15/Jan [GUIDE] Installing the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM from scratch (and other ROMS)

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest bebop68

Hi - I've been trying the japanese jellyfish rom, and have been having wierd problems with it relating to the sd card.

It says the sd card is corrupted, but its readable on my mac.

sometimes it can't see the sd card at all.

android wont format the card, nor mount it

clockworkmod won't format the card (even when it says it has, it hasn't)

clockworkmod won't mount the card.

So far so replace the sd card. I tried that. I still get the same problems.

I put the orange rom zip back, had the same problems. Then I put the orange recovery img back with fastboot, and a couple of reboots later it was working the sd card properly.

I put clockworkmod back and got the same problems. I've tried 2.5.1.8 from seb and 2.5.0.3, both do it.

I have a tft san francisco - build b08. Seb's 2.5.1.8 is built on b07 firmware. Is this the issue? Is there a clockworkmod built on b08?

Thanks for reading

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi - I've been trying the japanese jellyfish rom, and have been having wierd problems with it relating to the sd card.

It says the sd card is corrupted, but its readable on my mac.

sometimes it can't see the sd card at all.

android wont format the card, nor mount it

clockworkmod won't format the card (even when it says it has, it hasn't)

clockworkmod won't mount the card.

So far so replace the sd card. I tried that. I still get the same problems.

I put the orange rom zip back, had the same problems. Then I put the orange recovery img back with fastboot, and a couple of reboots later it was working the sd card properly.

I put clockworkmod back and got the same problems. I've tried 2.5.1.8 from seb and 2.5.0.3, both do it.

I have a tft san francisco - build b08. Seb's 2.5.1.8 is built on b07 firmware. Is this the issue? Is there a clockworkmod built on b08?

Thanks for reading

I assume your just using FAT32 and have no ext2/3 partitions on that card.

Do you have a SD Card reader - I would copy everything off it - Format the card in a normal OS (windows/ linux / osx) and put it all back on again.

Guest bebop68
I assume your just using FAT32 and have no ext2/3 partitions on that card.

Do you have a SD Card reader - I would copy everything off it - Format the card in a normal OS (windows/ linux / osx) and put it all back on again.

Thanks for your reply. I'm using fat32. The two cards i have work fine in the two card readers I have. When the phone says they are not working, they work and their file systems are intact in the card readers. When I mount the cards while inside the phone, I can sometimes read files off them and sometimes not. When the phone is not reading the cards, I can't partition or format them while usb mounted, but I can while in card readers.

I've copied everything of the cards and formatted them in the card reader in both mac, and windows, and with sdcard.org's formatter utility. None of these help.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Thanks for your reply. I'm using fat32. The two cards i have work fine in the two card readers I have. When the phone says they are not working, they work and their file systems are intact in the card readers. When I mount the cards while inside the phone, I can sometimes read files off them and sometimes not. When the phone is not reading the cards, I can't partition or format them while usb mounted, but I can while in card readers.

I've copied everything of the cards and formatted them in the card reader in both mac, and windows, and with sdcard.org's formatter utility. None of these help.

I think that the pins / caddy are not contacting correctly.

Can you try GENTLY pressing the sdcard while the back is off.

I think that maybe one of the pins that contacts the card is too flat (been bent lower).

If you can see that some or one of them are lower - turn the phone OFF take the battery out and very very carefully raise the pins up with a normal house pin.

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest bebop68

ok my file OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08.recovery.img (3.6mb) is not the original but clockworkmod 2.5.1.3 - meaning the sd card working 20 minutes ago was a fluke, not because I'd just restored it with fastboot. I'm thinking this is hardware failure. I've got the orange rom back on and I'm about to take it back to the shop for a swap - before I do, is there a copy of the real original .img floating about? Or how do I remove clockworkmod?

Thanks again.

Guest bebop68
I think that the pins / caddy are not contacting correctly.

Can you try GENTLY pressing the sdcard while the back is off.

I think that maybe one of the pins that contacts the card is too flat (been bent lower).

If you can see that some or one of them are lower - turn the phone OFF take the battery out and very very carefully raise the pins up with a normal house pin.

I had looked at the pins before, they're all within half a hair's width of each other in height, but I pulled the lower ones up. This has had no effect. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Guest bebop68
ok my file OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08.recovery.img (3.6mb) is not the original but clockworkmod 2.5.1.3 - meaning the sd card working 20 minutes ago was a fluke, not because I'd just restored it with fastboot. I'm thinking this is hardware failure. I've got the orange rom back on and I'm about to take it back to the shop for a swap - before I do, is there a copy of the real original .img floating about? Or how do I remove clockworkmod?

