Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

If they have cancelled one order that means its now -3. Out of interest do you know what time he ordered? was it the case that he was one of the very last few to place his ordered hence the cancelation due to no stock?

Jacobyte who's had a confirmation ordered from memory 9:05 - 9:15 ... was trying to find the DM on twitter but it's no longer visible - from memory that's about right.

http://twitter.com/#!/Jacobyte969/stat...547277028433920

Mark - who had his order cancelled was at 9:40 and never even received an acknowledgement (but they took his money).

Edited by Guest

Guest MarkoUK

I'm not sure who is in charge of this whole farce but it seems very unprofessional!

I need to put an email together to send off to the top brass at DSG retail.

Anyone remember that site which had the MD of Currys Ireland on it?

I'll go digging for that too.

Bingo -

Currys: Declan

Managing Director

Adverts | Friends

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruno Batista

Had a go at the Toshiba yesterday, it's ghastly!

Apparently the returns rate is through the roof, lots of bugs and no one is happy with it.

Seems like it's down to the Archos or the Advent.

And Declan, seems like the Advent finally went live to order on the PC World website this morning, so maybe after the weekend?

I do want to buy it, but would love to play with the tablet first and make sure it's not another Folio!

Notice they've sold out already on the web. What I imagine has happened is that they got a small initial allocation and have gotten through it quite fast. They're saying that they will be in stock next week and the same should apply to us. We're looking at intakes to the warehouse this morning and still no sign, so I'll keep my counsel on an arrival date to stores until I'm 100 % certain

Edited by MarkoUK

I received my Order acknowledgement at 10.26 and not heard anything since B) I reckon I wont be getting my vega as would have been among the last to get order in grr.

Guest debs626
I received my Order acknowledgement at 10.26 and not heard anything since B) I reckon I wont be getting my vega as would have been among the last to get order in grr.

Dont give up hope :) the stock is at -3 (afawk) so if 4 more cancel their orders then you'll be in luck :)

The plot thickens eh. When staff are saying there is no stock do they mean there is no stock now because what they had has been allocated or do they mean There is no actual stock ??

Dont give up hope B) the stock is at -3 (afawk) so if 4 more cancel their orders then you'll be in luck :)

The plot thickens eh. When staff are saying there is no stock do they mean there is no stock now because what they had has been allocated or do they mean There is no actual stock ??

Once I'd gottent through the whole description line "unprecedented blabh blah blah" ... I specifically asked him if they had received stock - he said they had not received any. "What none at all" - "no sir our first shipment is in next week".

When I asked when it would arrive he said he couldn't give me an accurate date just that stock was due next week (w/c 22nd Nov).

There was no stock ... EDIT - note to self : record all phone conversations from here on in.

Now the options are;

1) DSG claim there was an administrative error in stock being booked on.

2) The stock arrived but failed QA process and was quarantined due to inferior supply and they are "consious of the Toshiba Folio launch and in the interest of supplying the product ordered" they held it back pending resolution.

3) The agent(s) (who spoke to both me and to MarkoUK) were misinformed and have been retrained - sorry and yes the stock will be shipped but, we're drowning in a sea of orders - we can't tell you how many because its a secret ... shhhh.

4) They say nothing - we wait - we get confirmations and this gives them 5 more days to deliver stock ... another sleepless couple of nights for the DSG team praying that their ship comes in (literally).

Can't think of any more but, it had better be a really probably one ... the media are on their weekend too ... Monday there'll be questions. Someone better be good at BS.... lol.

Edited by Guest

Guest Bisto321

What a load of poo!

I am glad I flipped my original thought's about 7inch an bought a Gtab, £440 is quite a bit (only£340 of my own B) makes me feel slightly better) but this mess makes me feel almost justified in spending the extra. Almost!

I Hope the Advent arrives for you all next week and it is really good, I will probably join the 10inch gang mid of next year and will be following all the fun on here till then.

