Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest firedup

Ordered one just in time (hopefully). Now showing as out of stock on Dixons and Currys. Rang Currys to check stock in local area and they also said now also sold out for home delivery. How many did they have, 10????

Guest firedup

Got an 'Order Acknowledgement' email but it says:

"We will email you again when your order is confirmed. All orders are subject to stock availability."

Has anyone got this second email?

Guest Bisto321
Got order acknowledgement email, no second email yet!

Ordered mine at about 8.45am.

wow, I can feel the tension!

I am still considering getting a Galaxy tab today - want a tablet in my hands.

PCW will price match staples £449 then I have £100 vouchers from work and I think I can use the in store shopping guide voucher too?

So Gtab for £344 of my own cash - shall I do it?

Or Vega £249 - 100 = £150, but I have got to wait for it in store next week (possibly, still not convinced of availability in numbers?)

Guest swarrans
It says this on the PC World site lol

I know - I can't believe it, I've been watching this site for weeks and this morning was the first time I didn't check because I assumed it wasn't coming out...

I'm really pissed off

I know - I can't believe it, I've been watching this site for weeks and this morning was the first time I didn't check because I assumed it wasn't coming out...

I'm really pissed off

I am more pissed off than you are....but guess I have to wait.

Guest whatkatedoes

I had it in the basket, coupon applied, quidco etc... but swithered.. and decided to wait for peoples comments first. If I'd ordered it would still have been mid week before I got it, so I'd rather take the hit of not having it vs peoples comments and the potential ability to check it out in person in store B)

*sits on hands again trying not to be swayed by anything else, especially you, Mr. Archos 101...*

Im waiting for reviews as well. I have an HP Pavillion dm1 i use a work, but i might sell it to get a Vega if the reviews are good. The main issue is how well it plays your average .mkv and handles Flash. Alternatively i may sell my Desire.. Hmmm..

Guest Curfish

dixons now says

ADVENT Vega Internet Tablet - Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock next week

Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock next week. The stylish Advent Vega Internet Tablet is a portable media tablet...

so looks like the peeps who ordered did actually get hold of limited stock

Guest amarko5

The blooming swines , was in the shop yesterday and was assured its gonna be 2 weeks , then the sods go sand post em up when iam at work with no pc access until now, then I find they are out of stock. This company is liking like one big joke. B)

I had it in the basket, coupon applied, quidco etc... but swithered.. and decided to wait for peoples comments first. If I'd ordered it would still have been mid week before I got it, so I'd rather take the hit of not having it vs peoples comments and the potential ability to check it out in person in store B)

*sits on hands again trying not to be swayed by anything else, especially you, Mr. Archos 101...*

Same here had one in the basket and then decided to way due to the delivery time. tough choice against the archos

Guest nitro_ds

Hi guys, I'm an Italian boy and I'd like to buy the Advent Vega but Currys, Pc World and Dixons shops are only for UK people. Is there a way to buy this wonder internet table through Internet for me? Thank you

Guest swarrans
Hi guys, I'm an Italian boy and I'd like to buy the Advent Vega but Currys, Pc World and Dixons shops are only for UK people. Is there a way to buy this wonder internet table through Internet for me? Thank you

Form an orderly queue here please!!.....

Guest English Haze

Just had Currys on the phone to verify my on-line order details and they helpfully told me that they were out of stock already and would have more next week. I placed the order at 9.30 this morning!

My cynical side tells me they are testing the waters to judge demand and don't actually have any in the country yet. I hope they remember that they aren't supposed to take the payment until they ship.

Guest removed-14
Just had Currys on the phone to verify my on-line order details and they helpfully told me that they were out of stock already and would have more next week. I placed the order at 9.30 this morning!

Sorry, to clarify that... Your order will or will not be fulfilled by the stock they had at the start of this morning?