Thanks again.

Is there a way to remove clockworkmod ? Is the original .img around somewhere?

Guest zillfish
Check the ROM you choose most are compatible with 2.5.0.9.

I use the Japanese Jellyfish R3b (and overclock) and find it very good.

Thanks for prompt response, I've started reading through the jellyfish thread, ( only halfway), and there do seem to be some issues. Maybe they are resolved if I read to end, but if not I'll stick for now.

thanks again.

Guest StevenHarperUK

Latest Update

2nd January - Added new "Total Phone Transfer" section and also added this 1st ROM - Volcano 0.2 TPT-ROM (OLE/TFT) by isambard

Guest Fou-lu

Hey, great guide :unsure:

just a quick question, with "clockwork recovery" and a "command prompt" app,

no need to flash with pc? Cause got no acess to pc at all, and gonna wana flash a froyo later on B)

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hey, great guide :unsure:

just a quick question, with "clockwork recovery" and a "command prompt" app,

no need to flash with pc? Cause got no acess to pc at all, and gonna wana flash a froyo later on B)

Yes you can do that way without a PC, use ASTRO file manager from the market to unzip and do md5sum checks

Guest Simon O

Hi Steven, could you update the FLB-Froyo line please?

ROM NAME				 BASE ROM   ANDROID  TFT	   ROOT  SCREEN  OVER   HW	A2SD	BLOAT	VM   APN	  KEYBOARD   DEFAULT  TITAINIUM
VERSION COMPATIBLE DENSITY CLOCK ACCEL REMOVED SIZE LIST (HTC IME) LAUNCHER BACKUP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FLB-Froyo G2 (r5) Chinese R4 2.2 OLE/TFT YES 240 NO YES NA YES 32 Updated Stock Launcher2 NO

TFT COMPATABLE : UNKNOWN* means that some users have reported it working, but not confirmed by ROM developer.[/code]

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Arr Too

Steven, do you know you can write HTML in posts? It'd really help with the formatting of the main table. All you need to do is change Post Options to HTML On (Auto), at the bottom near the Add Reply/Post button. I've taken the liberty of knocking a quick one up from your latest version -- you should be able to cut it out of this post (or from quoting in a [pretend] reply).

Edit: removed table so that it doesn't cause confusion.

Edited by Arr Too

Guest umster

Steven,

thanks for your help

In your humble opinion is the Japanese Jellyfish RLS3b still the best one to use? your opinion is important to me

Thank mate.

Regards

Edited by umster

Guest umster
Steven,

In your humble opinion is the Japanese Jellyfish RLS3b still the best of the best to use?

Thank mate.

Regards

Just been reading the first couple of pages on this thread... excellent instructions very clear!! keep up the excellent work.

thank you

Guest StevenHarperUK
Steven,

thanks for your help

In your humble opinion is the Japanese Jellyfish RLS3b still the best one to use? your opinion is important to me

Thank mate.

Regards

It's what I have on my device : so yes I suppose.

No discredit to any other ROM's.

I particularly like the new FM Radio, the Overclock and Frankish's Gingerbread with thin circle theme.

Guest umster
It's what I have on my device : so yes I suppose.

No discredit to any other ROM's.

I particularly like the new FM Radio, the Overclock and Frankish's Gingerbread with thin circle theme.

excellent so that is what I shall try out. so that that mean the overclock is already included within the rom? if so what is the mhz?

thx :unsure:

Guest StevenHarperUK
excellent so that is what I shall try out. so that that mean the overclock is already included within the rom? if so what is the mhz?

thx :unsure:

Its a AHB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Micr...us_Architecture Overclock to 50%

You

• boot into clockwork
  • install the ROM
  • Let it boot
  • reboot into clockwork
  • Install the overclock
  • Reboot

Treat the overclock update just like the rom (install from SDcard - choose file)

Guest umster
Its a AHB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Micr...us_Architecture Overclock to 50%

You

• boot into clockwork
  • install the ROM
  • Let it boot
  • reboot into clockwork
  • Install the overclock
  • Reboot

Treat the overclock update just like the rom (install from SDcard - choose file)

Thank you for your prompt reply back... I will do that!! cheers :unsure:

I wish I would get help on the HTC Desire HD thread like I get there!!!