Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest removed-14
Ordered, total price after Quidco = £230.64!

P

At this price it is tempting to just order one. If it is poor it could easily be sent back like people did with the Folio.

Guest Bisto321

PCW sales team just advised that they are only available online - she said in store stock will be available next week.

We need some eyes in store to fully confirm this, I have trust issues with DSG.

I suppose ordering online is not a bad idea - you have the 7 day distance selling regulations to protect you. If the screen is naff, send it back and they can't argue.

oh, forgot to mention - she also offered that they have had lots of problems with them, hence the delay to get them right (why offer that info?) Hopefully this is good news B)

Edited by Bisto321

Guest removed-14
I'd be inclined to order online anyway just to give you the 7 day window (not to mention the near 20 quid price difference!)

P

Absolutely. Just ordered mine online.

i'm too impatient for delivery! think i'll be good and wait for your guys feedback on your orders

Not there's an oxymoron! Too impatient to wait but you'll wait for feedback, lmao!

P

Guest removed-14
£10 voucher still working here.

P

Worked for me too. That and Quidco makes it nearly £100 less than the Folio. I wonder if I can lower my expectations by £100 too?

Guest john newhouse

before i order a 16gb microsd card. can anyone confirm the difference in the class's of cards?

i know the higher the number the better (faster), but i read somewhere that the speed improvements are just for writing to the card, the reading speed is no different no matter what the class is.

if that's the case then i will be happy with a lower class card, as i will just connect it directly to my server and move the files over whenever i want to change the media on my tablet.

but obviously i don't want a lower class card if the reading speeds are lower, as i don't want to end up with juttering media (although i wont be throwing hidef stuff at it)

Guest ricwales1

Well that was a the hardest online order i have made , refused my address i dont know how many times then somehow flew through. So ordered with discount code and quidco used as per others, thanks for pointing out the £10 offer guys B)

Guest JingleManSweep
Any spotted in any stores??

Why don't they do decent next day Saturday delivery? Useless!!

I have a feeling that they'll take our money and then send us an update email saying that there are stock problems, hence the lack of Saturday delivery option.

Guest ricwales1

who knows you might be right ... PC World site now shows unavailable , i just hope its limited stock B)

update .. same on currys now

Edited by ricwales1

Guest shutdown
Not there's an oxymoron! Too impatient to wait but you'll wait for feedback, lmao!

P

ha! the folio fiasco has just scared me a bit. normally i'd be all over this like a rash but i'm going to play it safe and see if you guys praise it enough to warrant buying