Custom Battery Indicator In Taskbar

Guest crazyfool_1

OK, after searching around for a way to make just the battery different, I found the UOT Kitchen...

This just alters the battery, and so everything else is left as was... :)

Attached screen shot and the just battery (although if you have altered other icons etc, I imagine it will reset them back to stock if using this...

Hope this helps people who were stuck like me :)

loading this zip via the clockwordmod works fine and it changes your taskbar battery icon, however, be aware that if you already loaded a custom bootanimation, execution of this zip file will set your bootanimation to nothing, i.e. you will not have a bootanimation.

For those who want the droid bootanimation and this taskbar battery icon, I have done a zip file which can be loaded via clockworkmod.

Put zip file on SD card root. Go into clockworkmod recovery mode, select install zip from SD card, choose the zip and execute, then do a reboot via the clockworkmod menu system.

All credit should go to iDroid84, who design the Droid animation, and lovelldr for his taskbar icon above.

droid_battery.zip

Edited by xzyk

Guest LorianNod
loading this zip via the clockwordmod works fine and it changes your taskbar battery icon, however, be aware that if you already loaded a custom bootanimation, execution of this zip file will set your bootanimation to nothing, i.e. you will not have a bootanimation.

For those who want the droid bootanimation and this taskbar battery icon, I have done a zip file which can be loaded via clockworkmod.

Put zip file on SD card root. Go into clockworkmod recovery mode, select install zip from SD card, choose the zip and execute, then do a reboot via the clockworkmod menu system.

All credit should go to iDroid84, who design the Droid animation, and lovelldr for his taskbar icon above.

Sorry which boot animation is in this, can you point me at a pic?

That battery indicator looks great!

Just so I know for future reference, how do you remove it once its installed if I want to go back to the stock battery indicator?

Guest crazyfool_1

sorry to sound dumb but is it possible to use uot kitchen to add the battery indicator to the desire theme, I have selected the battery indicator and uploaded the framework file from the theme but it fails everytime.. obviously i'm doing something wrong... any ideas...

@xzyk

# What did you add to framework-res.apk to get the custom battery? Was there any .xml files you had to compile or just images?

Nothing special. I simply extracted my existing framework-res.apk, then extracted the PNGs contained within it, since I already had one of your DROIR bootanimation. Then copy these PNGs into your UOT_ZC_10_15_13_10_1.zip (using 7-zip) in the appropriate subdirectory. I never have to sign, since using clockworkmod and loadng via a zip file, it is not required. Then i simply load the zip via clockworkmod recovery.

Obviously I always take a backup before doing anything, just in case. The worse that can happen is i have to re-load my backup, no biggy.

Edited by xzyk

Guest LorianNod

Thanks both, that helped a lot. I have seb r4 rom and like the plain android flash boot graphics in there, so I took the one with the ZTE boot images and changed it to use the images from seb's rom. I have flashed it using clockwork and it works OK for me.

Here it is if anyone else wants it. Please make a backup before using it.

Thanks to lovelldr, iDroid84 and xzyk and seb of course.

EDIT: I've noticed there is a performance drop after installing this, so I';m going to remove the attachment for the moment. I'll investigate further tomorrow. Angry Birds has quite a noticeable framerate drop.

Edited by LorianNod

Guest AndyHibberd

Just came in to add my 2 cents:

I'm using this,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ttery+indicator

It sits in the notification bar but doesn't replace the current indicator. It's not very readable in our ROM but I think he's looking at diff fonts.

Basically you don't have to be a techwiz, it's just a normal app install.

Some mind find it useful.

Andy

• 2 months later...
Guest That-Guy
OK, after searching around for a way to make just the battery different, I found the UOT Kitchen...

This just alters the battery, and so everything else is left as was... B)

Attached screen shot and the just battery (although if you have altered other icons etc, I imagine it will reset them back to stock if using this...

Hope this helps people who were stuck like me :D

Thanks having a play with their site now :P

2.1 and kitchen -> FCs everywhere :D

So no circle battery for me today (well, still trying...)

Same here :P , I'm sure other people have had it working though

Guest julakali

Hm after trying for several hours I got to a point where some things DO work, but it crashes on most Settings Dialogs.. :D

I get Exceptions like this:

W/dalvikvm( 1889): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x2aaca228)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889): java.lang.RuntimeException: Binary XML file line #2: You must supply a layout_width attribute.

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.content.res.TypedArray.getLayoutDimension(TypedArray.java:438)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.view.ViewGroup$LayoutParams.setBaseAttributes(ViewGroup.java:3467)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.view.ViewGroup$LayoutParams.<init>(ViewGroup.java:3422)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.AbsListView$LayoutParams.<init>(AbsListView.java:3384)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.AbsListView.generateLayoutParams(AbsListView.java:3208)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.AbsListView.generateLayoutParams(AbsListView.java:77)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:395)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:320)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.preference.Preference.onCreateView(Preference.java:413)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.preference.Preference.getView(Preference.java:390)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.preference.PreferenceGroupAdapter.getView(PreferenceGroupAdapter.java:187)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.AbsListView.obtainView(AbsListView.java:1280)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.ListView.makeAndAddView(ListView.java:1668)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.ListView.fillDown(ListView.java:637)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.ListView.fillFromTop(ListView.java:694)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.ListView.layoutChildren(ListView.java:1521)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.AbsListView.onLayout(AbsListView.java:1119)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.view.View.layout(View.java:6836)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.FrameLayout.onLayout(FrameLayout.java:333)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.LinearLayout.setChildFrame(LinearLayout.java:1119)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.LinearLayout.layoutVertical(LinearLayout.java:998)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.LinearLayout.onLayout(LinearLayout.java:918)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.widget.FrameLayout.onLayout(FrameLayout.java:333)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.view.ViewRoot.performTraversals(ViewRoot.java:1003)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.view.ViewRoot.handleMessage(ViewRoot.java:1640)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:205)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4409)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1889):		at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/dalvikvm-heap( 1797): external alloc 2304

E/dalvikvm-heap( 1797): external alloc 3104

E/dalvikvm-heap( 1797): external alloc 9216

E/dalvikvm-heap( 1797): external alloc 2304

Guest julakali

I was going to upload the framework-res.apk i created, but my UMTS connection didnt let me..

Will have real internet access tonight and give more information.