19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bobtentpeg
Is the new version suppose to flicker the screen???

If you're getting a screen flicker, uninstall Visionary, reboot and reinstall. Should work fine now

First off THANK YOU for this.

Quick question, on the main screen there is a label 'Root on Boot' which has a button underneath. By default the button is not highlighted. Press the button, it turns the button highlighted green and the label changes to 'Do not root on boot'.

This is confusing, when is it going to root on boot, when the label reads "root on boot" and the button is NOT green... or when the label reads "Do not root on boot " and the button IS green? Personally I DO NOT want to run this on boot.

Again thank you for this, wifi tethering is unbelievable with HSPA+!!

Guest weems84

Thanks for all the work to create visionary.

I think visionary may have caused problems on my phone.

After rooting, the following day the phone turned off on its own. I wasn't using it. It was in my pocket. It was unresponsive(screen would not turn on). Removed and put the battery back in. Turned it back on rerooted and the following morning around the same time( morning, about one hour after unplugging it from the charger it did it again. Went through the same steps and rerooted. And finally a third time. This time I did not root it. It was working fine until several hours later all of the apps wouldn't load. turned off and back on and the phone turned on like it was brand new. Went through the initial setup and settings.

I don't plan on rooting for now for fear something worse could happen.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again Paul, keep up the good work.

Guest DanWilson
Hey Paul...great job!!! I love this.

How come I can't uninstall Photobucket?

Jim

Because it is locked on the mad mental NAND thing. The one that stops a perm root.

Check Pauls other thread about hiding the apps. It's not like you don't have enough space :P

First, thank you for an awesome app. Was so happy to deactivate some of my bloat apps.

I am a first time Rooter. Was afraid to. Glad I started.

Few questions:

^How do I get Busybox? The one in MARKET does not install for me.

^ Could someone recommend the best A2SD and a Cache Cleaner that will work best with the G2.

Thank you

Edited by Heydae

Guest davidturel

Question - in establishing the temporary root via visionary, will this disable the phone from receiving OTAs from t-mobile?

Edited by davidturel

If you reboot and do not run VISIONary, are any traces of the root left on the phone -- specifically the myTouch 4G if it matters? What I am getting at is whether it is safe to run while in the trial period for a new phone or if that could interfere with the ability to return it. So I suppose maybe the real question is if any traces survive a complete reset of the phone. Thanks.

Guest Chad1369
Uninstall the superuser app in the normal way and you'll be effectively unrooted.

P

Thanks! Can I also assume that no other changes to memory / ROM / were done by installing and running VISIONary? It's just r9 behaved so much differently - it seemed like "true" temp root and r10 seems like a perm root from what I see - after reboot it always says "already rooted".

Guest carandcar
I realize the phone is brand new but should the software work on the Mytouch 4g?

T-Mobile sent an OTA update later in the evening taking me from 2.2 to the 2.2.1 and your software worked flawlessly. Thanks, Paul. Very happily rooted MyTouch 4G.

Guest MrPaveL

Hey Paul,

VISIONary works great on D-Z, but i found one little flaw ;-) I was poking with my device via ADB doing some stuff, while I discovered ... well it could be said before, but didn't find it ... when you have got active adb connection VISIONary won't root it. It hangs on ratc command draining all the CPU and essentially you have to reboot, because there is no way to kill that process.

But thanks for the effort You put into this, much appreciated ;-)

Pavel

Hi all,

Thanks for the root access firstly, it's nice to have the convenience of one click rooting : )

However, after rooting, i restarted my device and it ran worse than a hero with too many apps on it, very sluggish and poor, Is there something i'm missing here?

I'm using the desire HD, the installtion of root went well, usb debugging is enabled and super user popped up when i asked for it using set cpu, even though i can't overclock it yet, as i don't have a modified kernel.

PS: I told the program visionary not to start on boot and it ran perfectly.

any ideas?

Edited by dlads

Guest MrPaveL
Hi all,

Thanks for the root access firstly, it's nice to have the convenience of one click rooting : )

However, after rooting, i restarted my device and it ran worse than a hero with too many apps on it, very sluggish and poor, Is there something i'm missing here?

I'm using the desire HD, the installtion of root went well, usb debugging is enabled and super user popped up when i asked for it using set cpu, even though i can't overclock it yet, as i don't have a modified kernel.

PS: I told the program visionary not to start on boot and it ran perfectly.

any ideas?

Can you check, if device is rooted when it runs slowly?