elkikin

Hi, first post here. Does anyone know how to get new dictionaries for the default android keyboard in cyanogenmod? I know I used to have the portuguese dictionary in my network's official 2.1 update. :)

Guest AntonioPT
Hi, first post here. Does anyone know how to get new dictionaries for the default android keyboard in cyanogenmod? I know I used to have the portuguese dictionary in my network's official 2.1 update. :)

Just install another keyboard, the default Android keyboard IMHO sucks.

Touchpal is nice :)

Guest elkikin
If you want the APKs (Touchpal + Touchpak Portuguese Pack) let me know and I'll upload them for you.

Yes, that would be great, since i won't have internet in my phone for the next few days :)

Guest AntonioPT
Yes, that would be great, since i won't have internet in my phone for the next few days :)

Here you go, just flash this zip in the recovery and it will install Touchpal + Touchpal PT language pack :)

If you want the raw apks just extract the zip, they're in /data/app.

touchpal-pt-signed.zip