Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MarkoUK

My status:

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 22/11/10 Lincoln Service Centre

Parcel received after cut off time. 21/11/10 15:22 DSG Customer Location

Maybe not been been collected from DSG yet?

Guest john newhouse

cool, i got the pcworld emal this morning too saying that dhl will be bringing it.

my quidco was also asking me to verify my pcworld purchase by entering the order number against it. so you all may want to have a quick check of your quidco accounts

Guest MarkoUK
Delivery Tuesday? B)

P

Very optimistic bud. I think it might be Thursday at best. Not even sure that the Vega's have been collected yet.

Can others in here post what their status reads from the tracking confirmation please?

Guest 5c00ter

I've finally received my order confirmation with a tracking reference. The status reads as follows:

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 22/11/10 LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE

Parcel received after cut off time. 21/11/10 13:35 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

My BIG question is, why I wasn't told any of this when I spoke with DSG customer services yesterday? Another merry dance?

Guest MarkoUK
cool, i got the pcworld emal this morning too saying that dhl will be bringing it.

my quidco was also asking me to verify my pcworld purchase by entering the order number against it. so you all may want to have a quick check of your quidco accounts

Got the Quidco verification request too. Things are looking up!

Guest debs626

Still nothing for me :) but I do see that Dixons Online - Hemel Hempstead have taken the money's from my bank account, transaction was dated the 20th (sat)

Keeping my fingers crossed ............. my earlier prediction of a Tuesday delivery is looking more likely now B)

Guest removed-14
I got my confirmation too, still no Quidco tracking though, has this worked for anyone else?

No Quidco for my Currys transaction yet either. Ill wait until tomorrow before composing a cashback query.

Morning all.

Well I'd be remiss if I didn't logon and advise everyone that I too have received my shipping confirmation -

Dear Donal,

Your order (PCWXXXXXXXXXXX) is on its way and will be delivered to you by DHL.

Soon after this email is sent you will be able to track your delivery by clicking on the link below.

Courier website:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tracking code:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you have any questions you can either ask online or call us on 0844 561 0000 (we’re open for calls Mon-Fri 9am – 8pm, Sat 9am – 6pm and Sun 10am – 5pm ).

Thanks again for shopping with us.

The tracking code links through to a status screen which advises -

Ident Code (1) Current Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments

XXXXXXXXXX Parcel received after cut off time. 21/11/10 15:21 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

So it would appear there was stock ... hmmm.

I can categorically state that the gentleman that I spoke to on Saturday told me that they had not received any stock - 100% sure of that.

If I've caused any of you concern or distress I apologise but, my intentions were well placed - I was advised there was no stock and reacted accordingly. It's extremely likely that I got quite emotional over the whole thing but this is due to my absolute longing for the device and the disappointment felt on Saturday when it looked like there was no stock to honour my order.

I have the humble pie in the microwave and will consume it shortly.

As a close - You will recall that I mentioned Mark had had his order cancelled. He rang them this morning to find out why and was advised that they had insufficient stock to fulfil his order - he never even received an acknowledgement. Mark ordered at 9:31 am on Friday.

Guest debs626
Morning all.

Well I'd be remiss if I didn't logon and advise everyone that I too have received my shipping confirmation -

I can categorically state that the gentleman that I spoke to on Saturday told me that they had not received any stock - 100% sure of that.

If I've caused any of you concern or distress I apologise but, my intentions were well placed - I was advised there was no stock and reacted accordingly. It's extremely likely that I got quite emotional over the whole thing but this is due to my absolute longing for the device and the disappointment felt on Saturday when it looked like there was no stock to honour my order.

As a close - You will recall that I mentioned Mark had had his order cancelled. He rang them this morning to find out why and was advised that they had insufficient stock to fulfil his order - he never even received an acknowledgement. Mark ordered at 9:31 am on Friday.

There is no need for apologies ! you were merely going on information you had received first hand.

I still haven't found the link with the quote "15,000" devices had been received and were waiting to go on sale. This is what made me question the statement - The stores had no stock ie what they had, had been sold already and they were waiting for more stock to arrive.

Guest MarkoUK
Morning all.

Understandable reaction - I think we were all feeling the same.

It's sad but a good bit of information that Mark didn't get an order acknowledgement. This suggests there was stock and that the acknowledgement system was sending out emails against a known stock level. Sorry that he didn't get one but I think we might see Vegas in stores at the end of the week!

Is this not how the Folio ran? Up for home delivery then in stores within a week after that?

Maybe they do home delivery first as they can get those out quicker than filling up the retail store stock? If you have to ship out large amounts to stores over the UK then that may take up to a week to get them there and booked into the individual store's system.

There is no need for apologies ! you were merely going on information you had received first hand.

I still haven't found the link with the quote "15,000" devices had been received and were waiting to go on sale. This is what made me question the statement - The stores had no stock ie what they had, had been sold already and they were waiting for more stock to arrive.

That's kind of you but, I do feel bad.

Mark will, I hope post later, but, in advising him that he'd be credited (they had processed his card) - they told him he was being refunded as there was not immediate stock - he asked if it could be backordered - she advised that as the supplier could not confirm further stock within 28 days it is policy to refund monies.

Anyhow, I've caused enough fires for now ... sorry again.

Guest whatkatedoes

Ah well, so the week of Doom is here lol

Amidst all you hopefully lucky people getting their Vegas delivered this week, do we know if/when the stores are getting stock?

For those of you who have received confirmation emails... what time did your acknowledgement email come through at?

Mine came through at around 10.10am on the friday. But no delivery confirmation as of yet.

Guest 5c00ter
Morning all.

No need to apologies and get that damn pie out of the microwave !!

I had a similar conversation with DSG custserv on Sunday and they couldn't tell me anything! nor could they commit to any deliveries/dispatches. So you can imagine my surprise to the email sitting in my inbox this morning.

Call me cynical but why didn't they say anything to me about my order?

The fat lady hasn't sung yet ...

BTW My ack. email came through approx. 09:40 Friday, with my Order conf. coming through around 08:00 this am.

Edited by 5c00ter