15/Jan [GUIDE] Installing the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM from scratch (and other ROMS)

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest StevenHarperUK

Latest Update

6th December - Updated ROMS that are known to be TFT Compatible - Toned down the warning a bit - Added factory reset to stage 2

Please continue to post any TFT friendly ROM experiences

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest StevenHarperUK
txs for the tips.

I installed Universal Androot, is the same that universal ROOT tool? because it's not working OK... I have to keep rooting it, and sometimes it fails.

Every time i try to download Flash Player 10.1 from market, like AppBrain, i get the error "the requested item could not be found". Any tips on this?

I'll try the apps to remove programs... txs!

anyone to suggest a ROM ? ;)

cheers,

HiMem

Universal Root is the one mentioned in the Thread here

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...nd-workarounds/

You CANT have 10.1 - Its not compiled for your CPU.

Steve

Guest Kthulhu

In the 1st pots is said that "Frankdroid r1 New Froyo" is compatible with TFT - who has confirmed this? I can not find the info in the forum.

Any case: Amazing guide StevenHarperUK!!!

Guest StevenHarperUK

Latest Update

8th December - Updated CustomBladeVillain RSL3 to be Compatible with TFT and OLE

Anyone know if the Standard Kendon BladeVillain works on TFT?

Guest theInquisitor

Is there an overview and/or comparison of the original operator-branded ROMs? I wonder why the developers of customized ROMs use different ROMs, when I expect using the latest one would eliminate bugs of earlier ones.

Guest super san francisco
You CANT have 10.1 - Its not compiled for your CPU.

Steve

i think you are mistaken. it was posted some days or some weeks ago. search for "flash for 2.1" or something like that.

installed it, worked out nicely. tested it on an O2 page that perviously said that i needed flash to visit it.

after the install it let me get there:)

didn't have lots of animation, as in the browser, but let me enter stuff and so on....

EDIT: there you go:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...eclair-devices/

Edited by super san francisco

Guest StevenHarperUK
i think you are mistaken. it was posted some days or some weeks ago. search for "flash for 2.1" or something like that.

installed it, worked out nicely. tested it on an O2 page that perviously said that i needed flash to visit it.

after the install it let me get there:)

didn't have lots of animation, as in the browser, but let me enter stuff and so on....

EDIT: there you go:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...eclair-devices/

That thread mainly confirms that ONLY flash lite is working on ARM6 and that not a single person said : Yes it works. They all comment with

This doesn't work as i tried it myself about a week ago.

Flash currently only works on ARMv7 devices.

The SF has a ARMv6 proccessor and cannot handle flash currently.

Unless Adobe decides to bring it for ARMv6 devices, the only way is flash lite really.

This doesn't work as i tried it myself about a week ago.

Really hope Adobe get Flash 10.1 for ARMv6 CPU's on Android sorted out soon. I used to watch Flash 10.1 content through a browser on my Nokia 5800XM, why not my San Fran.

Hopefully, it seems silly to me that SkyFire for Symbian can play Flash 10.1 content on a Nokia 5800 with a 434Mhz ARM11(v6) processor yet we're still waiting for Flash 10.1 to work on Android phones with better processors

As I said the full version of Adobe Flash is NOT compiled for ARM6 Flash LITE is available but it is not proper Flash.

Guest tocixxx

Thank YOU very much.. I have not been active in cooking for some time due work reasons and i lost track about the diffrent versions...

This is perfect.

Paul, Pin it INSTANTLY ;)

Guest Sebastian404
The only difference with the Linux command is that you need sudo in-front of the command and you have to add a ./ infront of the executables

The Linux command

sudo ./fastboot-linux flash recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img
On Windows is
fastboot-windows flash recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img
On OSX is
./fastboot-mac flash recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img
If you are working on windows - don't cd to your desktop - it is much simpler to work on the root of C drive
Should that not be
fastboot-xxx flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img

?

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest StevenHarperUK
Should that not be

fastboot-xxx flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img

?

Yeh is should but I think as its a guide for the new people - I want to leave it in long hand - cheers for the suggestion thou.

Seb - you don't know which of your ROMS are TFT compatible please

Guest StevenHarperUK

Latest Update

8th December - Updated Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 and Finnish Fillyjonk RLS1 to be TFT and OLE

Alas I think I will never get a sticky ;)

Next Update will remove the Vote

Guest Sebastian404
Yeh is should but I think as its a guide for the new people - I want to leave it in long hand - cheers for the suggestion thou.

Seb - you don't know which of your ROMS are TFT compatible please

I more meant the fact your missing the 'recovery' part of 'fastboot flash recovery <file>' ....

They are all based on B05 so I assume none of the de-oranged ones are, not sure about the French based roms.. not had any feedback.

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest StevenHarperUK
I more meant the fact your missing the 'recovery' part of 'fastboot flash recovery <file>' ....

They are all based on B05 so I assume none of the de-oranged ones are, not sure about the French based roms.. not had any feedback.

Ah ta - Silly me - fixing

Guest StevenHarperUK

Update

Fixed - needed word recovery adding

sudo ./fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img

Thanks Sebastian

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest mountainchris

This user guide looks by far the easiest and most well structured guide I have come across as a noob to all things San Francisco so I have started down the road of attempting to get my phone rid of all the orange stuff! Cheers to the OP...

But I am having a few issues (hope you don't mind me posting them here?) I am using a MAC if this helps...

I have managed to download a folder onto my desktop which is called fastboot (it contains 8 different 'things')

The bit I am struggling with is the next stage where you have to download clockworkmod recovery (older version), basically once I hit the download button I get a new page up with what looks like a load of gobbledegook on it, now when I normally download stuff it goes automatically into my download file so this has stumped me somewhat... anybody offer some words of advice???

Any help would be much appreciated, especially in plain english ;)

ps. I have voted for this to be pinned as that'd be very helpful!

Edited by Paul

Guest StevenHarperUK
This user guide looks by far the easiest and most well structured guide I have come across as a noob to all things San Francisco so I have started down the road of attempting to get my phone rid of all the orange stuff! Cheers to the OP...

But I am having a few issues (hope you don't mind me posting them here?) I am using a MAC if this helps...

I have managed to download a folder onto my desktop which is called fastboot (it contains 8 different 'things')

The bit I am struggling with is the next stage where you have to download clockworkmod recovery (older version), basically once I hit the download button I get a new page up with what looks like a load of gobbledegook on it, now when I normally download stuff it goes automatically into my download file so this has stumped me somewhat... anybody offer some words of advice???

Any help would be much appreciated, especially in plain english :)

ps. I have voted for this to be pinned as that'd be very helpful!

Right click on the link and choose save as - the problem is - that your browser is trying to display the .img file rather than download it.

Also try another browser (firefox)?

Edit : Ah yes you have a MAC and probably no right click - try dragging the link onto the desktop? or maybe just try firefox.

Edited by Paul

Guest mountainchris

Cheers for your help... now got the clockworkmod file and transfered it to the fastboot file (did end up using firefox!)... followed stage 1 and it seemed to work although got the following message in terminal window:

"ERROR: could not get pipe properties

rebooting... "

Is that something important? Do I need to do anything before I move onto stage 2?

Thanks in advance... :)