Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MarkoUK
For those of you who have received confirmation emails... what time did your acknowledgement email come through at?

Mine came through at around 10.10am on the friday. But no delivery confirmation as of yet.

Mine came through at 0936HRS and 1003HRS.

Got DHL tracking number for both of them this morning at 0800HRS and 0646HRS respectively.

Edited by MarkoUK

Guest 5c00ter
Mine came through at 0936HRS and 1003HRS.

Got DHL tracking number for both of them this morning at 0800HRS and 0646HRS respectively.

Smart move, a backup Vega in case of scratches/bricking with custom roms? One for daily use and another just to look at and to show your friends?!

i hadnt received a delivery confirmation either, i rang pc world and they said its been shipped and should be with me tomorrow

Just done this the dude said my order has been cancelled as unit is out of stock B) - said i will have to reorder. i am raging :)

Well whether they had stock or not what it has done apart from keeping my glued to thread all bloody weekend it only add to the expectations of this little device. Now everyone that I have told about the Vega all want one even though nobody could say if and when they were coming in stock but seems to be a case of people want what they cannot get which added to all the press on the fact they sold out within hours only makes more people take notice.

I am keeping every movable part of my body crossed that this is what we are all wanting and expecting and not a load of s"%t otherwise they will be restocking them quicker that what they can send them out.

My only problem is that I have ordered 2 of these for Christmas presents which in theory means I will not get to see what the like for a few weeks yet but I think it might be beneficial to my girls if I have a quick look first to make sure they are ok and that they will be able to use them Christmas morning. Well that’s what iam telling her indoors anyway lol

Guest ricwales1

with no actual review of the product i think you would be wise to check them both even if just to make sure they switch on and the screens are fine. however from the pre production and youtube vids we have seen my hopes are still high B)

Edited by ricwales1

Order acknowledgement 10.26

Order confirmation 06.28

This has me baffled why marks was cancelled as his order was checked out before mine.

Could orders be alphabetical?

My only problem is that I have ordered 2 of these for Christmas presents which in theory means I will not get to see what the like for a few weeks yet but I think it might be beneficial to my girls if I have a quick look first to make sure they are ok and that they will be able to use them Christmas morning. Well that’s what iam telling her indoors anyway lol

When I purchased my galaxy tab my teenage son begged me for one for xmas.The vega is more apt for his age and needs so im delighted to finally have one winging its way to me and after all this hassle theres no way its getting stuffed under the bed untill xmas.It will be promptly opened (how could we not) and all nicely set up for him so its usable straight out of box.And the pleasure will be all mine!

Guest Bisto321

Glad they are on their way, finally!

I really hope the screen is better than the folio, I am sure the software will be better but using the galaxy tab has shown me how bad the screen was on the folio.

Looking forward to some unboxing and demo vids.

Guest TylerDurdenK

After being told by Currys on Saturday that I missed out on Fridays orders, I received tracking info today.

Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 22/11/10 LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE

Parcel received after cut off time. 21/11/10 13:34 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

I got in touch with Lincoln (01522 814450 if anyone else wants to hassle them) and have been told it will be with me tomorrow. B)

I might try and put together an unboxing video if anyone would be interested, I've never done one before.

Oh, and TopCashBack cashback has tracked. Paying out £7.99, as it is based on the full retail price of £249, rather than the £239 I paid after using the 10POUND code.

Edited by TylerDurdenK

Guest 5c00ter

Nice one. Just called that number too. Told hopefully delivery will be tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest. All depends on how early the driver can get out of the door.

Now, if I can find out who the driver is and his number, then I can give 'em an early morning alarm call ... LOL

Guest Matrix Mike

According to the news page

Full specs...

•Product Name:

•Product ID: P10AN01

•Processor: Nvidia T20 Tegra 2

•Processor speed: 1GHz

•RAM: 512MB

•ROM: 512MB

•Included microSD Card: 4GB

•Screen resolution: 1024 x 600

•Widescreen: yes

•LED Screen: yes

•WiFi: 802.11bg

•Bluetooth: 2.1 +EDR

•Memory card Reader: microSD card

•Webcam: 1.3 Megapixels

•Touch screen technology: Projective Capacitive

•Multi-touch: 4 fingers

•Built-in 3G broadband SIM card slot: yes

•Battery Type: Li-Polymer

•Number of battery cells: 2

•Battery life :

◦Play Audio (LCD off) : 16hr

◦Play 1080p Video : 6.5hr

◦Stand by : 4 days

•Operating System: Android 2.2 Froyo

•Microphone: yes

•Dimensions: 275mm / 178mm / 13.6mm

•Weight: 700~750g

•Colour: Black

There is a 3G SIM card slot can anyone confirm this ?

Guest removed-14

My DHL tracking still says:

Parcel received after cut off time. 21/11/10 13:35 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

No sign of it reaching my local depot yet. B)

EDIT: Scrap that, didn't realise the tracking code was clickable!

Edited by removed-14

Guest ricwales1
My DHL tracking still says:

No sign of it reaching my local depot yet. B)

click on your ident code and this will then show your progress, if you not done this already.

however will probably show the same as everyone else

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 22/11/10 LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE

i see you found the option .. doh

Edited by ricwales1

Guest ricwales1
Quidco still not tracked here, which is annoying!

P

try using query option on quidco ...

• On the Quidco Homepage click on Transactions

• Click on Compose Cashback Query

• Enter the details requested in the cashback query form

Guest shutdown

From twitter:

AdventVega Advent Vega

More stock arrives tomorrow, this will be in limited qty and online only. We hope to have this online by late afternoon/early evening.

cards at the ready gents

Guest Bisto321

I am not even getting one and I feel sick with anticipation for you all.

Much kudos given to the first person to post a reply on here from the advent (video proof required B) )

Regarding 3g slot – physically there I think but I would assume hardware is missing.

I would imagine the 3g chipset also includes GPS hardware, as in the iPad and Gtab? No 3g means no GPS and vice versa.

If it is actually there and can be ‘hacked on’ then, wow, bargain tablet.

I am thinking it won’t be there, getting tegra2 to play nice is probably taking up all their time.