Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

Well, for me, this is the perfect home pad.

I am planning to use it at home for web surfing, big remote control for XBMC, photo player, Youtube machine with friends, HD MKV movie player.

Occasionally, all of the above on the go via tethering option of my Nexus One.

wish list: Custom Modaco ROM one day ;-)

Edited by BooToo

No idea has definitely 2 stream of infos here... :)

The official Dixon press release who says the 1st of Nov

The engadget one who claim the 18th of October

One thing is sure, I have checked Dixon, Curry and PC World website and nothing tonight...

Will check again tomorrow as maybe the dates are relative to availability online (Tomorrow) and availability in stores (Nov)...

Edited by BooToo

Guest firedup
Most definitely!!!!

Good findings...

I will check everyday until the 1st of Nov as I want one as soon as available!

I would imagine this points towards it being available next week. I doubt they would make changes to the website and leave a dead link in there for nearly 2 weeks.

Still, a bit weird nobody at PC World or Curry's know anything about it.....

Guest Dogeron

I went and plagued the staff over in the Blue Water store, its on their system and we have a product code for the Vega......050609

According to the guy I spoke to, based on previous experience, this would indicate a lead time of 2-3 weeks before it hits the stores...... :)

Edited by Dogeron

Guest MarkoUK

If you go to Change Detection (http://www.changedetection.com/) and stick in the PC World/Currys/Dixons url for the internet tablet page, you will get notification by email when the page changes.

This also includes what has actually changed on the site. Which apart from just being interested in the Advent Vega, is actually quite interesting in a general geeky way!! I don't want to go down that road of geekiness though :-).

I've also set one up to look at Advent's own site and see if anything changes on there.

I think I might be a little obsessed at the moment :)

Guest MarkoUK
Hi, Does anyone know if this tablet will be sold in the ( USA )? Thanks :)

Not under the Advent name but maybe Shuttle? We need to find out who the OEM is.

If you're interested, I can buy one for you and ship over when it's released.

I was planning to export some if the interest is good enough.

Not under the Advent name but maybe Shuttle? We need to find out who the OEM is.

Sure, Let me know how much it is? thanks

MarkoUK, As i said when you can get your hands on one let me know, I will buy it from you. Thanks again

Guest scotti2427

Really don't know where Modaco have got the 18th October as a release date from. Dixons have said along with every other site that the 2 tablets will be released on 1st November.

Another two weeks yet guys!

Guest firedup
Really don't know where Modaco have got the 18th October as a release date from. Dixons have said along with every other site that the 2 tablets will be released on 1st November.

Really bloody annoying!!! Wasted my morning so far on phone and web trying to find them! :)

Paul got it from their PR Company...

Guest MarkoUK
MarkoUK, As i said when you can get your hands on one let me know, I will buy it from you. Thanks again

@d61954 - Yeah, no problem. I'll swing past PC World tonight and see what's going on.

If it's 1st November then that's not too long for us to wait.

I was told by the PR peeps directly that 18th was the target date!

P