Screenlock sticking

Guest radddogg

you could also use menuUnlock app that is also free and when the screen gets stuck just press the menu to unlock. I use it and it works great, however, on the latest hyde's froyo 1.4.6 I haven't had one lockup since. I also use a otterbox case so I thought that was causing the problem so I used it without the case and still got the same problems.

Guest mancterrier
Ever since I ran the screen calibration, I have been glitch free! (Knock on wood.)

Getting embarrassing here, couldn't ring a taxi in town last night as couldn't unlock my phone lol. It's definitely a pocket issue. Seems like a major design flaw

Getting embarrassing here, couldn't ring a taxi in town last night as couldn't unlock my phone lol. It's definitely a pocket issue. Seems like a major design flaw

When it happens to me, I just have to turn the screen off and on 2-3 times and it'll always work again.

Guest terewong
I don't know if this is a common problem or just my streak. Often when I try to unlock my screen, I drag the unlock banner and halfway along it drops it, I try again and it drops it again. I have to keep trying at different speeds and eventually I can trick it into unlocking. This is the same when I get a call and have to drag to answer, I've actually missed calls because of this. One time I forgot to put it on silent and it started ringing in my office, I eventually had to pull the battery to which my colleague Apple sheep fanboi took great satisfaction in pointing out that his iphone doesn't do that.

This has happened on every build so far but only happens during the unlock phase. Any ideas how to fix?

I'm on Froyo V3

I tried to use LockBot with "HTC Hero" style as lock screen replacement, it looks better than before but there is a bug on this apps, everytime you reboot, you need to activate the LockBot again or else it will be replaced by the default lock screen again

C360_2010-10-18-23-45-45.jpg

I use menu unlock (dark grey icon with paler grey horizontal lines) from the market. No problems at all and it never unlocks by accident either coz you still have to press power button first then menu button wakes phone... perfect :-)