19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kiwiandy
Just downloaded the APK from the first post and tried opening it via App Manager (used Astro to open it) and none of the Summary info is displayed, and under the Details tab it says " Could not open /sdcard/com.modaco.visionaryplus.apk as APK file"

Any ideas?

Legend, stock 2.1, non-rooted (ofc).

I have the same problem... any suggestions?

Guest beffie

hello

my phone does this with visionary r14

i've installed visionary r14

rebooted my device

started visionary r14

i see the screen with the green triangle(phase 1)

the screen goes black (phase2??)..... and stays black

i've tried and tried again like 10 times now but stays the same :(

usb faultdetection is on!

my info:

dutch bloatware vodafone rom

Android 2.2.1

kernel

2.6.32.21-g1e30168

buildnr

1.75.161.2 cl301245 release keys

what im i doing wrong?

and do i have to downgrade first for visionary to work?

just got my phone for a week now and still a noob at this. (so be easy on me lol)

thanks in advance

Guest johnpane
i see the screen with the green triangle(phase 1)

the screen goes black (phase2??)..... and stays black

i've tried and tried again like 10 times now but stays the same :(

usb faultdetection is on!

Are you connected to the computer by USB when you are doing this? This is necessary, and the instructions do not make this very clear.

John

Guest Android V 3.3.1

Hi!

I have an HTC Disire HD

Android Version: 2.2.1

Build-Number: 1.72.405.3 CL296490 Release-keys

Software Number: 1.72.405.3

1: I installed VISIOnary+ r14 on my HTC Disire HD,

2: enabled USB debugging

3: Temproot now

4: rooting divice, please wait...

5: Black screen appears... ( went to sleep, after some hours i still had a black screen)

6: Hold power-button for a restart...

7: After the restart I pressed attempt permroot now...

8: Says, please temroot your divice before attempting Permroot...

So I did these steps again, no result ( to bad -.-)

The options:

- Temproot on boot

- Run visionary.sh after root

- Set system r/w after root

All options make no result, tried each combination..

Read on Internet the problem is my System: Android Version: 2.2.1 true?????

I would ask if someone could help me,

Guest beffie
Are you connected to the computer by USB when you are doing this? This is necessary, and the instructions do not make this very clear.

John

thanks john for answering

to answer your question: yes i where connected to my pc

r there other tricks i could try?

EDIT: let it be.... thanks anyway

i have to downgrade the phone for root acces and will do so.

Edited by beffie

Guest retrofred
I installed and ran the latest revision of VISIONary on my MyTouch 4G, enabled the USB Debugging and successfully temprooted it. Titanium Backup was able to run without errors. Yet, I still am not able to remove the bloatware T-Mobile put on the phone. I want to get rid of the likes of Monopoly, Asphalt 5, Yahoo Mail and Messenger, etc. but the uninstall buttons are still grayed out. How do I remove these pesky little programs that just sit there idle and consume memory?

look in the android app market for " root uninstaller" this is what you need to uninstall bloatware on the phone.

Guest unhappybirthday

Temproot generally works on my HTC Glacier (MyTouch 4g), though sometimes it needs a reboot first. I've done a lot or reading and searching on rooting and VISIONary but still have a few questions. My apologies for the NOOBness.

1. What does running the visionary.sh script do? Is this option functional during temproot, temproot at boot, or permroot?

2. Many rooting guides for the MyTouch 4G were written before VISIONary 12. As a result they do not discuss the "attempt permroot now" function. Is VISIONary alone now sufficient for permanent root? If so, what are the steps (temproot, options selected, power-cycles,etc.) to make permroot successful solely with VISIONary?

3. Does the "attempt permroot now" function set S-OFF?

4. My attempts to modify my HOSTS files seem to be temporary when using temproot, even with the "Set system r/w after root" option checked. Is that option only functional during "Temproot on boot" or permroot?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dickbaua

I tried Visionary Plus R14 but whenever i try to install the apk file on my Desire HD i get a parsing Package Problem. I have no Antivirus on my Device and i don't have the application Superuser installed. My Installed Applications are:

Act 1 Video Player

Barcode Scanner

Battery Indicator Pro

File Expert

gStrings

Perfect Task Switcher

QQ Player

SlideIT Keyboard

Solo

Tap Tap App

TaskSync

What could be the Problem why i can't Install Visionary?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drastys

HI,

If I understood correctly so when I have Desire Z with 1.82.405.1 then I can´t do permroot but Temproot should be working with Visionary 14?