Gtab is an excellent piece of kit and I have only managed one kernel panic so far, so I am not modding it enough, must try harder :) Games are cool(too old for that word now) and the screen is super nice!

Good luck to all you 'DSG worriers' - don't let the b'tards get you down.

Guest firedup

Got mine at 10.32. Anyone beat that?

Guest JingleManSweep

@donalkeane: As much as I agree with you, I must admit that the Android Guide link you refer to is my site and I only created that blog entry based on the opinions (and facts) obtained from this thread, including the information you have posted. Thanks for the plug though, it is very much appreciated.

Ok so I decided to ring currys just before 6 (hub came home dinner etc hence late reply) and the man I spoke with was just as confused as to what was going on.He did confirm the -4 and that as there was no stock he couldnt confirm delivery but mine was allocated. Was literaly on phone when hub came home kids running to door etc so I typed into address bar what he was saying but after closing lid its vanished B) anyway so he said order status was - - but after dispatch it would change to - -.Sorry im rambling now but cant for the life of me remember what he said.... Chablis and xfactor might help jog the memory!! Oh he is sending an email to some department re order status.

Anyone up for creating a facebook page called "Wheres-my-advent-vega" or "Wheres-my-android-tablet" or "all-i-want-for-christmas-is-an-android-tablet" ???

He he right now im bored and could do with some distraction

So ... no one has received an Order Confirmation eh ... seems strange that given the spread of times we placed our orders.

For anyone who wants to find out where it is - 0844 561 0000 - ask them. Make sure you ask about the stock .... that is "Did you actually receive a delivery on Friday?" or "Is the delivery next week the first one?".

TO be clear, I just want to receive my Advent Vega - that's all. I've waited for an absolute lifetime for the thing to arrive and am just disappointed that I've been misled into parting with my money - why not tell me that it was a Pre-Order ?

why not tell me that it was a Pre-Order ?

Because:

1) they would lose sales

2) they would not have your money

3) they make publicity: in all news they sold out all those Advent...despite not having any LOL

Because:

1) they would lose sales

2) they would not have your money

3) they make publicity: in all news they sold out all those Advent...despite not having any LOL

LOL - I guess but,

1) Those buying it would wait impatiently but, ultimately buy

2) Ringfenced my money but, get the gist ... x units x 250 = lots a wonga - someone in a boardroom can stand up and say "and in 2 hours we made £xx,000 clear profit"

3) Very true - bet that them not having stock gets 1% of the coverage usually because no one wants to stand up and say "you lied" for fear of retribution.

Personally, I don't like deceit - we'll all get our devices but, won't we have a different view of the supplier now? Doesn't promote a healthy relationship ...

Guest Commadus
Also, not sure if we all have seen this link before so for those who ain't seen it:

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computerac...-android-tablet

Another lynch job on android. What a joke about Apps. You don't apps as much if you have a full web experience but Apple Marketing and shills like this fool lap it up. Whne they means apps they really mean games as thats the best selling apps on the market.

i see the archos 101 is now available to buy on PCW site. wonder how many of those they have i stock

Yes and strangely it was only available to buy after the vega sold out.Although I did read that someone who had purchased the archos was still awaiting their second email also.

When checking out delivery was estimated between order date (19th) and 22nd.Im starting to think thats when they expect to receive stock?

Guest space_cowboy1985

Ive been looking into one myself. From what Ive heard there really good bar the screen, apparently you need to get it at the right angle. Where's got them in stock? Most places iv'e seen have said the 24th.

The specs are decent but could be better Im not to sure about how much difference the 1ghz processor compared to the tegra will be. I would love to see some benchmarks. The 256 RAM is a bit naff. Will this cause a problem with 3.0 does anyone know? And there currently doesn't seem to be any devs working on it. Although the market is easily side loaded which is a bonus.

Im so torn, the folio has also made some progress and the market is now on it, if comes back out with a clean bill of health Im going to have 3 options again. Whats a boy to do.