Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bisto321
go to pc world website, select internet tablets and notice the vega has gone!

to see the vega you have to click the banner and its gone back to coming soon

oh balls

B) :) :)

Guest Bisto321

I am going into PCW this weekend and I am jolly well going to come out with a tablet and thats all I have to say about that!

Yeah, that will show them - buy a £470 Gtab just to spite them.

yay, I win B)

Guest whatkatedoes
yay, I win B)

FOLIO VS. VEGA

Whoever wins... we lose(out)

Seriously tho, I feel like am in my pram "waaaahhhinng" - I really *want* a decent non-Ipad tablet.. and I CANT get one lol

I'm busy trying to decide whether its the Archos 101 or Vega for me.. but its not helping that I cant get either just now, even to play with!

I *miss* my Folio.. then I remember the viewing angles.. if the Archos and Vega disappoint (notably in the viewing angles) then I *may* buy another Folio once they're given their little polish and makeup and pushed onto the stage again!

Guest Unguided
is that from a saved link? if you click computing/ internet tablets vega is not llisted as an option.

either way the wait is still on .. yawn tired now

The fact the page is still there is good, when the Folio went they the product page as well and it took you to the advert page for Internet tablets.

Lurker for several weeks, first post so obligatory "Hello all!". I feel all your frustration. Ordered and cancelled an Archos 101 after being dicked around and not liking problems initial users were having. Decided instead to go for a Commtiva N700 (via Tesco Direct) which arrived yesterday. The company Linx was/is responsive to my queries and so far I'm well pleased with the device. You lose screen estate, resolution and (I'm guessing) some grunt but for me that's compensated for by phone functionality and two cameras (I'm a dev so that's important to me, maybe not you). I've got no connection with the company, other than now being a satisfied customer, but I thought I would bring the device to your attention since it seems still to have a low profile in the media. Sorry, I don't have time to do "reviews" but I'll answer questions (if I can).

I'm still planning on buying the Vega since I still want 10" (oooo, smutty joke beckons :-)) ), though after Archos delays and now Dixons at it I'm gonna be a lot more cautious and now want to see an end-user review/s before handing over the readies. Plus I'm going to be real PO'ed if they fail to get it on the shelves before the VAT hike.

By way of introduction, still class myself as an Android newbie but so far my collection includes an Apad iRobot (r2), Orange SF (awaiting 2.2) and now this N700. Linux user/dev looking to do my own Android kernel builds soon.

Guest Bisto321

Right, that's it had enough!

Just bought rucksack and some velcro.

Velcroed Phone, Portable Divx DVD palyer and Netbook to it.

Da, dah - portable media companion. Screw you Advent - Who's laughing now?

Are my post's helpful in anyway? I think not, I am going out now to bother some PCW/Curry's staff (I promise I won't post my findings on here)

I am off work this week (using leave up because I can't carry it over!) and the lack of something to do or play with is killing me

I have de-leafed a trampoline and sealed it for winter, replaced a drainpipe, picked up spent fireworks and made a model of an Ovum Cell (don't ask!)

I am considering going to see Jedward with my wife and daughter tonight B) and it is all Advent and Toshiba's fault.

Guest MarkoUK
Right, that's it had enough!

Just bought rucksack and some velcro.

Velcroed Phone, Portable Divx DVD palyer and Netbook to it.

Da, dah - portable media companion. Screw you Advent - Who's laughing now?

Are my post's helpful in anyway? I think not, I am going out now to bother some PCW/Curry's staff (I promise I won't post my findings on here)

I am off work this week (using leave up because I can't carry it over!) and the lack of something to do or play with is killing me

I have de-leafed a trampoline and sealed it for winter, replaced a drainpipe, picked up spent fireworks and made a model of an Ovum Cell (don't ask!)

I am considering going to see Jedward with my wife and daughter tonight B) and it is all Advent and Toshiba's fault.

Right, that's it!! I've seen you suffer enough and I can't take it anymore. People - we need to help this man. I'm going to drive to DSG Head Office and punch someone.

What kind action perform to rescue this man from the brink of an audience with spunk-haired little fuckwits?

Please donate now!

Guest JonnyDixon
Lurker for several weeks, first post so obligatory "Hello all!". I feel all your frustration. Ordered and cancelled an Archos 101 after being dicked around and not liking problems initial users were having. Decided instead to go for a Commtiva N700 (via Tesco Direct) which arrived yesterday. The company Linx was/is responsive to my queries and so far I'm well pleased with the device. You lose screen estate, resolution and (I'm guessing) some grunt but for me that's compensated for by phone functionality and two cameras (I'm a dev so that's important to me, maybe not you). I've got no connection with the company, other than now being a satisfied customer, but I thought I would bring the device to your attention since it seems still to have a low profile in the media. Sorry, I don't have time to do "reviews" but I'll answer questions (if I can).

I'm still planning on buying the Vega since I still want 10" (oooo, smutty joke beckons :-)) ), though after Archos delays and now Dixons at it I'm gonna be a lot more cautious and now want to see an end-user review/s before handing over the readies. Plus I'm going to be real PO'ed if they fail to get it on the shelves before the VAT hike.

By way of introduction, still class myself as an Android newbie but so far my collection includes an Apad iRobot (r2), Orange SF (awaiting 2.2) and now this N700. Linux user/dev looking to do my own Android kernel builds soon.

Does this have 3g? Multi touch? Access to market?

I was expecting it to be a bit on the slow side but so far I'm happy with the speed. Had suspected it would have the guts of an Orange SF/ XTE Blade, just a bigger screen and battery, seems faster, could be my imagination or the fact it comes with 2.2. Will install SysInfo and some benchmarks at the weekend and post info. It comes with Antix Games player and Raging Thunder runs fine (though I have nothing to compare it with yet). Meant to add earlier, no video output at all.

Guest simon.n.jonez

i just phoned pc world customer service and they said 2 more weeks to wait for the vega......pc world is trying to kill me.

can anyone else phone up and see if they get the same reply

May get better response phoning/emailing some people listed at the bottom of this page: http://www.euroinvestor.co.uk/news/story.aspx?id=11341005

PS: It does say "For further information and *review samples* of the Advent Vega please contact: ..." :-)

Been there rang them earlier from here http://www.dsgiplc.com/layout.aspx?ID=f604...jqTfg299ky4U,no joy its a press line for enquires B) felt tad embarrased

I was expecting it to be a bit on the slow side but so far I'm happy with the speed. Had suspected it would have the guts of an Orange SF/ XTE Blade, just a bigger screen and battery, seems faster, could be my imagination or the fact it comes with 2.2. Will install SysInfo and some benchmarks at the weekend and post info. It comes with Antix Games player and Raging Thunder runs fine (though I have nothing to compare it with yet). Meant to add earlier, no video output at all.

Shame it doesn't run Flash, otherwise I'd be all over it like a shot.

Also a shame that Linx assured me that it did, despite field reports suggesting otherwise B)

I want to watch Strong Bad emails, damnit!