I need it only due to OpenVPN ...

Thanks for Reply

Guest versifier

Guys, please help !!

I have an HTC Legend, Asia, unbranded, with HTC Sense. It has HBOOT 1.01 and Software 3.15

Pretty much every technique I've tried to downgrade in order to root the phone has failed

(I have created a Goldcard, tried the temp root, flashed the image, the crackin.bat doesn't work, have the correct HTC Sync version, and the downgraded 1.31 RUU gives me an error, it just doesn't install.)

So knowing all this, is there another method I can try? Hopefully the perm root from VISIONary ? Will it be compatible, please help!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Qiuness
thanks john for answering

to answer your question: yes i where connected to my pc

r there other tricks i could try?

EDIT: let it be.... thanks anyway

i have to downgrade the phone for root acces and will do so.

i was wondering the same thing. i was connected and visionary just gives me a black screen on 2.2.1.

Does anything offer temp/full root on 2.2.1? (Desire HD)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest synergy84

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to root my HTC Desire Z (G2) for 8hrs today and im at a point now where im going to throw my phone through my monitor!!!

I am having the same problem as everyone else with it hanging/freezing at phase 2. I have enabled USB debbugging and rebooted my phone 3 times now. The only app I have downloaded from the market is astro file manager so I can install the app.

If anyone can help me or explain another way to root my phon, it would be greatly appreicated on behalf of my pc monitor!

:P

Guest flickflack
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to root my HTC Desire Z (G2) for 8hrs today and im at a point now where im going to throw my phone through my monitor!!!

I am having the same problem as everyone else with it hanging/freezing at phase 2. I have enabled USB debbugging and rebooted my phone 3 times now. The only app I have downloaded from the market is astro file manager so I can install the app.

If anyone can help me or explain another way to root my phon, it would be greatly appreicated on behalf of my pc monitor!

:D

Try these threads http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...one-click-root/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=835777

Guest RicardoC

Hello Paul,

is it possible to root DHD with VISIONary + after I upgrade to Android 2.3.3? If not, when will be a new version of VISIONary + available?

Thanks in advance!

Ricardo

Guest JoshInCA

Hi all, first time poster here. I've read through the thread but if this has been addressed already and I missed it, I apologize.

I have an HTC MyTouch 4G running 2.2.1 and have two questions.

First - I've downloaded R14 from the Mediafire download link in the first post in this thread. The free version of AVG flags it as malware. Am I correct in assuming that's a false positive? or has there been a problem with the uploaded version?

Second - will this version work to give me temproot on my phone's version of the OS? Not ready to go for permanent root ... I don't know enough yet :D

Thanks to all!

Josh in CAlifornia

Guest TeCkDeM

Hello poeple, i have a big problem.. when i use ASTRO to tinstall the visionary apk, it said me " Could Not oppen /mnt/sdcard/com.modaco.visionaryplus.r14.apk as APK file "

Hmm I need to flash my phone Because the Rom i have, havnt the Langage i need ! =) and it is a rom of vodafone i see

Guest knownchild

Nice to see 80% of peoples questions not being answered. lol

How long does it take to temproot a HTC Merge? its been 20min now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Brad Barnett

Any way to get this to work for the htc sensation +

What, are you INSANE? THIS APP BRICKS PHONES. See the link above. Paul doesn't even *care* that it does, he's well aware (and has been told repeatedly), but he leaves posts like this up -- untouched.

That known, you want this app to root your phone?!

Guest JayBee64

I used this app successfully before the MyTouch 4G was upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.4. Now when I try to root, it just hangs on the black screen attempting temp root now or if I attempt to temp root after reboot. I am positive USB debugging is enabled. As I said, it worked beautifully when the My Touch 4G was on Froyo. Do you have any idea what the problem is or are you working on a new version?