froyo 2.2

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

@tiggerlator - It was locked, but it's been reopened.

Flashed Paul's Rom, Flibble's Rom and Sebastians Rom all at different times, so here's a little roundup...

Paul's was nearest stock android, and seemed to be the quickest/smoothest around the UI (Launcher Pro also seemed smoother), but had a lower Quadrant score even though I seemed to be hitting similar FPS in the Graphics Tests, so I'm a little confused there. Everything installed and ran fine, apart from the problems we're already aware of.

Flibble's Rom scored the highest Quadrant score, even hitting 1004 with a lot of the services temporarily stopped. However I seemed to have problems installing some apps, and it didn't seem quite as smooth around the UI (still much better than 2.1 though!). This was near stock android but with a few things added and lost.

Sebastian's scored similar scores to Paul's in Quadrant, the UI seemed smooth enough, but similar to Flibble's rom I had trouble installing some apps. Quite cool to see the Chinese ROM in nearly stock form with all their app icons and such. Also had sound on the boot animation which I hadn't experienced before on this phone.

Not meaning to put anyone down or anything, just thought I'd give everyone an idea of where these roms are at.

Would be very interested in testing Stephen's rom, even without the radio working.

Edited by cobhc

Ah, ok cool. Can anyone tell if hardware acceleration is varying the Quadrant scores? Does your rom that was scoring around 900 have harware acceleration turned on Stephen?

yes, sf.hw is first thing i enable its soooo much smoother

Is ti possible to enable this HW acceleration on the stock Orange ROM? ( It is not rooted yet)

Thanks

So I could turn on hardware acceleration on my unmodified San Fran if I rooted it? How much difference does it make?

Edited by Teasy

To be honest I don't want to change too much at this point. I have none of the problems people have posted on here so I'd rather not flash a new rom at the moment (not blaming the custom roms, just a case of if its not broken why fix it, at least for now). But I would be interested if I could just switch a setting on that would make things even better.

Edited by Teasy

Just do search, it's explained in the other thread, where and what to change... It's not a one-click solution, but not rocket science either. Plus, as I read, your mileage may vary.

Guest Matty-p
Like I said to you on msn Stephen, I have spare processing power if you need any help.

got a quad core i7 sat here doing nothing if you need computing power. also sound stupid and simple and obvios but have any of you checked system/ect/hosts ? foor the google issue as zte (china) may have been forced to add a google domain or ip in to block those pesky westerners from the phone's of the chinese

Guest Stephen Hyde
got a quad core i7 sat here doing nothing if you need computing power. also sound stupid and simple and obvios but have any of you checked system/ect/hosts ? foor the google issue as zte (china) may have been forced to add a google domain or ip in to block those pesky westerners from the phone's of the chinese

May jus take ya up on that offer lol

Radio layer looks very similar to the Pulse actually!

P

My initial thoughts on the blade were that it has a lot in common with the Pulse (and it does), but after having a play with the X10 yesterday the Blade has much more in common with that (the radio layer on all three is similar). Of course that doesn't help since the X10 is still locked down and has minimal development.

One thing that seems to be unique to the Blade and may be part of the problem with radio is these two files.

/system/framework/qcnvitems.jar

/system/framework/qcrilhook.jar

Guest Stephen Hyde

ye and the ril is dying due to something related to oem things (ie i suspect in those files you just mentioned, i could extract them files if its any use